Server Help

ASSS Questions - Loading modules... I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsign

Aquarius - Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am
Post subject: Loading modules... I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsign
I first executed 'bin/asss' and I'm not sure if it did what it's supposed to do. It left me in terminal without returning to command line. Just said something like "re-reading news.txt" then "syncing persistent data". I didn't set the server IP/Port and whatnot so I closed the Terminal. Upon executing 'bin/asss' again, it gave me this:
Code: Show/Hide
Loading modules...
I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
E <unixsignal> found previous asss still running
E <cmod> error loading module 'unixsignal'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'

What happened? I even rebooted to make sure asss wasn't still running.
Dr Brain - Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:29 am
Post subject:
Make sure you kill all asss processes running in the background:

killall -9 asss

If that doesn't help, then delete the asss.pid file:

rm asss.pid

When you run asss, it won't return to the command line. You can press Ctrl+C in the terminal to close it.
Aquarius - Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm
Post subject:
Thanks Dr that worked.

Make is responding with this:
ln -sf /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/core/backtrace /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/asss /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/dbtool /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/database.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/funky.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/pymod.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/scoring.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/build/turf.so /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/exec.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/fg_turf.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/fg_wz.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/fm_password.py /home/jesse/Desktop/as3/src/py/watchgreen.py ../bin

Which hasn't happened before.
Dr Brain - Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:45 pm
Post subject:
That's the final step of the build process, nothing to worry about.
Aquarius - Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:18 pm
Post subject:
That's all it was outputting, make clean fixed it.

I'm a bit confused getting my zone online. How would I go about network play if I'm running asss VIA VMWare? I can't even get local play to work. I have Continuum on my windows, therefore connecting to the zone VIA windows isn't technically local. VMWare creates another 'device' on my router for Ubuntu as if it were another computer on the router.
Hakaku - Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:34 pm
Post subject:
You'll probably have to play around with your Virtual Machine's ethernet settings (i.e. edit vm settings > hardware > ethernet) and see what works.
Dr Brain - Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm
Post subject:
If it wasn't outputting anything else, it means it had already built everything. Running "make clean" removes all of the output files, and forces the next make to rebuild everything.

You have to find out what your VM's IP is, and then connect to the zone in Continuum using that IP. If it's Ubuntu, then typing "sudo ifconfig" will probably reveal your IP (look for the IP following "inet addr" near the top of the eth0 output).
Aquarius - Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:51 pm
Post subject:
What is D I P? icon_confused.gif
Hakaku - Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm
Post subject:
New description, new IP adress, new port number
BDwinsAlt - Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 pm
Post subject:
Aquarius wrote:
That's all it was outputting, make clean fixed it.

I'm a bit confused getting my zone online. How would I go about network play if I'm running asss VIA VMWare? I can't even get local play to work. I have Continuum on my windows, therefore connecting to the zone VIA windows isn't technically local. VMWare creates another 'device' on my router for Ubuntu as if it were another computer on the router.

First step is finding out your IPs. Like Dr Brain said, type "sudo ifconfig" and look for an IP like 192.168.*.* (where * is an actual number). An example would be 192.168.1.102. That is your lan ip for the Ubuntu OS.

If you are behind a router and/or there is a firewall enabled on the Ubuntu setup, unblock which every ports you specified in global.conf. Default is 5000. So Unblock 5000 and 5001, or at least thats the way it used to be. 5001 I believe is used for stats before you enter the zone. You should at least be able to play using your local ip for Ubuntu, but you have to unblock the ports in global.conf for others to connect to your zone.

EDIT: The reason you can't connect locally is because you are connecting to your WAN IP (modem ip). That is fine, as long as the ports are unblocked for everyone to play. Otherwise, click on ADD CUSTOM in the zone download area. Type in the name of your server, the local UBUNTU ip (192.168.*.*), and the port (5000). Replacing the * with your actual values, and the port number with what ever is specified in global.conf
Aquarius - Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:25 pm
Post subject:
Thanks guys local play is working.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic