Server Help

Misc User Apps - SubSpace fonts in TrueType format

SuSE - Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:05 am
Post subject: SubSpace fonts in TrueType format

Posting this here in addition to ssforu... er "SSGNet Forums", for those of you who might be interested, but might (understandably) avoid that place.

specfont.bm2
shrtfont.bm2
tallfont.bm2
largefont.bm2
hugefont.bm2

Example of how to use them on websites included.

Related: shrtfont.bm2 in ASCII format
SamHughes - Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:44 am
Post subject:
.7z? What is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself.
L.C. - Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 am
Post subject:
Quote:
.7z? What is wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself.
No, you. biggrin.gif

7z does have better compression, but it isn't as traditional as zip. Rar is sort of in between tradition and compression.
Samapico - Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:18 am
Post subject:
rofl, you 7-zipped an uncompressed rar?
Cheese - Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 am
Post subject:
can someone repost the .ttf, so we dont have to deal with extra bullshit?
JoWie - Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 am
Post subject:
.7z is awesome
SuSE - Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:21 am
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
rofl, you 7-zipped an uncompressed rar?
Me? It's a tar.
Cheese wrote:
can someone repost the .ttf, so we dont have to deal with extra bullshit?

It's five TTFs... and five EOTs (for Internet Explorer), as well as a file showing how to use them with websites.

The compression makes it ≈0.025% its original size, it's just good manners. There's also nothing stopping your archive manager from extracting it all in one step.
Cheese - Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 am
Post subject:
windows doesnt come with an 'archive manager'

and why would there be five files?
did you make one for every color?
why would a font need color information?
JoWie - Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:47 am
Post subject:
If you actually bothered to look you would see they are the different font variants continuum uses. tall, spec, short, large, huge. Although some barely differ.

EOT is because internet explorer is the worst browser on earth and only accepts EOT on webpages. All other browsers support TTF.
SuSE - Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:31 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:

It does, it's just crap. There's nothing stopping you from installing a decent 3rd party archive manager, though, or switching to a decent OS.

Posting an uncompressed version defeats the whole point of having compressed it in the first place. I can email it to you as a ZIP if you like, everything else is going to cost someone (other than our email providers) more money.
L.C. - Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:44 am
Post subject:
Quote:
This is the same reason why it is important to compress images and not leave them in a raw BMP format. ;o

Window's archive manager is extremely mediocre. 7z is free, you could get that. That also supports opening RAR files I believe. icon_smile.gif

http://www.7-zip.org/
Dr Brain - Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:03 am
Post subject:
This conversation has wasted more bandwidth than the .7z format has saved. Use .zip for everything smaller than 20MB without hesitation. Above that you can weigh the merits of each format vs. its market share.
Samapico - Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:47 am
Post subject:
Winrar supports pretty much every formats and is usually the first thing I install after a drive format tongue.gif

But as Brain said, arguing about which compression is the best for a 50k file is ridiculous.
Maverick - Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 pm
Post subject:

Winrar isn't as "free" as 7-zip is tongue.gif

Files should just be offered in different formats then people can download the format they like icon_smile.gif
Cheese - Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 pm
Post subject:
in short:
include files in a format that everyone can use without downloading extra crap they dont need because you think its better
Samapico - Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:07 pm
Post subject:
Agreed... Winrar is free enough for me icon_wink.gif , I use it most of the time, but if I need to share something with someone, I'll just compress as .zip, unless I know the person can open rar's.
L.C. - Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
Agreed... Winrar is free enough for me icon_wink.gif , I use it most of the time, but if I need to share something with someone, I'll just compress as .zip, unless I know the person can open rar's.
Mine is free because mine is pirated. o_o
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 am
Post subject:
That's what I meant by free enough tongue.gif
SuSE - Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
in short:
include files in a format that everyone can use without downloading extra crap they dont need because you think its better

Eh... why did I even convert them to TrueType then? You already have software to interpret and use the fonts as sprites.

Here's your stupid ZIP:
Mine GO BOOM - Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:08 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
in short:

There, I made ttf a supported attachment you can directly download now.

(See original post for files)
SuSE - Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:24 pm
Post subject:
Still stupid. sa_tongue.gif
Cheese - Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:46 am
Post subject:
hurray

also, cool md5 hash
All times are -5 GMT
View topic