Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Note: I will not read posts with subjects like 'help'
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic  What? Post :: Post Firefox 0.9.3  View next topic  
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:23 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Note: I will not read posts with subjects like 'help' Reply to topic Reply with quote

Help
Help me
Help me please
Question
Quick question

FOAD!
Solo Ace
Yeah, I'm in touch with reality...we correspond from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:26 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

HELP ME EKTED!!1
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Slowking Man
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:29 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does that mean you're not reading this topic, then?

Quote of the Week:
"It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness."
-Jewish saying
-Woody Allen
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wEaViL
Don't make me turn this forum around!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:38 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

so many smartasses.... look at it this way... most of us dont waste our times reading queastions that start with help.... so if you want your crap answered try using a title that tells up what the problem is.. Like Zone is red, or My ships wont move... and so on
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:44 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

weav wrote:
Zone is red

NOOO DON'T POST THAT ONE!
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
-Smong-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:35 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have to agree with Cyan here.
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Red zones have issues, that probably do need addressed.. icon_smile.gif

But I agree, when you have just a 4 letter subject line; obviously it's prob. 1) a guest 2) a guest's attempt at a zone... who doesn't search the forums b4 asking questions..

Granted, I'm sure I've double posted a topic; but... icon_smile.gif
Slowking Man
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:58 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CypherJF wrote:
People who post topics with titles like "Red zone" have issues that probably do need to be addressed by competent psychologists.. icon_smile.gif

It's better that way.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xudikkor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:20 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I think that instead of making an arrogant and disrespectful complaint, it would've been better to compose a post explaining what is the required proper form for submitting a post's subject from a user seeking troubleshooting assistance and why it is so.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:39 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If it is not obvious to someone what I mean, then they are beyond help.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

does anybody else think this thread has lasted much longer than it should have (which was already much longer than it should have [if you get me]) (this is a rhetorical question, dorks)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:25 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Does anyone else think SuSE is unqualified to measure anything?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:08 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

ahahh, Ekted thinks you cannot measure in pixels sa_tongue.gif

here's some fun for you...
"measure in pixels": 292 results
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22measure+in+pixels%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&start=10&sa=N
"cannot measure in pixels": 0 results
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&q=%22cannot+measure+in+pixels%22&btnG=Search

which of course is all academic because it's completely obvious you can measure in pixels, but whatever, live in your fantasy world and make puzzle games sa_tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:19 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You're still wrong, SuSE.

You can't weigh in CCs either.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:45 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: Note: I will not read posts with subjects like 'help' Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
Help
Help me
Help me please
Question
Quick question

FOAD!

Hey Mr. Ekted When guests come on these forums and the ask for help with there zone in anyway sometimes there names are 'HELP' Or 'HELP ME!!!' Will you read posts with guests names like help or something like that?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
You're still wrong, SuSE.

You can't weigh in CCs either.

No, I'm still obviously right.

Since this is trash talk I'd love to hear your thoughts, though, if only so I can keep myself occupied while typing up what will hopefully set you all straight. I'm so bored lately.
Mr Ekted
Movie Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:32 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

How tall are you in pixels?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:22 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
How tall are you in pixels?

I couldn't say.

How tall are you in:
  • liters
  • seconds
  • degrees
  • cubic feet
  • decibels
  • candela/m2
  • machs

Ya, that's what I thought. sa_tongue.gif
Xudikkor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:44 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mr Ekted wrote:
If it is not obvious to someone what I mean, then they are beyond help.

Unfortunately, not everyone are as intelligent and knowledgeable as you are that they can also be a telepathic mind reader.
And if you are unwilling to help because they are not as great as you are, where as the entire purpose of this place is for the likes of you to educate the less gifted, then what purpose do you serve in a place such as this - a help site?

I would also like to inform you that indeed I did understood what you meant.
However as it would seem, you either have some high standards thinking that everyone are like you (and were they, then they would obviously have no need to adress here seeking for resolutions) as suggested above and/or that it is you who has failed to grasp the meaning of my own text.

