Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ASSS Alpha/Beta

View previous topic  UCB Steroid Boost! squad war Post :: Post Just something amusing  View next topic  
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:50 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: ASSS Alpha/Beta Reply to topic Reply with quote

Subspace.net wrote:
Linux subgame Pre-Release
1stStrike | Thursday, January 9 2003

Grelminar has released the linux subgame for all to try out! It is the equivilent of an alpha release so there are still bugs, missing features, etc. but anybody that wants to run a linux server will be able to try this puppy out now. You can go to the forum thread here:

http://www.ssforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2145
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:10 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I've asked him if i could compiled and release a windows copy of it, so i'll wait for a reply, though it may be a bit. Otherwise, have fun with it if you have a linux machine.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:03 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yah, it works great, but very differently.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:06 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

If you have recommendations, post 'em. If you have problems, post 'em. Either i can maybe attempt a fix, or forward it over to Grel.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:21 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

A list of all of the modules with a discription.
Make Esc+C work (its every sysop's friend)
Make the command structure modular (if its not already) so that us old fashoned people can use our * commands.

Im sure I will think of more as I fiddle with it.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:58 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dr Brain wrote:
A list of all of the modules with a discription.

That should be in the help document.

Dr Brain wrote:
Make Esc+C work (its every sysop's friend)

Notice how the settings work? Its a bit hard to do that when the settings can be in 50 different files, though Grel did make a quick patch to support quick editing, though i don't know if its in his current release.

Dr Brain wrote:
Make the command structure modular (if its not already) so that us old fashoned people can use our * commands.

Already done. Also, did you try using a * command yet? The new server ignores the difference between ? or *'s. ?prize and *prize are the same thing. He just has them all labeled as being ? commands because it the standard he likes to go by. Thats why *arena was relabeled as ?a (since ?arena is already used).
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:21 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

In the help doc? Ok I will look better.

Yes, I did notice, and I see that it ends up as one file after all of the #includes.

Actually, now that you mention it, yah, I noticed the ? and * thing. Don't know why I posted it. Must be getting late. *goes off to bed*

NOTE: if this post makes 0 sence to me when I read it tomorrow, I will edit it after I have had more sleep.
divine.216

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:08 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Make an ASSS forum, or an ASSS group of forums? faq/config for now, dev/ideas ffr etc.
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:38 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Heh, go to Search and look at the hidden forums and you will see that they already exist.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:58 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They are the 'coding' forums, for the open-sourceness of the project to assist others in making things with it. I planned on ASSS replacing the old server when it came out, but grel wanted to release a preview of the server. I'm not sure if it is worth it to create a new forum for it, but i will. I'll see how it goes.

ASSS Questions

The forums under the coding section will remain empty until the project goes open source, since you can't ask questions about how parts of the code works until you see it.
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:02 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

?dropturret seems kewl icon_smile.gif
It is going to be improved in the future, right?
Mmm... damn, this server could be fun icon_smile.gif

A command to move balls too would be nice
A command to give/take points
-"l33t h41ku"
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:27 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what module is ?dropturret in? I couldn't figure it out...
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:11 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Dropturret is a command in autoturret (part of funky) that allows you to drop fake players where your currently at. It is currently setup to show how to create a fake player can be created, shoot, and disappear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 639 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.701397 seconds : 38 queries executed (77.0%): GZIP compression disabled