Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Lvzformat.txt

View previous topic  How do i change bmp to bm2? Post :: Post lvz settin  View next topic  
k0zy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Lvzformat.txt Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
The first 8 bytes of every .lvz file:
4-len str Type - Should always be 'CONT'. This varifies you have a .lvz. If not, don't continue on. This string is not NULL ended.
i32 Count - How many compressed sections are in this .lvz.

What is i32?
An integer? If so, y dont i c the integer in the lvz when i open it in the notepad... let me guess... cuz its not a string?
What exactly does the 32 mean?

What is a NULL ended string?
What is a not NULL endet string?

Quote:
i32 File Time - This can either be a file time, if this compressed section is a file, or it could be 0. If 0, then is a special compressed section. The file time is the standard time_t format used by windows/unix.

hu???
How does time_t look like at all?

Quote:
i32 Compressed Size - The size of the compressed data in the .lvz. This is how many bytes you'll need to read to get your required data.
Null-end str File Name - This string is always null ended. If no file time, the File Name should be blank (just the 0x00), but do not always count on it.

What does 0x00 mean?
And again that Null-end string...

And some examples would be nice and helpfull icon_smile.gif
thx
PS: I use delphi, might be good to know, as u don't need to hammer me with c++ stuff, explanaitons in general would be nice.

At least i found out how to compress and decompress for myself. icon_biggrin.gif

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole....[/quote][/b]
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Lvzformat.txt Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole.... wrote:
What is i32?

i32 is a way of writting down a 32bit unsigned interger. In C, that means 'int'.

An integer? If so, y dont i c the integer in the lvz when i open it in the notepad... let me guess... cuz its not a string?

Its stored directly as it is in memory, as four bytes, instead of outputed as a string. This keeps the filesize smaller, and it is easier to read (machine wise).

What exactly does the 32 mean?

The 32 bits (4 bytes long; 8 bits = 1 byte). Some other standard ones are u32 (unsigned int), i16 (short), u8 (unsigned char).

What is a NULL ended string?

A string is stored with each character as one byte. When the computer works with this string, it needs to know when it ends. The NULL ending means 0. So in a computer, a string of say "hi" would be:
Code: Show/Hide
h   i
104 105 0

What is a not NULL endet string?

The only times a not null ended string happens is if the string is always a certain length (like the CONT at the being, though you can read that in as a 32bit interger), or if the string length is given before you read it in.

Quote:
i32 File Time - This can either be a file time, if this compressed section is a file, or it could be 0. If 0, then is a special compressed section. The file time is the standard time_t format used by windows/unix.

hu???
How does time_t look like at all?

This will be hard to explain since i never worked with Delphi before.

Quote:
i32 Compressed Size - The size of the compressed data in the .lvz. This is how many bytes you'll need to read to get your required data.
Null-end str File Name - This string is always null ended. If no file time, the File Name should be blank (just the 0x00), but do not always count on it.

What does 0x00 mean?
And again that Null-end string...

Correct, 0x00 is the hexidecimal way of writing 0. In the example before of 'hi', it could be written as 0x68 0x69 0x00. What that means is the file name is still readable as a string safely. Again, hard to explain since i never worked with Delphi before.

And some examples would be nice and helpfull :)
thx
PS: I use delphi, might be good to know, as u don't need to hammer me with c++ stuff, explanaitons in general would be nice.

At least i found out how to compress and decompress for myself. :-D

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole....

Thats good that you could compress/decompress correctly, since i would be even more lost trying to get you to use zlib. Sorry i can't help explain it more, since i've never work with Delphi before.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
k0zy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

THX!

k0zy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I figured time_t out... its unix time...
i32 is a normal integer in delphi
And I can compress/decompress...

So, the next thing to figure out would be streams (shouldnt be that hard)
And then i'm ready to go icon_smile.gif

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> LVZ/LVL Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 633 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.672783 seconds : 29 queries executed (80.0%): GZIP compression disabled