Server Help

ASSS Questions - Missing source files when loading with Dev-C++

L.C. - Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:19 pm
Post subject: Missing source files when loading with Dev-C++
I extracted ASSS 1.4.4 and ASSS 1.5.0r2. I copied and pasted the contents of the /src/ folder over to ASSS 1.4.4's /src/ folder, overwriting existing files.

Then I open the .DEV file and get popups:
Quote:
File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.4.4\asss-1.4.4\src\funky\bricklayer.c is not found.

File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.4.4\asss-1.4.4\src\packets\mapobj.h is not found.

File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.4.4\asss-1.4.4\src\packets\stats.h is not found.

If I don't overwrite ASSS 1.4.4 /src/ with ASSS 1.5.0r2 /src/, then I get a billion of these errors/warnings.

After updating a path in os.mk, I go to Compiling and get this:
Code: Show/Hide
Compiler: Default compiler
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "Makefile" all
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), uname -s, ...) failed.
Makefile:113: ../build/deps.mk: No such file or directory

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe -d ../build/

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe: cannot create directory `..\build\': File exists

make.exe: [../build/.stamp] Error 1 (ignored)
D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe Makefile ../build/.stamp

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/pythoninc \
   */*.c -P '$(BUILDDIR)/' -o ../build/deps.mk

process_begin: CreateProcess((null), D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/pythoninc */*.c -P $(BUILDDIR)/ -o ../build/deps.mk, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make.exe: *** [../build/deps.mk] Error 2

Execution terminated

Dr Brain - Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:00 pm
Post subject:
I have no idea what you're trying to do or why. That should have been the first sentence in your post.
L.C. - Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 pm
Post subject:
I am trying to compile ASSS 1.5.0rc2 out of the box .. which isn't working very successfully.

Before I modify anything, I always try to make sure I can even compile the base unit first.
Dr Brain - Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:18 am
Post subject:
Ok, I see now. You're trying to use the dev-c++ project from 1.4.4 by copying all the new files into the directory? I'd suggest creating a new makefile project from scratch, but since I don't have Windows or Dev-C++ I'll help you diagnose your posted problem.

The problem looks like it can't find python in windeps. Did you copy python into windeps? Did 1.4.4 compile in that exact same directory setup?
L.C. - Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:00 pm
Post subject:
I'm using the Dev-C++ project file that is included with 1.5.0rc2 ...

First I extract versions to their own folders.
Both folders contain a windeps and src folder.

Now I copied the contents of the asss-1.5.0rc2 folder into the contents of asss-1.4.4 folder, overwriting existing 1.4.4 files with 1.5.0rc2 files.

Now I modify os.mk to use the correct path.

Now I open the Dev-C++ project file, go to Execute, then Compile.

Executing  make...

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/pythoninc \
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/pythoninc */*.c -P $(BUILDDIR)/ -o ../build/deps.mk, ...) failed.

make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.

make.exe: *** [../build/deps.mk] Error 2

Execution terminated

In other words, in batch script language, this is what I did:

unzip asss-1.4.4.zip asss-1.4.4
unzip asss-1.5.0rc2.zip asss-1.5.0rc2
cd asss-1.5.0rc2
copy /Y * ../asss-1.4.4
cd ../asss-1.4.4/src
notepad os.mk

Corrected line 45, saved, exited Notepad.
Opened asss.dev with Dev-C++.
Went to Execute --> Compile.

I already examined the Makefile for any paths that need to be corrected, but Makefile does not use any absolute paths.

