Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Questions that need to be answered for LIE v1.4

View previous topic  lvz settin Post :: Post yet another question  View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Questions that need to be answered for LIE v1.4 Reply to topic Reply with quote

I got my own lvz-compiler almost ready... (It's already able to add files into a lvz!)

So, i need some questions to be answered:

What file types are allowed or not allowed in a lvz file?
I found a bug in LIE, i need to know if its just me or if every1 has this prob: Select an IMAGE in the Combobox which can not be previewed by LIE (Preview button is disabled) Now click the disabled preview button... Usually nothing should happen, but for some reason it closes the opened ini.
Quote:

i1 Map Object - A bool-like value. If true, this is a Map Object. If false, then is a Screen Object.
i15 Object ID - The value for this object id, for use with *objon for example.
i16 X Coord - The X coord value, in pixels, this object will be displayed on. More info later.
i16 Y Coord - The Y coord value, in pixels.
i8 Image Number - Which of the Image Definitions this object will use for its graphic.
i8 Layer - Which layer it will be displayed on. Values for this later,
i12 Display Time - How long will display for, in 1/10th of a second.
i4 Display Mode - Which display mode this object uses. Values later.

As i'm not able to define an integer with 1 byte, i usually simply cut the last 3 bytes of a 4byte integer. So this wohle objects session is 10 bytes long, if i do like b4, it would be 12 bytes... And so my question is:
Can i put the i1 and the i15 together to one i16 and so on? Then 10 bytes would fit...

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole....
k0zy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: oops... Reply to topic Reply with quote

forgot to enter my name icon_smile.gif

Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Happens to me too. But I can click on a part of the window where there is nothing, and have it close.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
k0zy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Strange...
I'll have a look...
I have no idea what this is...

k0zy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

LOL

that was ez...
i found it out.

icon_smile.gif

expect this to be fixed in next release...
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thanks! I love the easy problems.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

3) The 1 is really just the last bit of a 16-bit integer, yes. The 15 one is the remaining 15. Should be pretty obvious.
-"l33t h41ku"

Last edited by SOS on Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
SOS
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

1) There doesn't seem to be any file type blocking in the LVZ creation programs. Probably Continuum just won't extract the disallowed files types
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Please note that when the client downloads a bunch of different LVZ's, only ONE can have the Obj data in it. All others can have any number of files in it, but no two can have obj data in it (yet). So make sure if your lvz maker doesn't create an empty object data in there if it doesn't have any, otherwise you'll cause problems.
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

use makelevel if you can, sometimes it bugs out, when that happens, use buildlevel and if they both bug out...well make your own =P
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Akai wrote:
sometimes it bugs out

If it ever "bugs out", email me the .lvz it made, or if it didn't make a lvz, email me the ini and the output it gave you. Also, about a couple of months ago, i did update a problem it had with some Win95/98 computers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 675 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.483115 seconds : 36 queries executed (93.8%): GZIP compression disabled