Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Titles in console windows

View previous topic  languages Post :: Post WYSIWYG F1 Editor (v. 1.1)  View next topic  
Diediedie!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Titles in console windows Reply to topic Reply with quote

How do I do it? I've seen it in Mervbot. I want something other than the address of the file in the title bar
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

dispite the point that this is in the wrong forum (should be in Bot Questions) the answer is simple, its soo easy that anyone who would have read the mervbot.ini would have found it!

open mervbot.ini and then
Code: Show/Hide
[Misc]
WindowCaption=**the name of the window**

View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

He means in any C++ program.

Well here's my modified way of how Catid did it. It's pretty complex, actually.
char fileName[532];
Sint32 len = GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle(NULL), fileName, 532);
SetWindowText(FindWindow(NULL, fileName), title)

As I don't feel like explaining all this, look all the functions up in the Windows SDK docs. This method requires windows.h (and, of course, Windows itself).
Dunno how to do it on another OS. icon_razz.gif
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Diediedie!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Complex is an understatement icon_redface.gif
Fuzzjdc
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

he saw that mervbot did it. so i told him how you do it in mervbot. sheez
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, you told him how to set the caption of the MERVBot window. But that will surprisingly enough only work in MERVBot. He wanted the code behind it so he could make his own program that does the same thing.

Diediedie: I'd recommend just sticking with the default title for now icon_wink.gif
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
Uio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

*Smacks Windows* Got a good point, I think I'll do that =x.

<-- Diediedie!
0 1

Owner of SSE Exiled
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I forget how to do it in the Client window, it was one of those little tips that pops up when the thing starts
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

There's an easier way to do it in MFC. But I don't know it. icon_razz.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Well, I know the DOS command that does this: title. So if you really want, you could do system("title New window title here");.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Uio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hmmmm, should I use Cyan's uber-complex way, or just a simple system command? Boy that sure is a tough one icon_rolleyes.gif. Thanks, mgb.
Smong
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

D1st0rt wrote:
I forget how to do it in the Client window, it was one of those little tips that pops up when the thing starts

I beleive that was title.dat, however the version number in the title bar cannot be changed.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website MSN Messenger
Versetti
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

there is really a very very simple but I think it is a cheap way too do it but for those that want too it is a basic MS-Dos command. but this method only works in Consle apps in C++.

#include <stdlib.h> //Include this file for the system(); funcation

void main()
{
char Titlename[32];
strncpy(Titlename,"tilte ",32); //this adds "title " to the char
strcat(Titlename,"Title Here");  //now it adds the rest so it looks like:
//"title Title Here"
system(Titlename);
}

thats the cheap way but it works as long Windows got the title.exe I think it is or something like it in the ms-dos commands.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Versetti
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

O Yea I remembered my other code that works also let me just show it too you real fast:
#include <windows.h>//I want too say it is this include but I have a
//feeling it is not try it and see if it works

void main(){
SetConsoleTitle("Put the title here!!!!");
}

hope those two replays help you out.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_eek.gif Dude that SetConsoleTitle() rocks. *bows*
D1st0rt
Miss Directed Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

$$
Versetti
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

icon_biggrin.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 661 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.569301 seconds : 42 queries executed (81.0%): GZIP compression disabled