os.mk

# this file contains stuff to adjust the behavior of the makefile based
# on the OS we're running on.

SYS_NAME := $(shell uname -s)
ifeq ($(SYS_NAME),)
# if this fails, assume mingw. this is a hack to allow building in dev-c++.
SYS_NAME := MINGW-dev-c++
endif

ifeq ($(SYS_NAME),Linux)
UTIL_LIB = -lutil
DL_LIB = -ldl
ZLIB_LIB = -lz
PTHREAD_LIB = -lpthread
DASH_F_PIC = -fPIC
EXPORT_SYMBOLS = -rdynamic
SO = so
unixsignal = unixsignal
SYS_NAME := ok
endif

ifeq ($(SYS_NAME),FreeBSD)
UTIL_LIB = -lutil
ZLIB_LIB = -lz
DASH_F_PIC = -fPIC
DASH_PTHREAD = -pthread
EXPORT_SYMBOLS = -rdynamic
SO = so
unixsignal = unixsignal
endif

ifeq ($(findstring CYGWIN,$(SYS_NAME)),CYGWIN)
$(warning WARNING: cygwin support hasn't been tested recently. it's probably broken.)
PTHREAD_LIB = -lpthread
EXE = .exe
SO = so
endif

ifeq ($(findstring MINGW,$(SYS_NAME)),MINGW)

# set up paths to point to windeps
WINDEPS := D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps

INSTALL := $(WINDEPS)/install.exe
PYTHON := $(WINDEPS)/python.exe
symlink_bins := no

include $(WINDEPS)/system-windeps.mk

run_dlltool = yes
PTHREAD_LIB = -L$(WINDEPS) -lpthreadGC2 -lwsock32
ZLIB_LIB = -L$(WINDEPS) -lzdll
SO_LDFLAGS = $(call tobuild,import.imp) $(PTHREAD_LIB)
EXPORT_SYMBOLS = $(call tobuild,export.exp)
EXE = .exe
SO = dll
W32COMPAT = win32compat
EXTRA_INCLUDE_DIRS = -I$(WINDEPS)
EXTRA_INSTALL_FILES = $(WINDEPS)/zlib1.dll $(WINDEPS)/pthreadGC2.dll \
   $(WINDEPS)/python26.dll $(WINDEPS)/libdb4.dll

endif

ifneq ($(SYS_NAME),ok)
$(error "Unknown operating system, you'll have to edit the makefile yourself")
endif

# dist: public

Makefile

#
# this is the makefile for asss. it works on linux, freebsd, cygwin, and
# mingw32/msys.
#
# the file "system.mk" might need tweaking by the user to specify
# locations of libraries and things.
#
# just running "make" will build asss with the default options
# (debug=yes, optmization=no, profiling=no).
#
# if you want an optimized build, use "make opt=yes".
# if you want a profiled build, use "make prof=yes".
# if you want a _non_debug build, use "make debug=no".
# if you want to link bdb statically, use "make link_db_statically=yes".
#

# this file contains system-specific definitions, including library and
# include file paths, and build options. generally, you should only
# modify system.mk, and not this file, to customize the behavior of the
# makefile.
have_system_mk := $(wildcard system.mk)
ifeq ($(strip $(have_system_mk)),)
$(error system.mk does not exist! Copy system.mk.dist to system.mk and edit it to your needs.)
endif
include system.mk

# this file adjusts the makefile depending on the operating system we're
# running on.
include os.mk

# apply build options
ifeq ($(debug),yes)
DEBUG_CFLAGS = -g -Wall
endif

ifeq ($(prof),yes)
PROF_FLAGS = -pg
endif

ifeq ($(opt),yes)
OPT_CFLAGS = -O2 -Wall
endif

# for older gcc, remove the -std option
CC = gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe
STD_CFLAGS = -I. -Iinclude -I$(BUILDDIR) $(EXTRA_INCLUDE_DIRS) -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE $(DASH_F_PIC)
CFLAGS = $(STD_CFLAGS) $(DEBUG_CFLAGS) $(PROF_FLAGS) $(OPT_CFLAGS)
LDFLAGS = $(DASH_PTHREAD) $(DASH_F_PIC) $(PROF_FLAGS)

# some macros to help with putting output in $(BUILDDIR)
tobuild = $(addprefix $(BUILDDIR)/,$(1))
tobuildo = $(addprefix $(BUILDDIR)/,$(addsuffix .o,$(1)))
builddir = $(call tobuild,.stamp)

