Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
.CFG or was it .CGF settings of main arena same as sub

View previous topic  Arena owner Post :: Post Cant connect to billing server?  View next topic  
Lumenesc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: .CFG or was it .CGF settings of main arena same as sub Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ok i was lookin all over here and it kept talkin about the cfg or was it cgf... Well i dont know what that is. When i first started my zone i went and put up a subzone and did all these setting to find out my settings went for everywhere. Ive been tryin al sorts of things :/ Could someone tell me how to get the settings the same for my main default arena and all the other arenas? Oh and dont tell me to change the cgf or cfg thats where i am lol tell me a bit more pleaase. Also if it is changing something how do i change it it seems i cant ake something go back to empty..... :/ TY IF YOU HELP icon_smile.gif icon_confused.gif
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There is a file called spawn.cfg. this contains the deafult settings for the subarenas. you can simply copy server.cfg to spawn.cfg to make the subarenas have the same settings as the main.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lumenesc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:15 pm    Post subject: Umm Reply to topic Reply with quote

where are these cfg icon_smile.gif
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

They are on the server for your zone. If it's your personal server, then it's in the directory you unzipped server.zip into.

Anyways, sounds like you have your new sets in spawn.cfg...so what you want to do I think is grab a copy of spawn.cfg and save it as server.cfg, then upload the new server.cfg . If you have sysop powers just type "*getfile spawn.cfg" then make a copy of it and change the name to "server.cfg" (or open it up and save as "server.cfg") then "*putfile server.cfg" which will overwrite the existing server.cfg with your new .cfg (if you want to keep the settings you have in your public arena [server.cfg] right now, then make a copy of it and rename BEFORE you upload the new server.cfg).

If you don't have sysop powers, then get a sysop to do all that for you (or whatever). Is this a zone that's online right now? What zone?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Lumenesc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Yes it is up Reply to topic Reply with quote

Its called Mystic Kingdom-----Its still very early in development
Lumenesc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Ty Ty Reply to topic Reply with quote

TY biggrin.gif IT WORKED just now im in another problem how do i create new cfgs? Like for subarenas
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

same as the main server.cfg. just call it a different name. i.e. for subarena "soccer" your settings would reside in soccer.cfg and the map must be called soccer.lvl. If you don't specify a map, the default will be used. You can make subarenas without any .cfg's of their own use spawn.cfg instead of creating their own by setting ArenaMode=5 in server.ini. Now you can go into your subarenas (make sure you type it correctly or you'll edit spawn.cfg!) and press esc-c after logging in as sysop to make changes.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Lumenesc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: Oh ok Reply to topic Reply with quote

Thankyou icon_smile.gif
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

sure

grav_flamethrower.gif

man, these are too fun
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 680 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.440763 seconds : 34 queries executed (94.0%): GZIP compression disabled