Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Greenland Lvz Editor

View previous topic  Map editor snags and snares Post :: Post One more ship rotator :D  View next topic  
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Greenland Lvz Editor Reply to topic Reply with quote

I noticed a new lvz editor on ssdownloads.com and I went to take a look
http://www.ssdownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1096

Ill try to make my criticism useful, so i wont mention that .net framework blows goats.

1. I should be able to open files inside the program, not have to close and then startup a new instance of it in order to load a file. Plus the FILE menu on the toolbar doesn’t work, so when did you plan on letting people save their work?
2. After i loaded the test map, the window-inside-window thing is just too difficult to manage. I had to grab the small window and drag it over just so that i could maximize it.
3. How is it that the radar isn’t square, last i checked maps are 1024x1024
4. the tileset is always the same size, no need to have a resizable window for them
5. placing the zoom tool over the map makes a big X sign, change that
6. rendering is slow, when I press zoom out, i have to run to my time machine and travel into the future
7. WTF are nodes, and they don’t do shit

I could type for hours but it would be pointless, i understand that the program is beta but maybe it should actually be able to do something before you release it. The tiling seems to work, along with the tools except the letters tool. I’m not sure if the author was racing to get the editor out before anyone else, but the product is just wasting hard drive space on my comp. I even managed to crash it, just click on the link to shanky.com in the about menu.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I believe this was not a full release? But rather showing how far he/she had gotten done; and suggestions people might have.
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

still you would think that it could actually do something. Its like designing a SS client but you cant get in the game.
btw, nice website
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

in all likelihood, bajan or testtube or some sillyhead just put it up on their own without craigg's knowledge

btw -> http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=2616

(that's the thread RIGHT below this one sa_tongue.gif )
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

biggrin.gif thats what I was thinking, they went through and grabbed files... but hey, that's alright :/ (in a certain aspect)

ty 50% biggrin.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

oh so ssdownloads just grabs files. my bad
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

probably - that's my motto anyways

"when in doubt, blame ssdl"
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They still havn't updated my lvztoolkit on their site yet. Not like its a critical update, but still.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
They still havn't updated my lvztoolkit on their site yet. Not like its a critical update, but still.

it's so annoying having to explain over and over to download from your site instead of ssdownloads
CypherJF
I gargle nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Submit the URL for downloading it... :/ I do it all the time tongue.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't really ever visit their site, or for that matter, almost any other Subspace site.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I was downloading some maps off of ssdl, and I got the pub map from Gundam Wing, although I don't think its up there anymore

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 668 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.596205 seconds : 37 queries executed (95.3%): GZIP compression disabled