# these object files might need to be linked into more than one file
UTIL_OBJS = util pathutil protutil rwlock app md5 $(W32COMPAT)

# this is the primary target
all: install

# this template makes it easy to build new dynamic libraries
define dl_template
# the main rule:
$$(call tobuild, $(1).$(SO)): $$(call tobuildo,$$($(1)_mods))
   $(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -shared -o $$@ $$^ $(SO_LDFLAGS) $$($(1)_libs)
# this macro can be used to refer to the library file.
# the optional $(2) is used to support conditional inclusion:
$(2)$(1)_DL := $$(call tobuild, $(1).$(SO))
# add the library file to the global list of libraries to build:
DLS += $$($(1)_DL)
# define a convenience alias for building a specific library:
$(1): $$($(2)$(1)_DL)
.PHONY: $(1)
endef

# these gets initialized to empty, and will be added to by expansions of
# dl_template, and other rules in the included makefile fragments.
DLS :=
BINS :=

# this grabs all the makefile fragments in our subdirectories
include */*.mk

# some of our phony targets
install: $(BINDIR)/.stamp install2

install2: $(BINS) $(DLS)
ifeq ($(symlink_bins),yes)
   $(LN) -sf $(foreach f,$^ $(wildcard */*.py) $(EXTRA_INSTALL_FILES),$(shell $(REALPATH) $(f))) $(BINDIR)
else
   $(INSTALL) $^ $(wildcard */*.py) $(EXTRA_INSTALL_FILES) $(BINDIR)
endif

clean:
   -rm -f $(BUILDDIR)/*

# a rule for creating directories
%/.stamp:
   -$(INSTALL) -d $(dir $@)
   -$(INSTALL) Makefile $@

# the basic rule for compiling .c files
%.o:
   $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c -o $@ $<

# generating dependencies. automatic, but can be forced with "make deps".
$(call tobuild, deps.mk) deps: $(builddir) # */*.c */*.h
   $(PYTHON) $(SCRIPTS)/makedeps.py $(STD_CFLAGS) $(DB_CFLAGS) $(MYSQL_CFLAGS) $(PYTHON_CFLAGS) \
      */*.c -P '$$(BUILDDIR)/' -o $(call tobuild, deps.mk)

include $(call tobuild, deps.mk)

.PHONY: clean install install2 all deps

# dist: public

Assuming you are using these very same files (including Makefile) to compile on Linux, I don't see why I should have to recreate the Makefile -- to me that's just saying that Makefile is made incorrectly by whoever in the first place. icon_sad.gif Unless there is a piece of information about programming and compiling I am unaware of here.

EDIT: python.exe is not in the windeps folder. But I already have python installed anyhow. O_o
Hakaku - Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:07 pm
Post subject:
Did you make sure to tell Dev-Cpp to use the makefile? I.e. Project>Project Options>Makefile>Use Custom Makefile
Dr Brain - Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:51 am
Post subject:
I don't understand why you're copying 1.5.0rc2 into 1.4.4. That makes no sense to me. If you've already got everything you need in 1.5.0rc2, why are you using 1.4.4 at all? Explaining this is vital.

I know why you're having the problem you're having, and that's because you're not following the instructions grel outlined for setting up the windeps directory. You must copy python into it.
L.C. - Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:06 am
Post subject:
Quote:
If you've already got everything you need in 1.5.0rc2
Here is me trying to open the DEV file straight from a 1.5.0rc2 extract:

File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.5.0rc2\src\core\fm_lockspec.c is not found.
File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.5.0rc2\src\core\fm_normal.c is not found.
File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.5.0rc2\src\funky\bricklayer.c is not found.
File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.5.0rc2\src\packets\mapobj.h is not found.
File D:\Games\Continuum\developer\asss-1.5.0rc2\src\packets\stats.h is not found.

Okay, it isn't a billion errors like I initially said, but it is two more errors. By copying 1.5.0rc2 over 1.4.4, I had better chances in that if there were any missing files -- they might be there (because 1.4.4 might have them). Why this reasoning? Possibly because 1.5.0rc2 left out unmodified files since 1.4.4 release or they were forgotten. If they were forgotten to be included, then I might have issues compiling either way.

