Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
LVZ LVL RGN TILESET editor BETA! All in one!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic  Subspace Offline (AI) Post :: Post Quarks (multi-file editor) - Initial R...  View next topic  
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: LVZ LVL RGN TILESET editor BETA! All in one!!! Reply to topic Reply with quote

http://www.rshl.org/CLIT/

Continuum Lvl / Ini Tool helps combine the tasks that take the longest amount of time when making maps into a simple point and click interface. It is made by Bak and 2dragons.

It is in beta, so there are many features we've yet to add, but we believe it's at a point where it could prove useful to many people. Post any bugs on this thread.

Update in version 1-1-05:
Added eLVL region and ATTR tag support, sped up program while reducing memory usage, fixed the zooming "centering" bug, added square and squarefill tools. Fixed random bugs. Eliminated drawing scaled tiles at high zoom levels, user can now press "delete" to delete a selected map object. Will now remember position / size of window between sessions.

Update in version 8-6-04:
Region bugs found by Dr Brain have been fixed

Last edited by Bak on Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:04 pm, edited 8 times in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Interesting, I'll edit this post when I get a chance to fully test it out.. icon_smile.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

way cool, kudos
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Requirements: Windows, JRE. Huh?

Anyway, sweet, I'll comment more in a bit.
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You may think I'm nosey, but...

http://www.shorthanded.net/vampz/stop%20deleteing%20my%20folders/

Lol?

Nice work, though. icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

"Requirements: Windows, JRE. Huh?"

Answered in the FAQ. The lvz parts are a frontend for buildlevel.exe? I guess that means we need a port :P.

Oh and props on the naming scheme too. It fits right in with player-made software. :d

Tests:

works okay in Windows, though the scroll slowdown on max zoom is a little slow. Also works okay in linux. Except the Zoom icon is missing on my system (zoom works though). Probably need to find it on my end. I don't have another icon as well.

Performance, about the same on either system. As mentioned earlier, zooming out slows it down, which is kind of expected.

Memory usage:

linux:
Code: Show/Hide
PID %MEM  VIRT SWAP  RES CODE DATA  SHR nFLT nDRT S  PR  NI %CPU COMMAND
29891  6.6 34020    0  33m   28  33m  12m 2945 5444 S   9   0  0.0 java

windows: 30,492k :d

Also, CPU usage on windows jumps to ~100% when zoomed out and moving around. On linux ~60% system cpu on both cpus (p4 2.4ghz HT).

Personally, I like to paste at and move objects around zoomed out, then tile and make adjustments close in.
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Region stuff has a few bugs.

After Rectangle 10, they show up as Rectangle1, 2, etc.

And a width/height of 1024 isn't cut down to 1023, and therefore stores badly ("?a").

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i88gerbils wrote:
windows: 30,492k :d

Also, CPU usage on windows jumps to ~100% when zoomed out and moving around. On linux ~60% system cpu on both cpus (p4 2.4ghz HT).

That's what you get for using components and/or Java.

From first hand experience, I know that it is possible to have completely smooth scrolling on an SS map at any integral zoom (1:16 up to 4:1) even on a low end machine (P2 450MHz, Matrox) if coded properly.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I agree. SSME works great: 5% max cpu usage and 1/3 less memory usage.

Though, SWET only uses < 4mb, but you can't zoom.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you guys need a host for this, just give me an email, and I can throw up a *.minegoboom.com or *.shanky.com address for you, with a bunch of space and a lot of bandwidth.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i'm guessing the name of it is CLIT? icon_eek.gif
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sorry for the double post but perhaps on the ez part u could add angles? because its not to hard to do regular boxes with tiles but angles are pain in the butts because u have to use 3 tiles just to do a diaginal. (ie this shape \ or /) vampz would probably know what i mean the most... look at te wicked angles in hockey zone biggrin.gif.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Continuum doesn't support actual literal angular tiles...
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

angles where u have 3 tiles and u draw ur shape in them and leave the black area around ur diagonal line... the puck would just rebound off the walls either straight up or down instead of at an angle.
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ack since i cant edit my post let me try to expain a lil more....in fact let me just give you a picture of what i mean..this was taked out of a test arena but as u can see you have visual angles but in reality they are just boxed area's....but thats getting offtopic because all i wanted to see was if you woulc do it where when u drew the arrow diagonally it would implement the line your were looking for...

baseball.png - 4.94 KB
File downloaded or viewed 92 time(s)
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I didn't read your post and this is completely off-topic but please use PNG files for images for the web, BMP is way too big.
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

45 kb ain't that big. i would change i for you solo but the only program i have to do that is paint and right now it ain't saving it as a png for some stupid reason... if a mod wants to delete the pic fine by me i'll just repost it later when i dl jasc or sumthing but right now i don't have a conversion editor since hd was reformatted. i'm lost (but not like it was a long trip), which part was offtopic? ur post or mine? if it was mine i'm sorry but i was just tryin to point out the diagonal thing and once again i'm to dumb/stupid to find a program that will convert the bmp to png

edit:
ok i feel dumb... i realize it was me offtopic bc he wanted bugs posted not suggestions but meh...its 1230 at nite...i'm tired lol
Doggeti
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Isn't all this topic off-topic? This should be in Misc User Apps not in LVZ/LVL Questions forum.

Sorry if that post was off-topic tongue.gif
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ehm, how could I tell your post was off-topic if I didn't read your post? icon_confused.gif
I was talking about my own.

I didn't see it was only 48.55kB, of course I know that's small (meh, for this connection even a Gb is small sa_tongue.gif), I was just saying it ecause people don't like downloading big images which could be deflated by only saving them in another format.
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

nothing but love biggrin.gif

we were both off topic but oh well. currently that was the image i was working on eiditng and i didn't realize how i'd saved it till afterwords. heck the image ain't even mine to begin with but it was all i had for the example of the angles
Solo Ace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Do you worry so much about every issue of this size?
mobile eggroll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

not really. actually i feel quite dumb at this point in time, perhaps i need sleep

but mainly just wanted to see wat was thought of about diagonals in the tileset.
ok i've lost my mind, i'm goin to bed.
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Java isn't the best language for memory management. A simple frame with a button to close it takes 12 megs.

Another thing that probably uses a lot of memory is JAI which is used to open bitmaps (it adds 2 megs to the uncompressed download size).
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Size of the EXE is a distant 3rd place to size and speed of loaded program. Why not use LoadImage() which you get for free?
Bak
?ls -s
0 in

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

getImage() works on GIF, JPEG, and PNG formats. Unfortunately bitmap is too widely used in this instance to not support it. Java's answer to bitmap and other formats was JAI, which we use.

I think java didn't support bitmaps originally because they wanted to stay platform independent, and thought windows bitmaps were for windows only.

Edit: You say that you can have smooth scrolling on any integeral zoom level, but in Continuum with a screen full of tiles it doesn't scroll smoothly for all but the best video cards, much less zoomed out where there's more tiles to draw, or with lvz images all over the place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 689 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.423874 seconds : 52 queries executed (90.5%): GZIP compression disabled