Server Help

Bot Questions - fighting bot

sirkillsalot - Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:11 pm
Post subject: fighting bot
anyone know where i can find a fighting bot?????
Samapico - Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:03 pm
Post subject:
Check the sticky topic right above this one... Quick Links to Bots
You'll find information about Bjorn's AI bot
If you need help running it, search this forum, you'll find topics about it.

Edit: The topic right under this one is titled: Bjorn's AI bot "rereleased" . You might want to read that.

Edit: oops, had wrong link
sirkillsalot - Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:26 pm
Post subject:
i did download the link on top but when i run it it says error tick... repeatdly

it says reading fileno bmp 16777343
***GENERAL ERROR***
ERROR: Tick.
Samapico - Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:27 pm
Post subject:
Well, make sure you get L.C.'s latest version:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8477

And... did you follow the instructions? At that point you need to tell us what you did exactly if you want us to help you tongue.gif
That bot is the only AI bot available, so you'll need to get it to work tongue.gif

Edit: apparently, LC only redid the documentation, but it should help you anyway tongue.gif
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:13 am
Post subject:
i downloaded the bot and ran it on a different folder than continuum so i ran it and it said fileno BMP ***general error*** then i put the bot under the same folder as continuum so i run it and it just says reading fileno BMP over and over and over again so i thought it was running so i went into the zoen and put /!start trying some of commands off of commands.txt for it and nothing happening
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 am
Post subject:
So you didn't read any instructions and didn't try to set any configuration?

It can be in any folder, but you need to point it to the correct map file, that's all I know. It also needs some special permissions like VIP, read the instructions that come with it.
L.C. - Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am
Post subject:
fileno BMP ***general error***

^^ Means it is not reading the LVL file correctly, more than likely. Paste your configs here. (censor password stuff of course)

EDIT: Also what Samapico said. Bot's username needs to be in the vip.txt file at a minimum, and must use the VIP and energy password at a minimum (this is different from the bot's OWN password).
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:49 pm
Post subject:
i'll paste it all cause i confused about to put the vip and energy passwords where

[operators]
# 1:2:3
# 1 - Access level (from 1 to 12)
# 2 - Username of player
# 3 - Login password (login not necessary if left blank)

5:death bot:checkers <--energy password

[mervbot config]
[Login]
Zone=127.0.0.1:27015
// IP:Port of zone to connect to
// Use 127.0.0.1 in place of localhost
RecordLogins=0
// Record operator logins?
ResX=1280
ResY=1024
// Playing resolution of bot

[Database]
Spawns=spawns.txt
Commands=commands.txt
Operators=operators.txt
SaveInterval=300
// How often should the database be saved (in seconds)?

[Misc]
WindowCaption=AIMERVBot Terminal
// Terminal window caption
MaxSpawns=3
// Maximum number of in-game spawns
// Absolute maximum is 3 for remote zones
MaskBan=1
// Mask ban information so that it remains constant but different from your own
PlayerVoices=0
// Allow players to send .WAV files to the bot
NoTerminal=1
// No terminal output
DisablePubCommands=1
// Ignore commands in public chat?
NoisySpectator=1
// Enable this if the bot is not seeing everyone fast enough
MaxConnectionTries=2
// Maximum number of attempts to connect to a zone
InitialChatChannels=
// Initial billing network ?chat channels

[Security]
ChatterLog=0
// Log chatter
// This is a slow diagnostic tool, so disable when not using
RemoteInterpreter=1
// Should I listen to (possibly spoofed) remote private messages?
RemoteOperator=1
// If so, should I listen to remote private messages from passworded bot operators?
EncryptMode=1
// Encrypt network traffic?

[Registration]
// Change these if the bot has trouble creating new accounts
Name=Catid
Email=cat02e@fsu.edu
State=Florida
Age=19

[spawns]
# 1:2:3:4:5
# 1 - Bot Username
# 2 - Bot Password
# 3 - Arena
# 4 - Plugins to load (separated by commas)
# 5 - Sysop Password

deathbot:*****:public:******** <---sysops password
the first set of * is bots password
also one more thing idk the plug-ins
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:00 pm
Post subject:
i got the bot running ty for helping
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:04 pm
Post subject:
only thing i maybe not doing it right but i typed to the bot /!start nothing happens only thing that works is !help <command>
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:59 pm
Post subject:
Make sure the bot has you listed as a user with powers (sysop, for example)
That would be in the operators section I assume
something like 5:sirkillsalot
Or maybe in the operators.txt if there's one...

Typing !listops to the bot should tell you you're a sysop, if it worked.
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:26 pm
Post subject:
i did what u said and the bot does not come up on the zone

unless i put spawn? or something like that
Hakaku - Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:32 pm
Post subject:
Code: Show/Hide
[operators]
# 2 - Username of player

Look at this relevant portion. It's for staff. Assuming your name is 'death bot', you have to login with the password you wrote above, here 'checkers'. (Although, I'm pretty sure you typoed your username here) If I recall correctly, if you do specify a password, you have to use the command "!login mypassword".
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:37 pm
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:
Code: Show/Hide
[operators]
# 2 - Username of player

Look at this relevant portion. It's for staff. Assuming your name is 'death bot', you have to login with the password you wrote above, here 'checkers'. (Although, I'm pretty sure you typoed your username here) If I recall correctly, if you do specify a password, you have to use the command "!login mypassword".