Quote:
I know why you're having the problem you're having, and that's because you're not following the instructions grel outlined for setting up the windeps directory. You must copy python into it.
Will do!

Python.exe copied into windeps directory. Here is the compile log this time:
Executing  make...

makedeps: ignoring option: -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_REENTRANT
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_GNU_SOURCE
makedeps: ignoring option: -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps
makedeps: ignoring option: -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc
makedeps: ignoring option: -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/pythoninc
makedeps: warning: "pthread.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "zlib.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "mysql.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "db.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "errno.h" not found

makedeps: warning: "Python.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "structmember.h" not found

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe -d ../bin/

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe: cannot create directory `..\bin\': File exists

make.exe: [../bin/.stamp] Error 1 (ignored)
D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe Makefile ../bin/.stamp

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/main.o main\main.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/module.o main\module.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/cmod.o main\cmod.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/util.o main\util.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/pathutil.o main\pathutil.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/protutil.o main\protutil.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/rwlock.o main\rwlock.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/app.o main\app.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/md5.o main\md5.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/win32compat.o main\win32compat.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/config.o core\config.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/prng.o core\prng.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/player.o core\player.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/core.o core\core.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/logman.o core\logman.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/idle.o core\idle.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/mainloop.o core\mainloop.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/net.o core\net.c

core\net.c: In function `InitSockets':
core\net.c:759: warning: passing arg 1 of `inet_aton' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enc_null.o core\enc_null.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enc_vie.o core\enc_vie.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/arenaman.o core\arenaman.c

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/gensparse.py ../build/sparse.inc ../scripts/sparse_params.py

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/mapdata.o core\mapdata.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/mapnewsdl.o core\mapnewsdl.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/clientset.o core\clientset.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/capman.o core\capman.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/lagdata.o core\lagdata.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/lagaction.o core\lagaction.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/bw_default.o core\bw_default.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/bw_nolimit.o core\bw_nolimit.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/freqman.o core\freqman.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/log_file.o core\log_file.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/log_console.o core\log_console.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/log_sysop.o core\log_sysop.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/log_staff.o core\log_staff.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/game.o core\game.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/game_timer.o core\game_timer.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/chat.o core\chat.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/flagcore.o core\flagcore.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/balls.o core\balls.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/banners.o core\banners.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/bricks.o core\bricks.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/objects.o core\objects.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/messages.o core\messages.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/koth.o core\koth.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enf_lockspec.o core\enf_lockspec.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/cmdman.o core\cmdman.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/playercmd.o core\playercmd.c

core\playercmd.c: In function `Cversion':
core\playercmd.c:704: warning: int format, DWORD arg (arg 5)
core\playercmd.c:704: warning: int format, DWORD arg (arg 6)
core\playercmd.c:704: warning: int format, DWORD arg (arg 7)

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/admincmd.o core\admincmd.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/watchdamage.o core\watchdamage.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/buy.o core\buy.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/help.o core\help.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/notify.o core\notify.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/directory.o core\directory.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/billing.o core\billing.c

core\billing.c: In function `check_connected':

core\billing.c:970: warning: passing arg 4 of `getsockopt' from incompatible pointer type

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/billing_ssc.o core\billing_ssc.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/pwcache.o core\pwcache.c

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/extract-cfg-docs.py -c ../build/cfghelp.inc */*.c */*.py core/clientset.def

