Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
invalid name

View previous topic  Player Position Detection Post :: Post MERVbot  View next topic  
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: invalid name Reply to topic Reply with quote

I setup a server on my machine, ran it, made a new player with Continuum. Then tried to connect with a bot thingy I'm having a go at. But I get this error on the server:
Code: Show/Hide
Mon Jan 20 20:55:47:  Ext: Player with invalid name tying to enter: K__2_!______
"yBlHE_____>__.____

Obviously that's not the name I registered with Continuum as above. I think I might be missing something, but I'm not quite sure what.

BTW: What's the difference between "Bookmark topic" and "Notify me when a reply is posted"?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

What bot core are you using, since this makes a huge difference in how to fix the problem.

Also, Notify me when a reply is posted = send you an email when someone replies. I'll change the text later after i get home from work. Bookmark just stores a history of topics you like, and may want to find again later. You can clikc the Bookmark button at the top of the screen to view all the topics you bookmarked before. I use it whenever i find a thread that has practical information i'll probably end up coping and pasting again later into someone else's question.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've attached the code as .txt since it is a bot I'm making.

error.txt - 2.93 KB
File downloaded or viewed 60 time(s)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Are you encrypting the packet correctly?
-"l33t h41ku"
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SOS wrote:
Are you encrypting the packet correctly?

What what? Hmm I'll have to work this out some how...~walks off shaking head saying "encryption, and in Java"~
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmm, a Java bot? Way cool! Will you be releasing it to the public?

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wait a bit, and soon all you have to do is open a TCP/IP connection to the server for a chat program/bot. Be much easier for things like Java. Till then, i recommend you playing around with someone else's bot, and learning new languages. After you learn one, its pretty simple to pick up on the next 27 languages, including things like Brainfuck.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Be much easier for things like Java.

Is that an insult?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
Is that an insult?

Yes :)

Anyways, Java can do this all, since Dock> did it after lots and lots of testing.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

The myth about Java's speed should have been long ago dispeled, but it continues to this day. Java is interpeted, meaning that it is not possible for it's speed to surpass the speed of a compiled language such as C++. However that does NOT mean that it is slow. Java's speed is acceptable for all but the most graphicly intense application (bots and severs do not fall into this category). And even this graphics limitation is not as much as it used to be, with the integration of DirectX and OpenGL into Java.

Yes, the Swing Set's UIs look bad, but they are desigend to look OK on all platforms, not to look great on some, and horrible on the rest of them. But that is not a big deal, as Java's primary function today is no longer in the world of applets and applications, but in the world of servers and databases.

Defender of peace and justice,
Dr Brain
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Wait a bit, and soon all you have to do is open a TCP/IP connection to the server for a chat program/bot. Be much easier for things like Java.

You mean no encryption? Or on a .dll or something (where is the dll that Coconut Emulator made with the encryption in it?). To me UDP in Java is dead easy, just 3 or 4 lines to send a packet to any address. (I haven't looked at the TCP/IP API's yet, but I think it's going to get complicated). The only thing with Java is that I haven't figured out callbacks, so my program is constantly checking for incoming packets and can't take user input :( Also it can't tell you how big the received packet is.

@Dr Brain
Don't get your hopes up, it can't read ACK'ed packets and bails on clusters.

@SOS
Do I encrypt the whole packet? Or just the name and password in the login packet?[/i]
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

All packets are fully encrypted, except the packet type (and the 0x00 for special packets).
Dustpuppy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Wait a bit, and soon all you have to do is open a TCP/IP connection to the server for a chat program/bot. Be much easier for things like Java. Till then, i recommend you playing around with someone else's bot, and learning new languages. After you learn one, its pretty simple to pick up on the next 27 languages, including things like Brainfuck.

Befunge > Brainfuck biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Bot Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 755 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.437782 seconds : 40 queries executed (92.7%): GZIP compression disabled