well i did it both ways and the bot shows up but Samapico told me to put myself as the operator in the operators.txt so i did and i ran it and the bot does not show up anymore

but i didn't do the !login lol i'm a retard and nothing

also if i don't specify a password?
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:06 pm
Post subject:
it was a turd but i got it ty for all your help guys and yes i know newbie does not classify me but hey i'm learning
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:07 pm
Post subject:
To clarify:
In Spawns you need the
deathbot:*****:public:********

But in Operators you need yourself, and you don't have to specify a password. If you don't specify one you won't need to /!login
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:22 pm
Post subject:
cool and the plugins i just download it and put it in the same folder or a sub folder and in the game just type !plugins? to get it going?
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:15 pm
Post subject:
AI-bot is a modified MervBot that is only built to do the AI stuff. If you want other bot plugins, you'll need a different copy of MervBot (latest version is 0.46 or something like that). You put it whereever you want (ideally its own folder, like Continuum\Bots\MyCoolBot)
And you put the plugins in the same folder as mervbot.exe, and you set the plugins to load in the spawn.txt... Actually it's all explained in the text files you'll find with MervBot.

Your AI bot can be in its own folder as well (like Continuum\Bots\DeathBot )
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm
Post subject:
u mean the the mervbot i got from downloading the server files for making the zone?
sirkillsalot - Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:06 pm
Post subject:
i got them going now ty so much
L.C. - Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 am
Post subject:
Looks like you got everything wrapped up, nice! icon_smile.gif

By the way, in case you have trouble starting the bot (in-game that is), you will need to hop in as a ship after doing /!start to the bot and kill it.. if it is sitting at a single coordinate not moving/doing anything/rotating. After killing it, if it is like that, it will start doing its thing. ;o

Quote:
u mean the the mervbot i got from downloading the server files for making the zone?
Yes. That MERVBot is THE MERVBot. The MERVBot that comes with the AI bot here is a special MERVBot modified/hacked for AI purposes (not for general use, but only the AI).
sirkillsalot - Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:29 pm
Post subject:
i'll give it a go ty again
sirkillsalot - Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:42 pm
Post subject:
i tried /!start not working
L.C. - Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm
Post subject:
1. /!start
2. Get in a ship
3. Kill the bot (most likely in center of arena not moving)

If /!start doesn't work, then something else is probably at fault. :S
sirkillsalot - Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:02 pm
Post subject:
only way i get the bot in the arena is !ship 1 then !follow i put /!start tilll says bot is in spec but i'm thinking that in the command.txt it's not in it so i was thinking adding it but idk what else to put
L.C. - Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:42 pm
Post subject:
You ***MUST*** use !start. Any other method = does not start the AI functionality. !move/follow/attach are part of MERVBot, not Bjorn's AI.

You might also have to *setship the bot (into any ship) as the first or second step -- I forgot to write this in.
sirkillsalot - Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Post subject:
i will try it but i have the stupidest luck tho i had to reinstall windows last night then i reinstalled continnum when i download the directory list it says make sure it's valid address also make sure u are connected to the internet but i am according to the wireless graph but according to the router i'm not :S
Samapico - Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:03 pm
Post subject:
Update your directory servers... The default ones are not working well.
forums.ssgn.net 's technical support section has a sticky topic with the working active servers
sirkillsalot - Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:54 pm
Post subject:
the bot is annoying me badly same files as before but i put the correct names and passwords where they belong when i run the bot and it's fine but when i connect to the zone it says throwing a error??????????
sirkillsalot - Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:09 pm
Post subject:
i'll make a recording of my files and what it does
Samapico - Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm
Post subject:
Read over the thread again, I'm sure you forgot something...

And you can check if you have the right password for your bot by entering with the name yourself
sirkillsalot - Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:24 pm
Post subject:
i did check witht he name and it lwt me in
sirkillsalot - Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 pm
Post subject:
now i'm having problems with the router when i log in to the router it says i'm logged in but when i check the router attached devices it says i'm not logged in???????? any opinons
L.C. - Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:16 pm
Post subject:
By router, are you referring to http://192.168.x.1/ in your browser?
sirkillsalot - Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 am
Post subject:
no 10.0.0.1 i am going to but the bot is still not reading the bmp or something cause when i connect it says error: tick. and i re read this thread and tried
sirkillsalot - Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 am
Post subject:
where would the bmp file or what not be in?
L.C. - Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:52 am
Post subject:
BMP file is the level file. Whatever arena map you would be loading that the bot should be loading needs to be in the same folder as the AIMervbot.exe. The EXACT same file. If the checksums differ, it cannot use it.
sirkillsalot - Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:13 pm
Post subject:
the level map is with the aibot the same folder it is in and walk me tho the checker differs part
sirkillsalot - Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 pm
Post subject:
now i have a new question i wanna build a special plugin for a bot but i don't know c++ at all i looked at distortions website for twcore in java but i can't get the package for twcore on the computer cause i read about a idea but i just can't get the twcore going or can i do mervbot in java as well? if so where can i get the package for it in java????

also i was wondering if i can get a open source of a mervbot core cause i want to start doing files like mervbot which reads from different files if so ty
Samapico - Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm
Post subject:
If you know java, there is no reason why you wouldn't be able to do c++ tongue.gif
MervBot is in C++, not in java

And... Try some punctuation will you? I can't understand what you're saying. You are saying you cannot get TWCore because you read about an idea? That doesn't make any sense icon_confused.gif
sirkillsalot - Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:17 am
Post subject:
i read about a idea for a bot and everyone else understands me why not you? tongue.gif and c++ looks more complicated
All times are -5 GMT
View topic