Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
languages

View previous topic  Java map editor???? Post :: Post Titles in console windows  View next topic  
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: languages Reply to topic Reply with quote

how to make a subspace map-editor or a skin-editor?
with c? c++? visual-basic?

thanks,
~pixel
Dr Brain
Flip-flopping like a wind surfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes.

But I think you are posting in the wrong forum.

Smong> so long as 99% deaths feel lame it will always be hyperspace to me
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

what do you mean with "yes"?

oh... sorry
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yes, as in all of those will work.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

thanks, and what's the easiest? are there any other languages, with which you can make some editors?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Dustpuppy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

You can make an editor in any language you like. Code it in BrainFu*ck if you want, but you might have some difficulty. If you know a language, use that. If not, VB is probably the easiest to learn.
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i know PHP :\ but i can't make a great editor with that... oh... maybe i can... an online-settings-editor or something like that. but then i need webspace with php. oh, i have one.

hmm but i don't want to make a settings-editor.
ok then i will learn visual basic.

thanks!
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lol PHP SSME. What fun.
Do VB, that'll be best.
But why do you want to make another Map Editor?
This help is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risk of use. Cyan~Fire assumes no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.
Wise men STILL seek Him.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

damn now i need visual studios :/
erm... i don't want to make just a map editor, i want to make some other editors too icon_smile.gif
but i want to make one, because i only know SSME and CLE, and they both are so... erm... not bad, but i don't like it, and i want to make one, where you can add gifs and so on, and which makes some lvz-files... (and many other things)
i hate my english, but i hope you understood what i mean

edit: ok, i will have visual studios in 2 hours, anyone here who could give me some great tutorials please? icon_smile.gif thanks
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

don't discourage him, sheesh

SOS seems to be on hiatus
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

i bid you good luck, but you'll still never finish
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Lol and you think I'm discouraging.
Actually, an upgrade to SSME would be useful. Especially if it had some FACTS functions built in. That would be yummy.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website
ExplodyThingy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Go ahead Cyan.

And why not make it? I made a bot, even though there are numerous ones, all of wich about to be rendered obsolete.

Dr Brain> I hate clean air and clean water. I'm a member of Evil Conservitive Industries
pixelsoft
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

EXPLBot? oh... i thought it's just a plugin for MERVBot biggrin.gif but the readme.txt sucks :/
k0zy
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

if you know php you should leran c++
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole.... wrote:
if you know php you should leran c++
if you intend to do any programming... you should learn c++
Goldeye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

CLE is open sourced now. www.subspacedownloads.com. Would be best to find someone who understands lvz to add on lvz to it.. Though I've heard it has some lvz in it already?
Btw I'll Register tomorrow icon_smile.gif
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Isn't it written in Delphi? Kind of a pain learning Delphi for one app...
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Quote:
***** ReadMeFirst.rtf *****
Misc Information about this package:

Continuum Level Editor was coded and designed by Cuervo Muerte and Heart Break Kid. We used Borland Delphi 6.0 to build CLE.
nintendo64
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

It was compiled in Delphi 6.0, the language used is Object Pascal which is very easy to read and comprehend depending on the programmer skills, i read CLE and it's pretty much understandable except for VCL commands that you'll probably won't understand (don't worry there are little of them).

-nintendo64
stuperfied
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I have learned a passing knowledge of C++ and im about to become a lot better aquainted with it but before I get too attatched can someone reasure me that I am going to be able to learn hot to write programs that will run in windows? as in - in a window and not in dos window or on web site.
50% Packetloss
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

First you would need to know C++ then you would need to learn Visual C++, which is more to learn but mircrosoft has made files to help you in the process called MFC. So if you picked up a book on writing windows programs in C++ then you would probably get something that is entirly about MFC. Then if you wanted to get into graphics, you would need to learn directx or openGL. Programming isnt for everyone and you should take a class and see if you like it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email AIM Address
Cyan~Fire
I'll count you!
I'll count you!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I don't recommend programming classes. Usually everybody in the class is slow and you get nowhere.
I have learned C++ totally by on-line tutorials (www.cpluscplus.com) and reading others' code. My friend, however took a semester course in C++. The day I started learning it, I made a comment to my friend about arrays and he asked "What's an array?" icon_lol.gif

But I definitely would recommend learning C++ in whatever way you can. It makes life easier when you can write programs that do menial work. icon_smile.gif
Dr Brain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

I took a few programming classes, and I must say that they helped me immensly. Now, I DID skip the basic intro to programming class where all the morons are weeded out. It was in my classes that I learned about polymorphism and inheratance, things I can't live without now that I know them.

Another plus on classes is that (if you have a decent teacher) your instructor will catch you if you start doing bad coding habbits and you always have someone to ask if the search engine isn't helping.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Sadly, I started to learn C programming back when bots were brand new. Ghost Ship had the source to their Pro League dueling bots, and I offered to help, as I had an idea for an online, instantly updated stats site. So, I learned C for about 3 months by hand, from what little I knew from Perl and what the compiler said didn't work. In about a months time, I had stats.shanky.com up and running, which had live stats, including live chat logs. Worked pretty good. But, this was before I knew of SQL, and thus I sent every update via HTTP GET method. That lagged up pretty badly once it got to game-time. I'm sure some Pro players still remember my Recordbots back in the good old days.

MSDN CDs are what have helped me the most. Browse over some open source projects, such as Mozilla/Firebird, GAIM, Miranda, etc, to get an understanding how some things work. Then, look up what you don't know, and learn how it is used.

So far, every programming course I've taken in college (second year) I've sort of taught the class. Amusing when the teacher asks me the questions. But, before I go around boasting, my code does still suck, as I've never learned it properly. It works (most of the time), but looks ugly (Ekted will back me up on the ugly part.) That, and the teacher was around when Fortran was brand new.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 673 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.502690 seconds : 50 queries executed (91.4%): GZIP compression disabled