Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
conf cleaner (asss)

View previous topic  [TIA] Tiled Image Animator Post :: Post Glitch with Bak's java lvl/lvz editor...  View next topic  
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: conf cleaner (asss) Reply to topic Reply with quote

When you change settings in asss through the game it just appends them to the end of the conf file. This program will try and group all the settings into sections and discard old duplicates.

Since it is fairly dumb any preprocessor directives in your conf file may get screwed up.
Also I notice this program isn't case-insensitive, so any lazy people doing ?seta misc:sheepmessage=baah may find that it appears before [Misc] SheepMessage (so you need to go in and fix this yourself).
Ok so there are at least two glitches as mentioned above, but it will save you loads of time cleaning up your arena.conf's.

win/linux binaries

confclean-0.1.0.zip - 10.86 KB
File downloaded or viewed 34 time(s)
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

how about some source code to go with those binaries? we can't work on fixing those glitches without it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Always nice to know someone is at least trying to fix ones own problems.

Edit by CypherJF (by request): "there should be 'afree(map);' after line 106; I added prototypes in after uploading (good job I double checked)." - Smong

makefile + devcpp project

confclean-0.1.0-src.zip - 8.85 KB
File downloaded or viewed 34 time(s)
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if you check the util.c/h in cvs, you'll find a nifty LLSort function for sorting linked lists. it uses a merge sort. you might also want to use RemoveCRLF.

my best advice, though, would be to write this sort of thing in python. it's much much easier to use than C for string manipulation, has built-in dictionaries and lists, automatic memory management, etc.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I'll take a look at those two things you mentioned. As for the Python thing, I'm not sure if windows users will have it installed and I don't really know python.

I hoped you would be releasing a conf cleaning script at some point but I have been waiting a while so I wrote my own (I just spent about 5min looking for the thread where it was brought up before).
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

the next windows package will include python, so hopefully that's not an issue. i would like to try it myself at some point, but i'm not sure when that'll be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 637 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.500182 seconds : 33 queries executed (94.6%): GZIP compression disabled