Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Cross Platform Lvz Toolkit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic  Subgame to ASSS migration assistant Post :: Post Linux startup script for ASSS Server +...  View next topic  
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Cross Platform Lvz Toolkit Reply to topic Reply with quote

Who made it: Me, Bak-
How to contact me: post here or email me: bak2007@gmail.com
Stage of Development: Release, 1.1
Programming Language: Java
Source included: Yes
Additional Dependencies: You'll need at least Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2 to run the executable .jar files. It is a free download from here.
How to use it: CreateLvz is the equivilent of BuildLevel and ExtractLvz is the equivilent of DeBuildLevel. Double click the executable jar file you want to use, select the .ini or .lvz file you want to compile or extract.

This is a cross platform lvz toolkit program. You can make and extract lvz files. I've included the standard example.ini file as well as a sample lvz you can make. It will compress using the maximum compression, which will save you space over the traditional BuildLevel program. It will also give you a progress bar so you can see the program working, rather than guessing when it finishes. If there is an error in your ini or lvz file, the program will try to explain it in more depth than "Parse error on line: C-12,D+12,IMAGE0,AfterTiles,ServerControlled,150,10". There is also an updated lvzformat.txt file with a small correction and further explanation of the ordering of the bits inside the ini data section. The program also checks ranges, and will warn you if you attempt to use a value in your ini file that can not be translated using the current lvz format (more than 255 IMAGE's, for example). It will also warn you if your .lvz is more than 4 megabytes in size.

Update 1.01: My range checking bit shifts were off by a bit (too restrictive). Fixed it.
Update 1.02: Fixed same directory extract bug found and fixed by Dr Brain.
Update 1.03: Added full comand line support (don't need any windowing system anymore), and now if the compressed size is more than the uncompressed size, it will no longer compress, saving you more space. This also fixes the bug where if the compressed size was equal to the uncompressed size, it would still compress but continuum wouldn't decompress when opening, causing the image to be encoded incorrectly.
Update 1.04: Fixed freeze in the case of an empty comment line.
Update 1.1: Fixed exception in case of extremely large numbers (over 2^31). You can also pass a filename on the command line and still get windowing support by passing an extra paramter.

Cross Platform Lvz Toolkit

X-LvzToolkit_1.1.zip - 1353.8 KB
File downloaded or viewed 871 time(s)

Last edited by Bak on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 11 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Java. Hohoho. Wonderful.

I'll try it out later today, and see if I can't get you linux binarys.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've been waiting for someone to make a Winzip like program, in which you can view the inside of a LVZ without extracting everything. You can double-click on a file to extract/view just that, drag-and-drop to extract, etc. And also allow easier importing of files or replacing a specific file.

If you extend these two programs out a bit, people won't need to keep a folder specificly for creating LVZs.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Noticed a bug in ExtractLvz. If the lvz is in the current directory, it tries to extract the files to a bad location.

here's the fix:

Code: Show/Hide

private static void makeDir(File f)
   {
      String name = getLvzName(f);

if (f.getParent() != null)
         destDir = f.getParent() + File.separator;

destDir += name + " Lvz Files" + File.separator;

new File(destDir).mkdir();
   }
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Interesting, I wonder if new File(f.getAbsolutePath()).getParent() would work... or does it automatically make any path it can realative? In either case it's now fixed, thanks.
Agurus
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Why java ugh i hate downloading that file 100mb!
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Way bumpage; however, Java isn't that bad. You have to spend the same amount of time for the .NET runtime (I think, isn't it?).
myke
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

no .NET looks about 22-23mb

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

interesting i could have sworn it was a lot larger.. tongue.gif

doesn't matter to me, i need it for school and hence i have it. biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

15 megs and it's a one time download and install, not like you need to download it for every java program you use

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Then bak post a direct link i can't find wht i need
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Download the Java 5 JRE (Java Runtime Environment).

It might also be called the Java 1.5 JRE. Look under J2SE if you're on the Sun website.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

cant find direct link?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs/Welcome.jsp?StoreId=22&PartDetailId=jre-1.5.0_02-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg
Tweezy
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: woot Reply to topic Reply with quote

so seksi...thank you
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update 1.03: Added full comand line support (don't need any windowing system anymore), and now if the compressed size is more than the uncompressed size, it will no longer compress, saving you more space. This also fixes the bug where if the compressed size was equal to the uncompressed size, it would still compress but continuum wouldn't decompress when opening, causing the image to be encoded incorrectly.

Also your lvz file name won't be lowercased when using createlvz.
Reaemplus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Um what the hell am I supposed to do with this file I have no idea what format it is in
-Reaem
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's 7-Zip.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Update 1.04: Fixed Freeze in the case of an empty comment line
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
I've been waiting for someone to make a Winzip like program, in which you can view the inside of a LVZ without extracting everything. You can double-click on a file to extract/view just that, drag-and-drop to extract, etc. And also allow easier importing of files or replacing a specific file.

If you extend these two programs out a bit, people won't need to keep a folder specificly for creating LVZs.

That would be ownage... noone has done it yet? icon_sad.gif
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yea. I imagine it would be cool.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samapico
No, these DO NOT look like penises, ok?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

excellent...
Quan Chi2
Member of "Sexy Teenagers that Code" Group
Member of

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Purge
Episode I > Eposide III
Jar-Jar is kool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What the hell is that.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It's a form created in VB, duh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 651 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.545621 seconds : 52 queries executed (79.5%): GZIP compression disabled