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]
Am I the only one who understands him? When helping multiple people, you don't always remember every little detail about their problem three days after you gave them some assistance. Thus, when a thread is....

That is precisely what should have been posted on the first place, instead of the initial innane dribble.
And, in addition, being put under a more proper title, the such as "How to name your help plea topic propery" or "Why not to post "I need help!" threads" and etc. and etc.

When you go about doing as you had, you not only have failed to achieve your purpose, you have infact counter-acted it.
Instead of listening to you, it would drive people away from it and you.
Xudikkor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:53 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE wrote:
[..]

I couldn't say.

How tall are you in:
  • liters
  • seconds
  • degrees
  • cubic feet
  • decibels
  • candela/m2
  • machs

Ya, that's what I thought. sa_tongue.gif

I quoted all, although I did not check all, however, from the looks of it they're all mathematical units and as such are workable via equasions and, if needed, logic tests.
Of course, it'll not be the measurement-unit alone, but...IMHO, it's all legal, in mathematical aspect speaking.

Also, Mach and Seconds are practically the same (formula of Length = Velocity * Time).

For example, to answear how tall am I in seconds, I would say that: I am # speed-factor per # seconds tall (IE. approach in a vector for # speed and then stop - you got my height's length).

I'm pretty certain that through triagonometry you can measure height using degrees as well.

Decibels would be somewhat tricky to get an angle on them, or degrees for that matter, but maybe the ever so meliorated Mr. Ekted can come to a solution.

And so on and so on.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:04 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

SuSE, none of those are measurements of distance.

You cannot measure distance in pixels. Pixels are a measure of "screen distance". You can convert screen distance to distance if AND ONLY IF you know the DPI of the monitor.

Just like you can convert CCs to grams if you know the density of the object.

You have to keep your units correct. Any decent science class will drill this into your head.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:41 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
SuSE, none of those are measurements of distance.

Well, that's good to know...but who mentioned distance? You can of course measure distance in pixels, but atm I'm merely saying you can measure in pixels.
Dr Brain wrote:
You cannot measure distance in pixels. Pixels are a measure of "screen distance".

Pixels are a measure of...distance. Good job smarty pants. sa_tongue.gif
Dr Brain wrote:
You can convert screen distance to distance if AND ONLY IF you know the DPI of the monitor.

I disagree, but it doesn't even matter, because noting the monitor's DPI (or whatever) is already acceptable.
Dr Brain wrote:
You have to keep your units correct.

No, I really don't. All I need to know (essentially, of course - I don't want to hear any bullshit about "OMFG You have to know how to comprehend the electrical signals your brain gets from your eyes, too!" - yes, you guys are being so ridiculous it doesn't seem weird adding that in) is the definition of 'measure' and 'pixel'.
Dr Brain wrote:
Any decent science class will drill this into your head.

Gee, a class that teaches you to be completely...(no kind way to put this, so I won't even bother) - I think I'll skip that. sa_tongue.gif

Last edited by SuSE on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:44 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You mentioned real distance when you "measured" a real CD in pixels.
Smithy101
Thing 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:52 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Is this gonna be a fight or is this post gonna be done and over with?
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:59 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
You mentioned real distance when you "measured" a real CD in pixels.

I may have said something like "you can measure distance in pixels" in chat, I don't remember. Not sure if it should've warranted another post, though, since I (and you, too, actually sa_tongue.gif) just said that distance can be measured in pixels.

Side: You seem to think I may have gotten out a ruler with one side marked "pixels", held it up to a CD and said "Yeeeeap, that thar CD is x pixels"; when actually I scanned a CD (at 300 dpi, I believe [not that it matters, I just figured given the ludicrousness of previous statements I may as well go ahead and mention it]) and then measured its dimensions in pixels whilst it was displayed upon my screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 708 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 1.240470 seconds : 50 queries executed (84.5%): GZIP compression disabled