Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Just Another ChatNet Client (JACC) (1.0 release)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  LVZ Suite (Project moved to another si... Post :: Post Continuum Zone Architect  View next topic  
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Just Another ChatNet Client (JACC) (1.0 release) This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Project has been moved over here, click here.

Just Another ChatNet Client
build: 1.0
download copy at the bottom of this topic.

if you have previously run this program it is highly recommended you delete your previous config.ini that resides in the program folder; as prior versions saved plain-text passwords.

if you have never run this program take time to read the little info section of this, post. the download link is located at the bottom. please note, users may find issues from time to time, so please make sure you come back every so often to make sure you have the most up to date version.

Latest Changes:
=======================
Last Updated: 10.16.2004 at 12:00am EST
- * Fixed: ChatNet Client ID per protocol 1.5
- * Fixed: ChatNet NOOP command per protocol 1.6
- * Fixed: Hidden password in log window.
- * Fixed: logging now adds the C2S :: responce.
- * Fixed: improper name switching with :: at the end of message.
- * Possible fix was introducted, for message in regards to invalid user?

Last Updated: 08.24.2004 at 3:15am EST
- * Added: Implemented ChatNet 1.5 commands.
- * Changed: Chat window should only scroll if the cursor is not set in it; in other words, the cursor shouldn't be blinking in the chat display area.
- * Added: Ping count from server.
- * Changed: zone listing window.
- * Changed: Password encryption.

Little Info
=======================
* This program is currently still in major development, check back often for updates!
* This program requires the following files: MS Visual Basic Runtime 6 files, MS Winsock control, MS Richtextbox control.
* This program will ping any SS server, however, you may only connect to those running the ASSS software.
* Place bong24.wa2 in the same folder as jacc.exe, to hear the sheep sound when you do ?sheep.
* This program will blink (when minimized) and do system beep when you receive a private message.
* ?reconnect
* Following: ?namelen,?log,?away,?quit,?ignore <name>,?hop #,?go are client-implemented commands and are all able to be used.
* ?hop # will let you switch servers without having to go back to the main screen.

Required Files
=======================
* Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Runtime Files
http://www.subspacedownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1060
* Microsoft Richtextbox Control
http://www.subspacedownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1061
* Microsoft Winsock Control
http://www.xerocreative.com/runtimes.html
^-- I have not confirmed whether or not this file is a valid winsock control.

** As with always, this program is a freeware program, which means I am not responcible for what may happen to your machine. Not like anything would, but there's the disclaimer. icon_smile.gif

Screenshots
=======================

Notes:
http://sscx.net/asss/simple-chat.txt

Screen Shot

ss6.png - 9.97 KB
File downloaded or viewed 638 time(s)

Screen Shot

ss5.png - 6.95 KB
File downloaded or viewed 641 time(s)

LU: 03:15am EST, 08.24.2004.
* Official 1.0 release.
[b]Majorly Outdated.[/b]

jacc-1.0-release.zip - 47.81 KB
File downloaded or viewed 59 time(s)

Last edited by CypherJF on Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 23 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
myke
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

yes cool beans i'm wearing a du rag
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Okay, myke pointed out to me that some people aren't switching freq's... :/ need to locate and fix.

Edit: Fixed.

I should also point out, if you use ?hop, you will login w/ the same username and password as the current zone you're in.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Someone please make a chat client under 50K! No VB, no activex, no java!!!!
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Why don't you then?

I should point out, the listbox-like control, is probably what comprised of much of the size; there are a few functions, etc. etc. that aren't in use, which are planned to be cleaned out; but I'm working on that... I don't see the size going down to 50k, just the icon alone added a slight portion of size..

Ending this conversation now, before it goes off topic.

I've been rewriting some of the code, etc. etc. because I logged into SSC too many times w/ an invalid password; go figure, right? So, I won't be able to test these edits completely until mornin; but.. they include a rewrite of the C2S, and RTF handlers. I've also added a ?clear command to, yes yes, clear the old text, haha.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

the original chatnet's jar is approx 50k... and 60k of that uncompressed is the source, which could easily be removed to lower the jar size significantly.

good work cypher
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

thanks, I'm not really aiming for the size, being most HD's can handle it regardless. The big reason, I made this, 1.) I was bored, 2.) I also got tired of launching Java, and 3.) ChatNet is good for what it is, but I like being able to switch between servers easily, and just some other minor things that bugged me. icon_smile.gif
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

yeah i hate it when i have to leave hyperspace to enter the other many asss zones... like asss test server... and asss test server (powerball)...

anyways enough off topic for me
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Ek: I already made a chat client under 50k, in fact, it's just under 30k, is a single executable file, and includes source code (well, it is just source code). IMHO, it's also the best available chat client for asss, since it includes features like logging, tabbed windows for separate chats, and customizable key bindings and colors, that no other client has. http://sscx.net/asss/ccc

Last edited by Grelminar on Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Updated, with a newer version. Keep the suggestion's and any bug reports comin. icon_smile.gif

I never claimed this to be the best by any means, and I would hope you being the programmer of the server, would have a lot better client; lol... but this works for me, and that's that. Just making ithis public release so people can use it, if they wish.