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/cfghelp.o core\cfghelp.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/filetrans.o core\filetrans.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/quickfix.o core\quickfix.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/freqowners.o core\freqowners.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/arenaperm.o core\arenaperm.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/auth_prefix.o core\auth_prefix.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/fake.o core\fake.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/chatnet.o core\chatnet.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enf_legalship.o core\enf_legalship.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enf_shipcount.o core\enf_shipcount.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/ap_multipub.o core\ap_multipub.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/sendfile.o core\sendfile.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/auth_ban.o core\auth_ban.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/auth_file.o core\auth_file.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/obscene.o core\obscene.c

core\obscene.c: In function `Filter':
core\obscene.c:79: warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type

core\obscene.c:97: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enf_shipchange.o core\enf_shipchange.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enf_flagwin.o core\enf_flagwin.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/deadlock.o core\deadlock.c

dlltool.exe --export-all-symbols -D asss.exe -e ../build/export.exp -l ../build/import.imp ../build/main.o ../build/module.o ../build/cmod.o ../build/util.o ../build/pathutil.o ../build/protutil.o ../build/rwlock.o ../build/app.o ../build/md5.o ../build/win32compat.o ../build/config.o ../build/prng.o ../build/player.o ../build/core.o ../build/logman.o ../build/idle.o ../build/mainloop.o ../build/net.o ../build/enc_null.o ../build/enc_vie.o ../build/arenaman.o ../build/mapdata.o ../build/mapnewsdl.o ../build/clientset.o ../build/capman.o ../build/lagdata.o ../build/lagaction.o ../build/bw_default.o ../build/bw_nolimit.o ../build/freqman.o ../build/log_file.o ../build/log_console.o ../build/log_sysop.o ../build/log_staff.o ../build/game.o ../build/game_timer.o ../build/chat.o ../build/flagcore.o ../build/balls.o ../build/banners.o ../build/bricks.o ../build/objects.o ../build/messages.o ../build/koth.o ../build/enf_lockspec.o ../build/cmdman.o ../build/playercmd.o ../build/admincmd.o ../build/watchdamage.o ../build/buy.o ../build/help.o ../build/notify.o ../build/directory.o ../build/billing.o ../build/billing_ssc.o ../build/pwcache.o ../build/cfghelp.o ../build/filetrans.o ../build/quickfix.o ../build/freqowners.o ../build/arenaperm.o ../build/auth_prefix.o ../build/fake.o ../build/chatnet.o ../build/enf_legalship.o ../build/enf_shipcount.o ../build/ap_multipub.o ../build/sendfile.o ../build/auth_ban.o ../build/auth_file.o ../build/obscene.o ../build/enf_shipchange.o ../build/enf_flagwin.o ../build/deadlock.o

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe    ../build/export.exp -o ../build/asss.exe ../build/main.o ../build/module.o ../build/cmod.o ../build/util.o ../build/pathutil.o ../build/protutil.o ../build/rwlock.o ../build/app.o ../build/md5.o ../build/win32compat.o ../build/config.o ../build/prng.o ../build/player.o ../build/core.o ../build/logman.o ../build/idle.o ../build/mainloop.o ../build/net.o ../build/enc_null.o ../build/enc_vie.o ../build/arenaman.o ../build/mapdata.o ../build/mapnewsdl.o ../build/clientset.o ../build/capman.o ../build/lagdata.o ../build/lagaction.o ../build/bw_default.o ../build/bw_nolimit.o ../build/freqman.o ../build/log_file.o ../build/log_console.o ../build/log_sysop.o ../build/log_staff.o ../build/game.o ../build/game_timer.o ../build/chat.o ../build/flagcore.o ../build/balls.o ../build/banners.o ../build/bricks.o ../build/objects.o ../build/messages.o ../build/koth.o ../build/enf_lockspec.o ../build/cmdman.o ../build/playercmd.o ../build/admincmd.o ../build/watchdamage.o ../build/buy.o ../build/help.o ../build/notify.o ../build/directory.o ../build/billing.o ../build/billing_ssc.o ../build/pwcache.o ../build/cfghelp.o ../build/filetrans.o ../build/quickfix.o ../build/freqowners.o ../build/arenaperm.o ../build/auth_prefix.o ../build/fake.o ../build/chatnet.o ../build/enf_legalship.o ../build/enf_shipcount.o ../build/ap_multipub.o ../build/sendfile.o ../build/auth_ban.o ../build/auth_file.o ../build/obscene.o ../build/enf_shipchange.o ../build/enf_flagwin.o ../build/deadlock.o  -LD:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -lpthreadGC2 -lwsock32 -LD:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -lzdll -lm

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/statcodes.o scoring\statcodes.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps    \
   -DNODQ -DNOTREAP -DNOSTRINGCHUNK -DNOMPQUEUE -DNOMMAP \
   -o ../build/dbtool.exe ../build/statcodes.o main/util.c main/dbtool.c -LD:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -ldb4

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc -c -o ../build/mysql.o database\mysql.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/aliasdb.o database\aliasdb.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe    -shared -o ../build/database.dll ../build/mysql.o ../build/aliasdb.o ../build/import.imp -LD:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -lpthreadGC2 -lwsock32 D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqldll.a -LD:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -lzdll

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/processfont.py ../scripts/banner.font ../build/letters.inc

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../scripts/processfont.py", line 151, in <module>
    if __name__ == '__main__': main()
  File "../scripts/processfont.py", line 147, in main
    l, w, h = processfile(sys.argv[1])
  File "../scripts/processfont.py", line 77, in processfile
    let = makemutable(data[:perlet])
  File "../scripts/processfont.py", line 63, in makemutable
    m[y].append(mat[y][x])
IndexError: string index out of range

make.exe: *** [../build/letters.inc] Error 1

Execution terminated

Why isn't python.exe included in windeps?

Quote:
Did you make sure to tell Dev-Cpp to use the makefile? I.e. Project>Project Options>Makefile>Use Custom Makefile
It's already checked and using ASSS' Makefile (as a custom). :X

I go straight back to "Compile" again, after having built and attempted to compile it the first time:
Executing  make...
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/brickwriter.o funky\brickwriter.c

funky\brickwriter.c: In function `BrickWrite':

funky\brickwriter.c:21: error: `letterdata' undeclared (first use in this function)
funky\brickwriter.c:21: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
funky\brickwriter.c:21: error: for each function it appears in.)
funky\brickwriter.c:24: error: `letterheight' undeclared (first use in this function)

make.exe: *** [../build/brickwriter.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Dr Brain - Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:21 am
Post subject:
The two fm_ files were removed. The bricklayer was renamed to brickwriter, but it was so long ago I forget who did it and why. The other two are unneeded anyhow. You can probably just ignore those errors, if that's the whole of them.

All of your errors related to a pthyon script generating files for brickwriter. What version of python are you using? If you're using python 3, try a python 2.X version instead. If not, we'll try something else.
L.C. - Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:24 am
Post subject:
I have 2.6 installed.
Dr Brain - Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 am
Post subject:
I looked through the offending script and didn't see anything obviously wrong.

My advise for now is to remove brickwriter from funky.mk and get everything else compiling, then work on that problem afterwards.
L.C. - Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:36 am
Post subject:
Removed brickwriter from funky.mk

Rebuilt all
Executing  make clean

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe -d ../build/

D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe: cannot create directory `..\build\': File exists

make.exe: [../build/.stamp] Error 1 (ignored)
D:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/install.exe Makefile ../build/.stamp

makedeps: ignoring option: -D_REENTRANT
makedeps: ignoring option: -D_GNU_SOURCE
makedeps: ignoring option: -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/mysqlinc
makedeps: ignoring option: -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps/pythoninc
makedeps: warning: "pthread.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "zlib.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "mysql.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "db.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "errno.h" not found

makedeps: warning: "Python.h" not found
makedeps: warning: "structmember.h" not found

rm -f ../build/*

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/main.o main\main.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/module.o main\module.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/cmod.o main\cmod.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/util.o main\util.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/pathutil.o main\pathutil.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/protutil.o main\protutil.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/rwlock.o main\rwlock.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/app.o main\app.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/md5.o main\md5.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/win32compat.o main\win32compat.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/config.o core\config.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/prng.o core\prng.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/player.o core\player.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/core.o core\core.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/logman.o core\logman.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/idle.o core\idle.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/mainloop.o core\mainloop.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/net.o core\net.c

