Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Anyone have to source for basewars?

View previous topic  I need to know how to put a bot in the... Post :: Post bot needed  View next topic  
Umz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Anyone have to source for basewars? Reply to topic Reply with quote

anyone have it?
Umz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

or if no one has this, a MERVbot plugin similar to basewars except the timer starts when a team has the majority of the flags instead of all the flags
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I needed the same thing, so I wrote my own version.

Here is the source code. Consider the parts that were written by me to be public domain.

I don't remember how well I commented things, so sorry in advance.

As it currently exists, bot is hard-coded to require all the flags to be held for three minutes and to play victory music for the last 30 seconds.

Can't add this as an attachment, so here we go:

http://www.rpi.edu/~hughes/ximages/jackpot.zip
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is samhughes an alias for another player or someone new to this forum? Sorry, I can't keep up with who everyone is with them changing names every 6 months.
Phyran
I privately speak in public

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i think CF has a modded one, don't remember
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SamHughes is not an alias. It is the name I've used since I started playing and is very similar to the name I've been using since I was born. And it's the only name I've used on this forum.

Someplaces in SS I played as Spock. but not in SSC zones.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I do. I'm sure it's somewhere on this forum, do a search.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Umz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ok, i searched but i couldn't find anywhere that you attached it, just where you talked about it. Could you post it on here please?
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

OK I put it up on my website: http://www.digitization.org/download/basewars2-src.zip
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SamHughes wrote:

Can't add this as an attachment, so here we go:

http://www.rpi.edu/~hughes/ximages/jackpot.zip

When I tried to compile as I normally do, it gave me these errors:

Code: Show/Hide
--------------------Configuration: jackpot - Win32 Debug--------------------
Compiling...
spawn.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\xtree(120) : warning C4786: 'std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,
data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::
char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\map(46) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<
char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,st
d::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >' being compiled
        c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(76) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_strin
g<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >' being compiled
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\xtree(120) : warning C4786: 'std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,
data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::
char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\map(46) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<
char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,st
d::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >' being compiled
        c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(76) : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_strin
g<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >' being compiled
char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Node' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::reverse_bidirectional_iterator<std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,st
d::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_
row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::pair<std::basic_s
tring<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row> &,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row> *,int>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug informati
on
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::reverse_bidirectional_iterator<std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,st
d::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_
row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::pair<std::b
asic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row> const &,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > const ,data_row> const *,int>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in t
he debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::
allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std
::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator,bool>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::
allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std
::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator,std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::all
ocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std::b
asic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator,std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,st
d::allocator<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<
std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::reverse_bidirectional_iterator<std::_Tree<unsigned short,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::map<unsigned short,data_row,std::less<unsi
gned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row> &,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row> *,int>' : ide
ntifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::reverse_bidirectional_iterator<std::_Tree<unsigned short,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::map<unsigned short,data_row,std::less<unsi
gned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row> const &,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row> c
onst *,int>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<unsigned short,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::map<unsigned short,data_row,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator
<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator,std::_Tree<unsigned short,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::map<unsigned short,data_row,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::le
ss<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.h(220) : warning C4786: 'std::pair<std::_Tree<unsigned short,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::map<unsigned short,data_row,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator
<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator,std::_Tree<unsigned short,std::pair<unsigned short const ,data_row>,std::map<unsigned short,data_row,std::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,s
td::less<unsigned short>,std::allocator<data_row> >::const_iterator>' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(11) : warning C4005: 'UNASSIGNED' : macro redefinition
        c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\host.h(26) : see previous definition of 'UNASSIGNED'
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(256) : error C2065: 'EVENT_BannerChanged' : undeclared identifier
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(256) : error C2051: case expression not constant
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(1029) : warning C4786: 'std::_Tree<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocat
or<char> > const ,data_row>,std::map<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >,data_row,std::less<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::_Kfn,std::less<std::basic
_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > >,std::allocator<data_row> >::iterator' : identifier was truncated to '255' characters in the debug information
c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(1315) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
        c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(1254) : see declaration of 'i'
Error executing cl.exe.

jackpot.dll - 3 error(s), 16 warning(s)

I was using MSVC++ and I tried it with Dev-C++. I used the source included in that link you stated above to compile.
SamHughes
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You only had three errors, and all were fixable.

c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(256) : error C2065: 'EVENT_BannerChanged' : undeclared identifier

I used build 45. Maybe build 46 removed this event type. Or maybe you're using an earlier build of the core. You could just delete that case and the associated section anyway. For it doesn't do anything; I kept it and others in the source in case I wanted to modify later.

c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(256) : error C2051: case expression not constant

This is the same error.

plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(1315) : error C2374: 'i' : redefinition; multiple initialization
        c:\documents and settings\inverno\desktop\merv plugins\src\jackpot\spawn.cpp(1254) : see declaration of 'i'

Your compiler is broken.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

No, EVENT_BannerChanged is new. You're using an old tutorial.zip.

Also, your compiler isn't broken, it's old. You're probably using MSVC++6, which doesn't conform to the C++ standard about variables declared in loops. Just make one declaration of int i at the top of the function and remove all the declarations (not the definitions!) in the for loops.

Also, all those long debug string names. Yeah, that's one of the reasons I hate STL. You need like 10 template classes to do anything any more complex than std::string.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

As for the old tutorial.zip, I downloaded that the same day as I compiled, yesterday. Yes, I'm using MSVC++ and I'll try declaring int i...which only goes on line 1254 in spawn.cpp as it says, correct? Also, I'll try and remove EVENT_BannerChanged and the other error to see if it'll work.

Thanks.
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Works now. All it needed was the src of the new core, 46.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 631 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.561168 seconds : 39 queries executed (80.8%): GZIP compression disabled