So grel, when's the new official compile of ASSS for window's comin'? icon_wink.gif
... pauses... o wait, no need to answer.. lol

Last edited by CypherJF on Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

oh, sorry, that post wasn't really clear; it was only meant in response to:

Mr Ekted wrote:
Someone please make a chat client under 50K! No VB, no activex, no java!!!!

i didn't mean to imply that i thought yours sucked, or anything like that.

oh, and as i've now started a real job, i have to be more careful prioritizing subspace stuff. at the top of my list now is implementing all the new lvl/region stuff that i wrote about. after that, maybe i can look into windows again.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

$ biggrin.gif
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
I should point out, the listbox-like control, is probably what comprised of much of the size;

Why did you use a LISTBOX-LIKE control with so much overhead, when you could a LISTBOX control for free? icon_surprised.gif
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Yeah a ghey one at that; VB's Listbox control does not support graphical icons (as I have now), and item color's.
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I thought VB used the same controls as the rest of us? Guess not.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Okay, enough updates for tonite, here is the last batch:

* Fixed: Player removal issue w/ player list.
* Added: support for CMD messages (they will appear italics)
* Change: Formatting on screen of Private message(s).
* Added: Colorized to be sent text

Please test it out; and let me know what you think... icon_smile.gif
-Smong-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I think you should mask out freq's higher than 99 to make it fair.

Although ccc has the most features, there is still a sort of issue with the modchat and messages generated by the server. Are a variable number of fields in a message type allowed? MSG:MOD:name:msg and MSG:MOD:msg for example.

As it turns out I just started trying to clone ccc in C. Here's a pic of me hax0ring the asss term from the clone term. I think I'll have to learn this C++ stuff to implement the tabs efficiently though.

Of course because ccc and this clone use ncurses it will not run on windows (unless you have cygwin).

chatdev.png - 2.42 KB
File downloaded or viewed 32 time(s)
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

* new release at midnight, see change-log for more details.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Oh, yeah, I forgot there's that lingering issue about mod chat. I think the easiest thing to do is to say the format of a mod chat message is "MSG:MOD:name:msg", and get rid of chat->SendModMessage. Or not get rid of it, but have it send those things in arena messages instead of mod messages. Or have it use a fake name field for them.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

-Smong- wrote:
As it turns out I just started trying to clone ccc in C.

Btw, can I ask why in the world you would want to do such a thing? It's there and it works. Use it, and if you want, extend it and send me a patch. But don't waste effort cloning it.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Here are a couple screen shots of what you can expect in the next release(s)...

- Added: Implemented ChatNet 1.5 commands.
- Added: Ping count from server.
- Changed: Chat window should only scroll if the cursor is at the last position of the textbox; and shouldn't scroll especially if you have highlighted text.

I'm not happy with the way it's being handled, with the scrolling issue; I'll be keeping that a priority over the next few revisions...

Also, I should note, the client default is now set for protocol 1.5 which will not be released until the new builds of ASSS come out for 1.3.0. However, there should be no need to use the 1.4 protocol setting; it's just an option that differentiates the login sequence (omit's client ID); and ignores the private macro command.

Screenshot 4

ss4.png - 7.51 KB
File downloaded or viewed 352 time(s)

Screenshot 3

ss3.png - 7.64 KB
File downloaded or viewed 352 time(s)
-Smong-

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

If you feel you really must have a ping in the zone selection window, then keep the ping blank and playercount 0 for unreachable servers.

Also I started cloning ccc because I was thinking some people might not have Python installed, like if they were trying out linux for the first time or something.
Grelminar
Creator of Asss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I was very careful to make the client version thing backwards compatible. There's no need to support more than one version at once, it just makes everything more confusing, and doesn't actually achieve any more compatibility. asss ignores unknown message types, so there's no problem sending an older version PUBM messages. Similarly, your client should pretty much ignore any messages it doesn't know about, optionally printing some debug information.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

True, but like I said right now it's just a switch for login auth cmd; optionally leaving out the new 1.5 client ID. I'm more or less going to simply just set them either to visible = false; or completely remove em.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

-Smong- wrote:
If you feel you really must have a ping in the zone selection window, then keep the ping blank and playercount 0 for unreachable servers.

I've changed this to have:
--- Zone Name 0

Type of format if a zone is offline.
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 651 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.461428 seconds : 52 queries executed (90.6%): GZIP compression disabled