core\net.c: In function `InitSockets':
core\net.c:759: warning: passing arg 1 of `inet_aton' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enc_null.o core\enc_null.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/enc_vie.o core\enc_vie.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/arenaman.o core\arenaman.c

gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build -ID:/Games/Continuum/developer/asss-1.4.4/asss-1.4.4/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -g -Wall   -c -o ../build\sparse.inc.o

gcc: no input files

make.exe: *** [../build\sparse.inc.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Compile
*** So big, I had to privatepaste it! http://privatepaste.com/282c25679c ***
208 errors
Cheese - Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:29 am
Post subject:
when you finish this, let me know every step you took

this is the exact reason i have never compiled the core once before
Hakaku - Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:57 am
Post subject:
In your os.mk, change the following:
WINDEPS := ../windeps

PYTHON := C:/Python26/python.exe

Copy paste the python24.dll file into your windeps folder. (Don't change the number even if your python version differs. ASSS 1.4.4 = python24.dll, ASSS 1.5x = python26.dll)
   $(WINDEPS)/libdb4.dll $(WINDEPS)/python24.dll

In your system.mk, change the following (double check to make sure the include folder and libs folder are properly named: python 2.4 uses /lib, while python 2.5 uses /libs.):
# change this to the location of your python 2.2 or higher install.
PYTHON_HOME = C:/Python26
# change this to the major/minor version number of your python install.
PYTHON_VERSION = 2.6
# these probably won't have to change
PYTHON_INC = $(PYTHON_HOME)/include
PYTHON_LIB = $(PYTHON_HOME)/libs
PYTHON_CFLAGS = -I$(PYTHON_INC)
PYTHON_LDFLAGS = -L$(PYTHON_LIB) -lpython26

Also make sure that this line reads:
# ASSSHOME should point to the root directory of the asss tree.
ASSSHOME = ..

You should get one error and a few warnings, but it should compile asss.exe, turf.dll, pymod.dll, etc., a-ok. I also find that I need to delete the entire /build/ folder generated to properly rebuild everything.
L.C. - Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:55 pm
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:
In your os.mk, change the following:
WINDEPS := ../windeps

PYTHON := C:/Python26/python.exe

Copy paste the python24.dll file into your windeps folder. (Don't change the number even if your python version differs. ASSS 1.4.4 = python24.dll, ASSS 1.5x = python26.dll)
   $(WINDEPS)/libdb4.dll $(WINDEPS)/python24.dll

In your system.mk, change the following (double check to make sure the include folder and libs folder are properly named: python 2.4 uses /lib, while python 2.5 uses /libs.):
# change this to the location of your python 2.2 or higher install.
PYTHON_HOME = C:/Python26
# change this to the major/minor version number of your python install.
PYTHON_VERSION = 2.6
# these probably won't have to change
PYTHON_INC = $(PYTHON_HOME)/include
PYTHON_LIB = $(PYTHON_HOME)/libs
PYTHON_CFLAGS = -I$(PYTHON_INC)
PYTHON_LDFLAGS = -L$(PYTHON_LIB) -lpython26

Also make sure that this line reads:
# ASSSHOME should point to the root directory of the asss tree.
ASSSHOME = ..

You should get one error and a few warnings, but it should compile asss.exe, turf.dll, pymod.dll, etc., a-ok. I also find that I need to delete the entire /build/ folder generated to properly rebuild everything.
205 errors.
http://privatepaste.com/64c0b38452

Did everything you said, including the deletion of the /build/ folder.

