Server Help

Non-Subspace Related Coding - Great idea for people who know how to code!(not me)

Anonymous - Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:35 am
Post subject: Great idea for people who know how to code!(not me)
Would it be possible to fashion an iPhone app for continuum. There's already continuum radio stations and here I am thinking, something was just missing. As I lay in bed, reminiscing of my old nights cooped up in my parents house, chugging mountain dew, kill streakin on tw javs. I really miss that and when I get on my computer I now have other business to attend to.

Continuum would be a great game to play on the iPhone. I would get back into it, for sure.

Now the meat, for the doers:
imagine a screenshot of subspace,
Take half an inch off each side:
On the left, ctrl shift tab esc,
other side, arrow keys, above that, mine rep burst decoy portal brick rocket Thor

Put some style on the esc menu and maybe add a button for radio stations in said menu and guess what you got?
Continuum anytime!
The last thing I want to do is seem pushy but this could be made possible, and if someone decides to do it, you better credit me!
Hehe, could be some money in it, just thought I'd share my idea with people that have the know how, so if anyone wants to work on this I'm sure it would take no longer than a week if done legit.

Cheers! Pump life into this lost treasure!
L.C. - Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:52 am
Post subject:
I suggested a very similar thing, except that it would only go as far as spectate-only. Going any farther than that would probably end up in failure in regards to physics and cheat detection schemes in Subgame.
Bak - Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:40 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
I'm sure it would take no longer than a week
lool
Cheese - Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:39 am
Post subject:
i have been wondering what language the iphone apps were written in, and it seems like it should be easy to port chatnut, at the least...
Animate Dreams - Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
i have been wondering what language the iphone apps were written in, and it seems like it should be easy to port chatnut, at the least...

Objective C. Proprietary Mac-only language. But there is at least one project, Monotouch, that lets you program iphone apps in C#, I assume there are probably projects for other languages, as well.
Dr Brain - Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 am
Post subject:
Objective C is neither proprietary nor mac-only. It just happens to be rarely used outside of Apple related software.
SamHughes - Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 am
Post subject:
You can use Objective-C++ too (right?). It exists, generally. I think you can for the iPhone. In principle you should be able to. It would take two seconds to confirm or deny whether this is already supported.

Anyway, if you've got a bunch of C++ code lying around, that makes life easier.
KrynetiX - Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:30 pm
Post subject:
iPhone is soon to support flash (thank god) once Flash CS5 is released.

On another note (since the Flash->iPhone system will certainly be limited) I keep imagining subspace written in actionscript 3.0. Would be kind of funny for AS3 (actionscript 3) to connect to AS3 (asss).
MINDSINK - Mon May 04, 2015 7:36 pm
Post subject:
subscape will be cross-platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dR9S8lFwDo
All times are -5 GMT
View topic