Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
Spreading the news...

View previous topic  Logitech Free Stuff Post :: Post linux server...  View next topic  
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:15 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Spreading the news... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Some essays written by my number one arch-enemy (don't know why still) Zippydan can be read at http://www.ssforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1517. I try to be as unbias as i can, if you need any more light shed on it, feel free to ask. Now to get back to me hacking servers constantly, i think...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email
reel bad
Seasoned Helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:51 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: Spreading the news... Reply to topic Reply with quote

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
number one arch-enemy

sa_confused.gif
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:53 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Means that for some reason, he hated me before i even knew who he was. Have you never read comics? Enemies fight the good guys, sometimes for no reason at all other than a fight in itself.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 11:57 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Wow, I've never seen Zippy write so well in all the time I have been reading posts. Haven't finished reading yet though...

... I was thinking that one day I was going to get news about the Council. I was hoping for it too!

... good critical thoughts. Though I would say there are a couple of paths that the community can take if the community or members of the community choose to do so.
MnM{333}
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:57 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: hehe Reply to topic Reply with quote

Zippy seems like a grudging bastard as far as I know... he like didn't want to go in #subspace on irc cuz catid wasn't banned... pff yah... ooooo....
really if he wants to ban him that's his decision quite frankly I don't see why... :)
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
MnM{333}
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:16 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: wtf Reply to topic Reply with quote

gawd... he reaaaaally does hate you...
I guess he' mad cuz he never got praised for hmmm helping the SS community with server help? And what about making bots? noooo he prolly gets em made... screw that... and man... he must be some kind of homophobe to keep on refering to ppl as fag and sucking dick to lessen them...
Pfff like last nite while I was waiting in line for LotR there was like 5 of em behind me... I didn't fucking care... it's their decision to do whatever they want... all they were doing was messing around on a vaio... talking and uh... that's about it...
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email MSN Messenger
MnM{333}
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:27 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: ooooh crap Reply to topic Reply with quote

He's really got issues :)
MnM{333}
Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:31 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: and Reply to topic Reply with quote

Yah... so what if some1 gets BanG even tho he doesn't own a zone... so what if they're SSCouncil... They can still be qualified... like he said SSCouncil does nothing eh? so why should he care... Billing Ops... well I kinda think that every sysop should at least get some kind of rights... even if it's lower level they can still use that...

He seems to be a power hungry jealous homophobe :)
SuSE
Me measures good

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:43 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

don't be an assuming dweeb
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website
Helicon
Server Help Squatter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:36 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: death Reply to topic Reply with quote

subspace dies and chokes as we speak... we've hundreds who want "reform" and they want to be "at the front"... and theres not a damn thing they can do.the current system is shit, and we did it... its all our fault,... is this a game or a country? None of us really believes this will last much longer... we dont even have 3d graphics in this thing, wouldnt someone rather pay $20 for another game without the shit?... SS, continuum, the whole thing will die... what matters is what we get out of it until then...

i sincerely believe that "revolution" as it has been dubbed, is the only force that can correct the current issues, but continuum, i fear, will not survive the change....

we are riding a runaway rocket... the onnly question is when all of us will feel that it is time to jump ship... until then we can steer and toss, but we are eventually going to hit the wall

EDIT:
i keep reading and im getting pissed.
if im a newbie and i wanna play six million arenas why the hell shouldn't I? those zones have become everything FOR A GOOD REASON. they are superior to the "my own zone" type that is everywhere else. it is not the players responsibility to improve subspace politics, they dont even know who Priitk IS. in subspace someone can have there own zone, but in the "old days" there were central zones, not all these side projects. what needs to happen is a mass server, thats how i see it. but who makes the decisions... i wouldnt trust another human being for that.
i88gerbils
Oldbie Server Help

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:48 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Power. Reply to topic Reply with quote

The biggest, and possibly the only power that a zone/community really has is this: to change billing or game servers. Depending on the zone it can be shared between sysop, staff, and players.

That's basically it.
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Send email Visit posters website Yahoo Messenger
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:10 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

MG, he has some very disturbing points.
Why indeed do you have billing access?

And personally, I would like to know why SCF West went off and I can't seem to find it anymore?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 2:13 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Gravitron wrote:
Why indeed do you have billing access?

Way back when, i received billing access from BD Vine for two reasons.

I was always online and played many zones. Very few people knew how to properly use bang, or very few people have L1 bang. If someone cheated, and were found, they could easily leave the zone, and you couldn't ban them (now you can with the history-banning feature, but only for so long). This allowed zone moderators or sysops or such to ask me for their information about that name (ip/id/etc) so they could ban them. Or a lower level bang person could request of me to extend the bang to network since there were very few L1 ops around at that time (now it seems as if everyone has it). This reason has started to fade away, yes i admit that.

Second reason was that since i was well know with almost every zone's operators and staff, i was able to assist people in getting previous names they have lost or was stolen without being known. Say Pointman received a request from someone who said their league name was stolen or lost their password. He would get a bit of information from the player, and forward it over to me. I'd check the information and other things out to see if it was true. If it was, i'd reset the password back to something, and email the user that his password was reset to something new. I still do this every so often for users, but very rarely upon direct request from a random player.

What people don't know about billing ops is that they do have different classes of levels, such as a bang has L4 - L1. I did not want all the access that a billing op can have, so i only got what i needed at the time, and have slowly given up things that i don't need anymore since the times have changed. Platinum-Halo is another well known billing op that zippydan hates, and he too only has a very limited billing op access. Does it mean he can enter any zone and instantly take it over? No. Does it mean he can pretty much only assist people in recoving names and squads? Yes. The only thing ZippyDan could fear from plat or myself is they we would reset his name's password (no, we cannot see them, just reset), but that would prove to him that we are evil. And to my knowledge, i have yet to see an email be sent from zippydan to the council stating that we stole his squad/name by changing his password or deleting his name.

Gravitron wrote:
And personally, I would like to know why SCF West went off and I can't seem to find it anymore?

SCF West went offline when ZippyDan went on his previous rampage against myself and/or platinum-halo. I believe Ekted went on to help him since it was made known to him that i was able to access his bot's main exe files. At some point, i believe one of them or both requested to xalimar or yarekim, at which point they took down the zone. It wasn't too big of a lose, since what it was used for now-a-days was to test priitk's newest servers before they were released publicly and to other zones. Also every now and then, another person tried to save the zone, which never worked for very long since the downfall of Saturday Night Slayfest. It also hosted plenty of lesser known zones that wished to get a start on a SSC billing, but no one was able to host it for them. That failed also, since now every zone has every other zone hosted in their subarenas it seems like. So it was about time that SCF died, so it did. I do have all 500+ different subarena setting and maps stored though, and it is fun every so often to try some of them out.
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:00 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Ya also got some of my lousy zones there I belive haha.

I am aware of the different levels, I took the time long ago to study the commands list.
I just don't bother myself with banG continuedshit and anything pricktech related (I dun use kazza, I use kazza lite "the way peer2peer should be").
When I say biller op I reffer to those of lvl1-0 access.
And I'm still wondering how mikethenose got that high access all those years ago.
You said it yourself that plat shouldn't be billing op (or so I think I recall) and ya tagged him as speccing losers, saying he got that position because he's just specing all the time, even ya were somewhat joking about it (though sadly, it's true, in SS every 10 year old whose only life is to stay logged 24/7 can suck up onto sysop).
Now I find out that yr actually VERY close friends and y've been backing him up for a long time...
In addition, what about the claims of you being an amatuer programmer (maybe I gave too much credit onto you?) and on the other side, hacking other ppl's "property" (so to speak)?
View users profile Send private message Add User to Ignore List Visit posters website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Newbie programmer? Sure, at the times of some of those logs. Read this. SS was my first coding experiance with C, and still is about it.

Billing op is different than bang. BanG = banning people, about it. You use ?blogin. Billing op uses ?login. Much different commands, and arn't public for safety reasons.

Mikethenose: I wouldn't know if he is a L1 bang or a billing op. Never needed to know. I seriously doubt he is a L0 op, but he could be a L1 network op.

Plat and i as friends: Sure, i make fun of my friends all the time. I've actually visited him in real life (one of the few people from SS i have that don't live within 20 miles of me). And while we (shanky and i) were there, we made fun of him because we forced him to play in a zone, and he sucked ass. He built a $2000 system just to spec in SS. As for him being worthy of billing op, at first i didn't think he seriously was. But he has proven himself, and i believe Ghost Ship made a good choice in picking him. He has matured very well (he is only a year or two younger than me) since a year ago. Plus he still uses a Mr. Bubbles night light.
^Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:38 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: 3 AM going to bed, YOU LOG IN! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Those who are billing ops ussualy also have l1-0 bang.
Ya still havn't replied about hacking onto ppl's servers.
Mine GO BOOM
Hunch Hunch
What What
Hunch Hunch<br>What What

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:41 pm   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Re: 3 AM going to bed, YOU LOG IN! Reply to topic Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Ya still havn't replied about hacking onto ppl's servers.

Whats there to reply about? I had access to servers that were given to me by those that ran them. Nothing to hack. No servers were forcefully shutdown by me ever (well, exceptions was updating zones).
Gravitron
VIE Vet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:23 am   Post maybe stupid    Post subject: Reply to topic Reply with quote

Hey remember when I crashed SCF down by uploading my 2MB zone?
biggrin.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Trash Talk All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 674 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.581944 seconds : 43 queries executed (81.0%): GZIP compression disabled