Here's what I have: http://cdn.bluetoast.org/asss-150rc2-over-144_src.rar
L.C. - Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:58 pm
Post subject:
Forgot to copy python24.dll (copied python26.dll instead). Trying again ... nope, no difference.
Dr Brain - Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 pm
Post subject:
The first error is missing Python.h, so there's something wrong with the include directory setup for python.
Hakaku - Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Post subject:
Hmm, try editing the following at the top of Pymod.c as well:

#include "C:/Python26/include/Python.h"
#include "C:/Python26/include/structmember.h"

I'm pretty sure those are the paths. This should clear the rest of your errors. Delete /build/, then rebuild the entire thing afterwards.
L.C. - Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:31 pm
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:
Hmm, try editing the following at the top of Pymod.c as well:

#include "C:/Pyhon26/include/Python.h"
#include "C:/Pyhon26/include/structmember.h"

I'm pretty sure those are the paths. This should clear the rest of your errors. Delete /build/, then rebuild the entire thing afterwards.
206 errors.
http://privatepaste.com/fb71adc3c2

EDIT: You left out a 't'. Retrying ...

EDIT2: 9 errors
http://privatepaste.com/ebc3b6863f
Samapico - Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 am
Post subject:
Pyhon lol

that privatepaste thing is neat
Hakaku - Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:12 am
Post subject:
For whatever reason, it's still not locating the files Python.h and structmember.h according to what you posted. The rest appears normal (although, I did notice you failed to change the line "PYTHON_VERSION = 2.6" in your system.mk). Are you sure you edited those paths, and not added them in the file? It shouldn't be looking for just "Python.h" if you changed it to the full path.

Pymod.c (top) wrote:
/* dist: public */

#include <signal.h>
#include <pthread.h>
#include <assert.h>

/* nasty hack to avoid warning when using python versions 2.4 and above */
#undef _POSIX_C_SOURCE
#include "C:/Python26/include/Python.h"
#include "C:/Python26/include/structmember.h"

Dr Brain - Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:40 am
Post subject:
You shouldn't need to edit any files beyond changing the python versions in os.mk.

grelminar wrote:
To build asss, you'll need to download a few extra libraries and programs.

1. Download a recent version of Python from www.python.org and install
it somewhere.

2. Copy the two files python24.dll and python.exe from the Python
directory into the windeps directory. If you installed Python
systemwide, python24.dll might be somewhere in your windows directory.

3. Copy all the files from the include directory of the Python install
into windeps\pythoninc.

Now building asss should work.

I'd bet step #3 never got done.
Hakaku - Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:46 am
Post subject:
If you follow those instructions, Brain, you're just going back to point 1:

Compiler: Default GCC compiler
Executing  make...
C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\mingw32-make.exe -f "Makefile" all
os.mk:51: C:/src/asss/windeps/system-windeps.mk: No such file or directory

C:/src/asss/windeps/install.exe -d ../build/
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), C:/src/asss/windeps/install.exe -d ../build/, ...) failed.
make (e=3): The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\mingw32-make.exe: [../build/.stamp] Error 3 (ignored)
C:/src/asss/windeps/install.exe Makefile ../build/.stamp
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), C:/src/asss/windeps/install.exe Makefile ../build/.stamp, ...) failed.

C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\mingw32-make.exe: [../build/.stamp] Error 3 (ignored)
C:/src/asss/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I../build -IC:/src/asss/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/opt/db-4.0.14/include -I/opt/mysql/include -I/usr/include/python2.5 \

process_begin: CreateProcess((null), C:/src/asss/windeps/python.exe ../scripts/makedeps.py -I. -Iinclude -I../build -IC:/src/asss/windeps -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/opt/db-4.0.14/include -I/opt/mysql/include -I/usr/include/python2.5 */*.c -P $(BUILDDIR)/ -o ../build/deps.mk, ...) failed.

C:\Dev-Cpp\bin\mingw32-make.exe: *** [../build/deps.mk] Error 3

Execution terminated

Edit: It seems there's a discrepancy between the os.mk version provided in 1.50rc2. The windeps path should point to "WINDEPS := ../windeps". And then, you would have to edit the line that contains python24.dll (or python26.dll in 1.5x) to the version on your windows install (didn't realize it was in windows/system32).

That seems to simplify things so much more than what I had done before. It's too bad that that part of the developper's readme isn't included in the source folder to make it more obvious to people trying to compile.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic