Server Help

ASSS Questions - updating client

reel bad - Mon May 12, 2003 9:52 pm
Post subject: updating client
with the release of .38, and downloading it to all the computers i use at school (heh) I was wondering if a more continuous approach to upgrading might be in the future (like not just pointing you to a web page). Way back in VIE days, I think you could downlaod a little upgrade program in the client, and then the client would close and the program would run. This still happens, but the program just opens a d/l page. Will this ever go back to the way it used to be?

(at first this appears to be a client issue, but the client is all set up to do what it needs to for this to work, I think, so all we need is a better updating file on the server, right?)

anyways, all comments are appreciated.
Mine GO BOOM - Mon May 12, 2003 11:40 pm
Post subject:
Way back in VIE days, they never had to worry about bandwidth that much. These hosts currently aren't always the fastest, nor want to use up more of their bandwidth. Plus, they didn't have to worry about 50 different smaller zones. Priitk figured it would be easier for others (such as those who never visit SSC zones) if every zone updated you the same way, pointing to a website.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic