Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Going on vacation

Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Printable version
 View previous topic  Somethings up with my host Post :: Post SubSpace 2?... (dont get too excited)  View next topic  
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Going on vacation This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

I'll be going on vacation till Sundary, March 14, 2004. As to where, you'll find out probably Monday or Tuesday on Shanky's front page when we get back.

I've almost finish setting up the archive board, which will include me upgrading this forum to the newest version. As I'm one to install weird ass mods all the time, I had to restart the whole process again, manually. But one of the new mods that will be in effect is a simple FAQ editor for phpbb. You know, that "FAQ" link at the top that no one would read? Well, I could setup it so my staff could easily add new things in there, and I can make my own mod so each forum could have a stuck thread linking to its section of the FAQ.

While I'm gone, it would be very nice if some of you people would update the Server Help FAQs, as a lot of things have changed since then. And a bunch of those FAQs can easily be removed (such as a lot of the subgame2 stuff). So, I'd like to start fresh.

If you would want to contribute to the FAQs, please respond to this thread. ONLY respond if you are posting an FAQ! If you want to say something about me being on vacation, post in the Trash Talk forums. If you post a responce to this thread with a non-FAQ message, Gravitron would like to have a word with you. He can make a list of people, and when I get back, I can 'adjust' some people's custom titles.

Anyways, as to how to write/update an FAQ. The FAQ section will be done in HTML, not bbcode things. So you'd use <a href=blah> not [url=blah] for links, but if you want to use the bbcode here so it looks nice, thats fine. It would need a question, and if you know of a good category it would fit in (such as ASSS, Compiling, Server.cfg, Subbill, etc), post a suggestion for it. You can make up new categories, or just use the forums' names or old FAQ categories for suggestions.

An example of an updated FAQ, and how an FAQ should be formated:
Category: Commands.hlp
Question: How are the different %'s in the commands.hlp file?
Answer:
Quote:
Each %X inside of the commands.hlp file tells Continuum which formatting or color to pick from when it will display in game. A list of all possible %X formatting and what they do are as follows:

<table border=0 cellspacing=2 cellpadding=2>
<tr><td>#</td><td>A line beginning with # is treated as new page. The text that follows will be the header of the new page.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%p</td><td>This is for offsetting a new paragraph. Allows you to split up a page into different sections nicely.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%W</td><td>All text that follows will be the standard grey color.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%Y</td><td>All text that follows will be yellow, team chat color.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%G</td><td>All text that follows will be green, private message color.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%B</td><td>All text that follows will be blue, public chat color.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%b</td><td>All text that follows will be dark red, chat channel color.</td></tr>
<tr><td>%p</td><td>All text that follows will be pink.</td></tr>
</table>

An example usage of this would be as follows:
<pre>%G!help%W Ask bot for help
%G!view %YNAME%W View stats about %YNAME%W</pre>
This will display as:
<pre><font color=green>!help</font> Ask bot for help
<font color=green>!view </font><font color=yellow>NAME</font> View stats about <font color=yellow>NAME</font></pre>

CyhperJF has made a program called <a href="http://www.subspacenetwork.com/f1editor/">Continuum F1 Editor</a> in which you can edit your commands.hlp file in a graphical interface. This program is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor.

Please only reply to this thread if you are posting a suggested FAQ.
All other replies should go into the Trash Talk forums.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Category: Biller
Question: Why won't my server connect to the biller? (Why does a message pop up that says 'Player Database Offline'?)
Answer: In your server.ini, make sure that Billing:IP=localhost. If it is set so and still fails, try running Cyan~Fire's INI Checker.

Category: Login Problems
Question: Why is my zone name red on the zone list?
Answer: Check out wEaViL's router post.

Those were easy ones icon_biggrin.gif

PS: d_m, you should've paid attention to the message in bright red blod shiny letters. Now Grav's gonna have a 'nice' little word with you. :-S
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

Category: Biller.
Question: What is a billing server?
Question: Why do I need a billing server?
Question: Do I have to run my own billing server?
Question: Can I make my own billing server?
Question: Why is it called a "billing" server?

Category: Hosting
Question: Whats the diference between Subgame2 and ASSS?
etc along said lines. Ill write them up if they are of sufficient quality.

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies Reply with quote

wEaViL wrote:
Category: Biller (SOS/Catid)
Question: When any player leaves the biller says 'Player leaving<NO SCORE> username'. And when you reenter the arena it has you at a 0 score again.
Answer: change the biller ip to localhost
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked you cannot edit posts or make replies    Server Help Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: