Server Help Forum Index Server Help
Community forums for Subgame, ASSS, and bots

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Login to check your private messagesLogin to check your private messages   LoginLogin (SSL) 

Server Help | ASSS Wiki (0) | Shanky.com
ship#.bm2-maker (For custom-sized ship-making)

View previous topic  Subgame to ASSS cfg converter Post :: Post Java map editor????  View next topic  
Big D.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: ship#.bm2-maker (For custom-sized ship-making) Reply to topic Reply with quote

This is a program my brother made for me once, and it's served its purpose well.

It takes 40 .bmp images and puts them in one big bitmap file which you can use for custom ship graphics (the program places bitmap images of any size in the right place so that the final bitmap image can be used in SS instead of the default ship graphics).

http://ddmt.vaniercollege.qc.ca/~s0130766/temp/d_custom_ship_size.zip
Best way to use it and make your ship(s):

1. Make a 3D model, make it do a 360 degree turn in 40 frames and render it to bitmap files named "ship_0000.bmp" to "ship_0039.bmp" (in the the 0000 file, the ship should be facing up).

2. Put those files in the "Ship_Pic" folder.

3. Run the application, type in the size of the images (36x36, for example), and click "render." This should take about a second, unless the images are very big.

4. A file called "ships.bmp" will be created. If you wanna use it as the Spider, rename it to "ship3.bm2" and put it in your Continuum\Graphics folder.

5. Run Continuum, enter any zone that doesn't force its own custom ships and you should see your ship instead of the normal Spider.

This application has been used to help make ship graphics for zones such as Devastation (with my graphics) and T4 Judgement Day's upcoming zone (it will have an isometric view, marines and command centers).

Btw, the zip file comes with a help file I wrote and with an example ship (I used it as a Shark). Anyone using 3D renderings for ship graphics should use this as it will save you hours of work. Feel free to share this file as I now only have it on a temporary location.

EDIT: Attached files to the message for you, as it will be a permanent host then. -MGB

custom ship size - no sample.zip - 8.39 KB
File downloaded or viewed 44 time(s)

custom ship size - no sample.zip - 8.39 KB
File downloaded or viewed 44 time(s)

d_custom_ship_size.zip - 127.67 KB
File downloaded or viewed 40 time(s)

d_custom_ship_size.zip - 127.67 KB
File downloaded or viewed 40 time(s)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Server Help Forum Index -> Misc User Apps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
View online users | View Statistics | View Ignored List

Software by php BB © php BB Group
Server Load: 617 page(s) served in previous 5 minutes.

phpBB Created this page in 0.428261 seconds : 27 queries executed (94.3%): GZIP compression disabled