Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
how many repels does this Player have?

View previous topic  I need a complier... Post :: Post bot plugin  View next topic  
VampZ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: how many repels does this Player have? Reply to topic Reply with quote

p->repel seems to always be zero regardless of how many repels player p has icon_sad.gif What does this represent and what would I need to do to see how many repels Player p has?
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The bot needs to see the extra position data for that.
There is a server.ini setting that says if mod/smod/sysop can view it.
-"l33t h41ku"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
VampZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

in server.ini I have:

PositionDataAccess=2
//if 0, sysops see player stats in spec. If 1, smods/sysops can. If 2, then mod/smods/sysops can

the bot is an smod and p->repel is always 0 still

if this isn't the setting then what is the proper one? thx in advance
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I talked to Catid, because I tyhink this is a bug and he said "Maybe", so... maybe he has put up a fix already?
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Without looking at Catid's source, and going by how the packets work, you actually have to be specing near/on that person to get their extra information. So if your bot is just specing around A1, he'll never get anyone's extra info. If he sits at J10, he'll only get those that come by pretty close to it. Your best method would be every half a second or so, spec the next person in the list.
VampZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

is there a way of donig this with MERV bot and if so, how? thx in advance again.
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Catid's bot cycles all the players, so it should work... but I think it cycles too fast(I remember a 1-2 second delay till I got the special data, hmm?)
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The way it works packet wise: You request to spec on Bob. The server will now send you Bob's position packet (normal). You now send your own position packets where bob was at, and all of future bob's position packets will now have extra info while your near him.

Way i handled this in my own bot core: Every second, the bot checks all people that are currently in a ship, and checks a variable set to the last time you got extra info from a player. Whoever has the oldest time, i will now spec on them (unless already on them). So once i get their position info, he won't be the oldest info i have on people, so the next cycle of checking, i now will spec another person.
VampZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what code is required in merv to "spec" a player?
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ah, yes, so MERV is cycling too fast sa_tongue.gif
VampZ: It's somewhere in host.cpp, function should have a name with "spectate" something in it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 682 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.563902 seconds : 35 queries executed (78.1%): GZIP compression disabled