Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Few bugs

View previous topic  Couple of suggestions Post :: Post changefreq won't work  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Few bugs Reply to topic Reply with quote

BUG: I found out that destroying tiles IS actually possible! with the following settings and my map, the flags spawn and actually destroy tiles, and act like turf flags. Sometimes the flags move (no idea why) and they leave my safe zone like swiss cheese. I could fly right through where walls were with a few ?flagreset's

Code: Show/Hide

[Flag]

; client-side stuff
FlaggerOnRadar=1
FlaggerKillMultiplier=2
FlaggerGunUpgrade=1
FlaggerBombUpgrade=1
FlaggerFireCostPercent=1000
FlaggerDamagePercent=1000
FlaggerBombFireDelay=0
FlaggerSpeedAdjustment=0
FlaggerThrustAdjustment=0
CarryFlags=0
FlagDropDelay=8000
FlagDropResetReward=40
EnterGameFlaggingDelay=1000
FlagBlankDelay=200
NoDataFlagDropDelay=500

; new server settings

GameType = $FLAGGAME_BASIC
FlagCount = 18 - 20

FlagReward=15000
SplitPoints=0

ResetDelay=1440000
FriendlyTransfer=0

SpawnX = 500
SpawnY = 500
SpawnRadius = 10

DropRadius = 1
NeutRadius = 5

DropOwned = 1
NeutOwned = 0

Another bug: the command '?quickfix spider' crashed my assswin. I was auto logged in as a sysop.

P.S. hope you fix that big download bug soon.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Flags destroying tiles is not the server's fault (though they shouldn't be dropped there), its continuum's. Same with making a user wall ontop of tiles, it overrides whats there. This problem was visible way back during VIE times also since if you have mass walls layed in a small greening pit, the greens will 'eat' those user-dropped walls because they need to go there.

As for the ?quickfix, would you mind being able to run the server in debug mode, or explain the error more? Even window's ugly error message's Details section can help explain more (copy/paste the info they have from there to here). To run in debug mode, just compile the dlls and exe in debugging mode, and do debug run in MSVC (note: works best when your workspace is where your test zone files are).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm.. the server is smart enough not to drop flags on tiles. This sounds like the unsync'd map bug, which I've seen once before. If you drop bricks, do they snap to the edges of the walls, or do they just drop anywhere? If it is what I think it is (bricks don't snap to walls), could you provide more information about the arena settings, like the arena name, arena.conf file, and where the .lvl file is, at least?

The big download stalling thing is not an asss bug. It's a cont bug that happens to show up with asss and not with subgame because subgame probably works around it in a bizarre way. I can probably fix asss to do the same, but not without help from Priit.

I'm also curious about ?quickfix. I just ran "?quickfix spider" myself and had no problem. Do any other quickfix commands cause problems, or just that?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grelminar wrote:
Hmm.. the server is smart enough not to drop flags on tiles. This sounds like the unsync'd map bug, which I've seen once before. If you drop bricks, do they snap to the edges of the walls, or do they just drop anywhere? If it is what I think it is (bricks don't snap to walls), could you provide more information about the arena settings, like the arena name, arena.conf file, and where the .lvl file is, at least?

Will test tomorow.

Quote:

The big download stalling thing is not an asss bug. It's a cont bug that happens to show up with asss and not with subgame because subgame probably works around it in a bizarre way. I can probably fix asss to do the same, but not without help from Priit.

Oh well, it does work after 6 tries or so.

Quote:

I'm also curious about ?quickfix. I just ran "?quickfix spider" myself and had no problem. Do any other quickfix commands cause problems, or just that?

Will test tomorow as MGB suggested.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Delta_5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I noticed that ?shutdown and ?shutdown -r crashes ASSS on Windows. Here is a log with debugging enabled. Also is a sceenshot of the message that comes up.

Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'log_sysop' from 'loggers'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'clientset' from 'core'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'security' from 'security'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'lagaction' from 'core'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'directory' from 'external'
Mar 02 19:35:03 D <directory> Server name: SSNC Test
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <directory> Using 'sscentral.ds98.com' at 199.232.158.6 as a directory server
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <directory> Using 'sscentral.subspace.inet.fi' at 62.65.37.101 as a directory server
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <directory> Using 'sscentral.subspacehq.com' at 199.232.158.5 as a directory server
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <directory> Using 'sscentral.subspace.net' at 216.33.98.254 as a directory server
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'game_timer' from 'game'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'flags' from 'game'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'balls' from 'game'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'koth' from 'game'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'fm_normal' from 'game'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'cfghelp' from 'command'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'filetrans' from 'admin'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'quickfix' from 'admin'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'jackpot' from 'scoring'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'periodic' from 'scoring'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'points_kill' from 'scoring'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'points_flag' from 'scoring'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'points_goal' from 'scoring'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'playercmd' from 'command'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'help' from 'command'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'sendfile' from 'funky'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'bricklayer' from 'funky'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'buy' from 'command'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'auth_prefix' from 'funky'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'ap_multipub' from 'funky'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'contenc' from 'security'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'encrypt1' from 'core'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'mysql' from 'database'
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <module> Loading module 'aliasdb' from 'database'
Mar 02 19:35:03 D <main> Entering main loop
Mar 02 19:35:03 I <mysql> connecting to mysql db on localhost, user asss, db asss
Mar 02 19:35:03 D <mysql> query: CREATE TABLE logins (  name char(24) NOT NULL default '',  ip int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  macid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  permid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  lastseen timestamp(14) NOT NULL,  UNIQUE KEY unq_idx (name,ip,macid,permid),  KEY ip (ip),  KEY macid (macid))
Mar 02 19:35:03 W <mysql> error in query: Table 'logins' already exists
Mar 02 19:35:04 D <mapnewsdl> News file 'news.txt' reread
Mar 02 19:35:13 D <directory> Sending information to directory servers
Mar 02 19:35:36 D <net> [pid=0] New connection from 192.168.1.1:1573
Mar 02 19:35:36 I <net> [] [pid=0] Disconnected
Mar 02 19:35:38 D <net> [pid=0] New connection from 192.168.1.1:1574
Mar 02 19:35:38 D <core> [pid=0] Login request: 'Delta_5'
Mar 02 19:35:38 D <capman> [Delta_5] Player assigned to group 'sysop' from global staff list
Mar 02 19:35:38 D <mysql> query: replace into logins (name, ip, macid, permid) values ('Delta_5', inet_aton('192.168.1.1'), 1691975555, 0)
Mar 02 19:35:38 I <core> [Delta_5] [pid=0] Player logged in
Mar 02 19:35:46 I <arenaman> {0} Creating arena
Mar 02 19:35:46 I <flags> {0} Arena has flaggame 1 (5-7 flags)
Mar 02 19:35:46 D <balls> {0} Ball 0 is at (7840, 9600)
Mar 02 19:35:46 I <balls> {0} Arena has 1 balls
Mar 02 19:35:46 D <capman> {0} [Delta_5] Player assigned to group 'sysop' from global staff list (global)
Mar 02 19:35:46 I <arenaman> {0} [Delta_5] entering arena
Mar 02 19:35:47 I <cmdman> {0} [Delta_5] Command (arena) 'chat' '...'
Mar 02 19:35:48 D <flags> {0} Flag 0 is at (493, 495) owned by -1
Mar 02 19:35:48 D <flags> {0} Flag 1 is at (497, 503) owned by -1
Mar 02 19:35:48 D <flags> {0} Flag 2 is at (503, 491) owned by -1
Mar 02 19:35:48 D <flags> {0} Flag 3 is at (503, 506) owned by -1
Mar 02 19:35:48 D <flags> {0} Flag 4 is at (497, 491) owned by -1
Mar 02 19:36:04 I <cmdman> {0} [Delta_5] Command (arena) 'shutdown'
Mar 02 19:36:05 D <main> Exiting main loop

Error of the crash

assscrash.JPG - 122.39 KB
File downloaded or viewed 57 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Delta_5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Also, does the billing stuff not work yet? Because I have been unsuccessful in getting it working....
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok, got some time to figure out how to debug. Here is the error message right after I ?quckfix spider with the non-debug version (whoops!):

Unhandled exception in ASSSWIN.EXE (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

Ok, here is the stuff from the debug version:

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\SUBSPACE\LINUX\HYPER\ASSSWIN.EXE
File: fprintf.c
Line: 56

Expression: str != NULL

Blabalbabla about msvc++ help

(Press Retry to Debug application)

Ok, about the bricks, they will not erase tiles like the flags, but they will go through walls. I have attached my defaultarena\arena.conf and defaultarena\flags.conf

flags.conf - 0.64 KB
File downloaded or viewed 45 time(s)

arena.conf - 0.84 KB
File downloaded or viewed 38 time(s)
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the extra info. Since the crash is in fprintf, and fprintf gets called from exactly one place in quickfix.c, I'm going to guess the problem is there. Probably one of the parameters is null, but I can't see how that is. Can you try debugging it and figure out which it is? Probably you want to set a breakpoint before the call to fprintf and check the parameters, then keep resuming and checking until you find a NULL one. Oh, and you still didn't say whether it happens with other ?quickfix arguments (including no arguments).

About the map thing, I can say that I've only seen it happen on windows so far. Or rather, I've only heard about it happening on windows. It's downloading correctly (right?) so it's clearly finding the correct file sometimes. You don't get any errors in the log about "Can't find map file for arena" or "Error parsing map file...", right? Can you break at around mapdata.c line 243 and step along from there and see if the map is getting loaded? The idea is that real_get_filename fills in the filename of the lvl file given the arena name and the config file setting, and then read_lvl is called to process it. read_lvl might be the buggy part; I haven't tested it on as many maps as I should have. Does it look like it's going through that big loop once for each tile in the map? Do the tile coordinates look ok? Oh, and can I see the .lvl file itself? It might show up for me if I try it with that file.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Grelminar wrote:
Can you try debugging it and figure out which it is? Probably you want to set a breakpoint before the call to fprintf and check the parameters, then keep resuming and checking until you find a NULL one. Oh, and you still didn't say whether it happens with other ?quickfix arguments (including no arguments).

Happenes with '?quickfix misc' too, havent tested others.
I will try to get debugging working properly on my comp soon and report back.

Quote:

You don't get any errors in the log about "Can't find map file for arena" or "Error parsing map file...", right? Can you break at around mapdata.c line 243 and step along from there and see if the map is getting loaded? The idea is that real_get_filename fills in the filename of the lvl file given the arena name and the config file setting, and then read_lvl is called to process it. read_lvl might be the buggy part; I haven't tested it on as many maps as I should have. Does it look like it's going through that big loop once for each tile in the map? Do the tile coordinates look ok? Oh, and can I see the .lvl file itself? It might show up for me if I try it with that file.

Ok, where do I find the log sa_tongue.gif? I will take a look at the debugging stuff soon.

Here is a link to the map: http://www.greenvalleyschool.com/jeff/hyperspace.lvl

[EDIT] The webserver seems to want to save it as a .bmp, but just rename it and you should be fine.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, that's quite a map. The first thing I can think of is that it's bigger than 512k. I think I limited file transfers to 512k, so that might be causing problems. Actually, that limit would apply to the compressed size, but still, I think testing with a somewhat smaller map would be helpful.

Anyway, I whipped up a little command line program to test the lvl file reading stuff, and it seems like it processes the file correctly, so I'm out of guesses for now, besides the enormous size.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> ASSS Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 630 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.508881 seconds : 37 queries executed (91.9%): GZIP compression disabled