Server Help

Misc User Apps - Cross-platform C# chatnet core with optional GUI

D1st0rt - Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm
Post subject: Cross-platform C# chatnet core with optional GUI
Long ago I announced that I had begun on a Gtk# based chat client but it was still very rough around the edges. After much refactoring and cleaning up of the code base, and spending countless hours using it myself, I am no longer completely embarrassed by the state it is in so I've turned the private bitbucket repository public.

It works on Windows and Linux (using mono), you'll need to download Gtk# if you don't have it.

For those that just want to use it, there's the manifold-bin package that works on both OS's available for download. If you supply "--terminal" at the command line to Manifold.exe it won't use the user interface and you'll just see a terminal output.

If you're interested in building the code, after checking it out in the src directory run "make prepare" then "make core" (also gui and exe if you are interested). Similar to Cerium's jcnlib, the Manifold.Core library just gives you access to a Connection object you can create and use in whatever application you want with its modular architecture. The GUI itself is a module and also quite extensible which I can talk about if anyone develops an interest.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic