Server Help

ASSS Questions - ASSS 1.5.0rc1

Dr Brain - Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 pm
Post subject: ASSS 1.5.0rc1
Here is are the linux x86, linux x86_64 and srconly packages for asss 1.5.0rc1. This is my first time packaging asss, so there could be issues with them.

I'll post a win32 version and a change log soon.

Upgrading modules.conf from 1.4.4 to 1.5.0rc1 involves replacing the lines
Code: Show/Hide
fm_normal
game

with
game
freqman

JoWie - Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:11 am
Post subject:
wow, that is a lot I have to convert. But those adviser are really awesome

I will post a list of stuff I had to change when I am done
Dr Brain - Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:00 pm
Post subject:
In no particular order:

There's probably a few things I left out, but that should be the bulk of them.
Samapico - Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 pm
Post subject:
Weren't you adding some region properties? NoReceiveAntiwarp and NoReceiveWeapons? Or are these simply not part of the core?
JoWie - Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 pm
Post subject:
You could easily do that with the new packet rewrite adviser
Dr Brain - Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:58 pm
Post subject:
Yes, I forgot about those.

#define RCT_NORECVANTI      MAKE_CHUNK_TYPE(rNRA)
#define RCT_NORECVWEPS       MAKE_CHUNK_TYPE(rNRW)

They're defined, but missing implementation in game.c. I want to overhaul the way that antiwarp, cloak and stealth are handled in the core.
Cheese - Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:11 am
Post subject:
lots of good stuff in there, half the stuff on that list i was sorely missing...
Goldeye - Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:44 pm
Post subject:
Could you detail the changes to balls when you get a chance?
Hakaku - Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:05 pm
Post subject:
Here are all the changesets concerning balls (I'm pretty sure all these changes in akd's trunk were merged in the main one). In sum, Soccer:Sendtime was fixed, ?spawnball/ballinfo/moveball/giveball were added, a ball adviser was added, and log levels were modified.

- adjusted the log levels for some events in game and balls
- correctly initialize balldata.carrier in CleanupAfter callback
- modified CB_BALLFIRE and CB_BALLPICKUP so that they would not fire if advisers actually cancelled the event. added behavior to make a goal automatically scored when an unneuted ball is fired on top of a goal tile, to eliminate a race problem where a ball pickup packet could beat a ball goal packet.
- make sure that stale player pointers do not appear in active powerball "previous" data
- fixing the Soccer:SendTime problem (old patch accidently made code read from Soccer:cfg_sendtime)
lowered the basic ball timer resolution to 25 ticks, changed the default send time to 100 ticks (the old value of 1000 is more than you'd ever want, given experiences lately having it), and the maximum to 500 ticks.

- store previous ball states in ArenaBallData (updated on ball events and PlaceBall only)
- added callback CB_BALLCOUNTCHANGE whenever the ball count is changed
- added A_BALLS adviser to control allowing, redirecting, or blocking ball pickups, ball fires, and ball goals. Also moved CB_GOAL invocation to after the ball is spawned in PGoal.
- overhauled balls.c to behave better when settings are modified, allow more spawn locations, and added the last_update field to struct BallData.
- added ?ballinfo, ?spawnball, ?moveball, and ?giveball. Also made internal balls data regarding freq set to -1 in SpawnBall and PlaceBall to prevent uninit'd values appearing in ?ballinfo
L.C. - Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:02 pm
Post subject:
Win32 version, anyone? biggrin.gif
CypherJF - Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:55 pm
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
Win32 version, anyone? biggrin.gif

I'm also working on that; but, I think I need an updated security.dll.

Quote:

I <cmod> loading C module 'security' from 'security'
E <cmod> error loading module 'security'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'security:security'
asss cannot start. error loading modules.

Dr Brain - Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:40 pm
Post subject:
This is an UNTESTED Win32 binary. I could not get it to work on my machine, possibly due to Windows 7 security and access issues. IT MAY NOT WORK AT ALL! I didn't have time to track down the issue. I just wanted to upload it before I headed off for the holiday vacation.

My symptom, if it helps, was that ASSS was able to start, and load all modules, but was unable to bind to the listening port.

It's labeled 1.5.0rc2, but that's for my benefit in tracking bugs more than anything else. There are a few minor changes from 1.5.0rc1, but nothing especially urgent.
JoWie - Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:41 pm
Post subject:
works for me on windows xp. i have not tested it beyond firing a few shots tho.

I first thought i had the same issue, until i realized my virtual machine was still running and was listening on the same port.
Hakaku - Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Post subject:
I finally took the time to test it. It works well on Vista, no issues so far, and the logging in problem (i.e. security:enc_cont) that was problematic in the former versions also appears to be gone.
Aquarius - Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:52 am
Post subject:
Please correct me.

There's no SVN, no sourceforge, no web-based repository for ASSS at the moment, or at least not up to date with your release.

Why?
JoWie - Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:45 am
Post subject:
http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/
Samapico - Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm
Post subject:
Is this SVN-compatible? If so, what's the exact URL of the repository?
Hakaku - Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:46 pm
Post subject:
Nope, it doesn't use Subversion (SVN), it uses the Mercurial distributed revision control, with the cloning link provided near the top of the page. If you use TortoiseSVN already, you'll find TortoiseHG more or less pretty similar. Personally, I prefer Bitbucket over Sourceforge since it's much better laid out and easier to browse through.
Cheese - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:14 pm
Post subject:
looking back,

it would be really nice for the next version if you could include an interface in the chat core to REMOVE the chat message BEFORE it gets sent to players.

i remember talking to you about this awhile ago, and you said it would only be possible if i hacked apart my chat module...

this way, it breaks ground for perhaps a series of chat rewriters (ex. obscene checker) and other chat based stuff.

example of rewriting, not removing:

user> fuck yo couch
--module---
chat->STOPMSG(this_one);
new.msg = #$(*@ + chat.msg
send new.msg
--players see:---
user> $#*& yo couch

--edit--
example #2:

see voice part of my colors module
Animate Dreams - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 pm
Post subject:
Cheese, you can already do that.
Cheese - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:35 pm
Post subject:
also, why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?

and i would still like to see the flag modules converted to C from py, for those who dont run python with their build.

i might add that i still havnt had a chance to upgrade from 1.4.4 yet =(
Animate Dreams - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
also, why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?

they were
they're just not part of the core because they're useless
Cheese - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm
Post subject:
#1 explain how,

and #2 link or it never happened
Samapico - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 pm
Post subject:
hax0rz

Only ufo would require some kind of particular implementation, as you have to set some ufo bit somewhere; the other 2 can easily be done with a module as they're just the server sending you (super) bogus packets. Bogus ship settings + shipreset for super, and fake player + position packets for mirror.

imo
Cheese - Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Post subject:

Hakaku - Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:27 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
• why were *super, *ufo, and *mirror never implemented in ASSS?
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=6090
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=725
Cheese wrote:
• im noticing a constant was added for fuschia, but was one added for grey? (33)
Nope.
Cheese wrote:
• was ?moveto ever added to core cmds?
Afaik, no, but Smong's ?moveto/autowarp3 modules can be downloaded here.
Cheese wrote:
• convert flag modules from py to C
Or just install python. We went over this one last time :/
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:20 am
Post subject:
If you don't already have python installed, you are already missing out on a lot of asss functionality (and not even necessarily module-wise.) It's really not difficult to use.

By the way, the python integration is only getting better over time (though no one's getting saner for working on it.) I really wouldn't be surprised if there were even more python core modules in the future.

Given how difficult it is to make bindings (let alone automatic bindings) for python, I think it will be a long time before you see any other language supported.
Cheese - Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:35 pm
Post subject:
Grelminar wrote:

*ufo, I tried a long time ago, but couldn't get it to work for some reason. If someone gives me working code for *ufo, I'll add it.

http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=6187

doc, can you add that in?
and maybe as an added bonus, throw in super and mirror for the hell of it?
Dr Brain - Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm
Post subject:
There's no need for ufo to become a core module. It doesn't interact tightly with other core modules, and it's not needed for the operation of any zone.
Samapico - Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:33 pm
Post subject:
I liked the idea of hax0ring the position packets to make other clients believe someone is cloaked even if he is firing... Sure the person itself will not know about it, but it can be arranged easily with some simple LVZ (put a 'cloak ON' image where it would be)
The person could toggle it with stealth, or whatever.

Of course, that has nothing to do with core modules tongue.gif
Cheese - Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:15 am
Post subject:
:C
Mine GO BOOM - Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 pm
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
I liked the idea of hax0ring the position packets to make other clients believe someone is cloaked even if he is firing

As a warning, from what I remember about the cloak packet is that even if you have the cloak flag set to 1 at all times, it will still play the "warp" animation over them as they fire, so you'll see him for the split second he is firing. The UFO flag prevents this animation from playing.
Cheese - Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:20 pm
Post subject:
This is an unmodified copy of Dr Brain's Win32 version, a fully working version, with all text file line endings converted from unix to windows.

I did it so noone else has to.
L.C. - Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
This is an unmodified copy of Dr Brain's Win32 version, a fully working version, with all text file line endings converted from unix to windows.

I did it so noone else has to.
Thanks!
Cheese - Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:08 am
Post subject:
post removed
L.C. - Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:15 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
post removed
???
Cheese - Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 pm
Post subject:
unrelated:

it seems most 1.4.4 modules are incompatible with 1.5, and need to be recompiled from source with 1.5 src to function properly, even with no code modification...
Dr Brain - Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
unrelated:

it seems most 1.4.4 modules are incompatible with 1.5, and need to be recompiled from source with 1.5 src to function properly, even with no code modification...

That's correct. 1.5.0 is incompatible at a binary level for various technical reasons.

I figured a release that breaks some source level compatibility is a good time to fix the oddities in the interfaces.
Cheese - Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 am
Post subject:
that was a good idea, this stuff gets really complicated, really quickly...
i suppose thats a good reason the minor versioning was increased.

major.minor.release.build

personally i would consider this a MAJOR version update, as the code isnt even being written by the same PERSON anymore, and you added a HELL of a lot of good new stuff.
would be cool if we could call this 2.0.0.2, but who the hell am i to suggest anything? :D

next post:

also, out of curiousity, while writing the rpg module awhile ago, i had to get the arena conf value for deathwaittime, then set a timer for that value after getting a kill message to figure out when the player would respawn.

is that how the new CB_RESPAWN works?
or does it perhaps just grab their next pos packet?
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm
Post subject:
Version inflation is bad, and quickly eliminates the usefulness of even keeping track.
1.5 may be incompatible with 1.4, but the underlying modules are the same or very similar. If asss suddenly made you write modules an entirely new way, completely overhauling the very basic concepts, 2.0 would be appropriate.
Cheese - Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:04 pm
Post subject:
oic
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:13 am
Post subject:
CB_SPAWN does use the next position packet, though it gives a window to ignore packets that are obviously lagged (like receiving a valid position within half a second of dying, and more than half a second before respawn time.)

ticks_t Player::last_death
ticks_t Player::next_respawn
are now standard player flags.

Oh and in case it wasn't clear, you have to check the circumstances parameter to know what kind of spawn it is (ship change, ship reset, after death, etc.)
Cheese - Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:08 pm
Post subject:
why are the 'objects', 'watchdamage' and 'messages' modules not active by default?
why are they not even listed or at least just commented in modules.conf?
what other internal modules are there that we dont know about?

is there a ?putconf that works like ?putmap? (so i dont have to trust my developers to use ?cd properly)
is the only way to put an arena.conf in a new arena folder to use ?cd and ?putfile?

is there a way to limit group powers in an arena?
like to allow powers in all arenas except pub/default?

what is prefix_+ (and others)?
how do they work?
is there a suffix_+?

in global.conf, you can add

[Persist]
SyncSeconds=300

to speed/slow the persist syncs, for the next release can we add a capacity for

[Directory]
SyncSeconds=300

so we can speed/slow the directory updates, so the values arent hardcoded?

what does 'compressed map/lvz is bigger than 256k' mean, and why should i be concerned about it? (i thought each file could be 4mb? :S )
Dr Brain - Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:31 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
why are the 'objects', 'watchdamage' and 'messages' modules not active by default?
why are they not even listed or at least just commented in modules.conf?

Because no one put them in there. I wasn't privy to the rationale. Probably just got forgotten. Watchdamage isn't terribly useful, and has a number of problems, though.

Cheese wrote:
what other internal modules are there that we dont know about?

Look in src/ for things you don't know about. They're all there.

Cheese wrote:
is there a ?putconf that works like ?putmap? (so i dont have to trust my developers to use ?cd properly)
is the only way to put an arena.conf in a new arena folder to use ?cd and ?putfile?

I always use ?putfile filename.txt:path/to/filename.txt myself, e.g. ?putfile arena.conf:arenas/(public)/arena.conf. I never use ?cd.

Cheese wrote:
is there a way to limit group powers in an arena?
like to allow powers in all arenas except pub/default?

Sure, just make some extra groups. There are no good ways, though, if that's what you meant.

Cheese wrote:
what is prefix_+ (and others)?
how do they work?
is there a suffix_+?

It allows you to use a + in the front of your name. The fact that you can't get continuum to login with a name with those prefixes sort of limits its usefulness, though.

Cheese wrote:
in global.conf, you can add

[Persist]
SyncSeconds=300

to speed/slow the persist syncs, for the next release can we add a capacity for

[Directory]
SyncSeconds=300

so we can speed/slow the directory updates, so the values arent hardcoded?

No, this is hard coded for a reason. DoS on a directory server wouldn't be pretty. They're fragile enough without careless sysops harassing them.

Cheese wrote:
what does 'compressed map/lvz is bigger than 256k' mean, and why should i be concerned about it? (i thought each file could be 4mb? :S )

There's a limit on what continuum can receive for a map. It's not precisely 256k (extensive testing was never done, as it wasn't deemed necessary), but you know you're close when you get that warning. Weird things happen with maps much larger than that.
Cheese - Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 pm
Post subject:
Dr Brain wrote:

The fact that you can't get continuum to login with a name with those prefixes sort of limits its usefulness, though.

meaning it doesnt work at all?
is it possible to make it a suffix instead? (ex: <ER> <ZH> etc)

Dr Brain wrote:

Sure, just make some extra groups

meaning i need to add an entry in staff.conf for EVERY SINGLE ARENA IN THE ZONE? D:
isnt there some way we can add a "-arena:group" to DISABLE perms?

Dr Brain wrote:

I always use ?putfile filename.txt:path/to/filename.txt myself

i tried to do this first, but got a
W <admincmd> {asdf} [Cheese] couldn't rename file 'tmp/uploaded-a03224' to './arenas/asteroid'
error.
what i think this means:
you can rename files to paths in linux, but not in windows, because it gives an illegal character error instead...
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:26 am
Post subject:
suffix doesn't make sense. the idea of prefix is that it will strip away the prefix characters internally but not to the clients, they will still see it. it doesn't interfere with people's names. you certainly could write a module that would prohibit people from entering on unauthorized names, however.
Dr Brain - Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:40 am
Post subject:
You need to give them one group zone wide, and a different group in that arena (e.g. default)

You need to include the name of the file in the destination. Just the directory isn't good enough.
Cheese - Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 am
Post subject:
in the periodmessage module, would it be possible to specify 0 for the interval to have the message display only once after the delay, and not repeat?
currently, having 0 for interval invalidates the message.

also, could the delay/interval be in seconds instead of minutes?
it allows more precision in the delivery of messages
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:11 am
Post subject:
If you have unusual needs, just modify the module. Or, modify a copy of the module.
Cheese - Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm
Post subject:
but what if many other ppl have the same 'unusual' needs as i? =/

youre meaning to tell me you have never once had the desire to have a periodic message display only once?
Hakaku - Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:18 pm
Post subject:
What's the purpose of a periodic message if it's not periodically displayed? tongue.gif
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:12 pm
Post subject:
Periodic message timings are from when the arena is created, not from when the player enters the zone. So, I'd think it'd be relatively useless to have it display once.

On the other hand, if that's what you want, then specifying a very large number such as 1 billion would tide you over until the year 3911 AD.
Cheese - Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:49 pm
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:
What's the purpose of a periodic message if it's not periodically displayed? tongue.gif

touche~

it particularly useful when a user enters (creation) then maybe shoots a few bombs and leaves (destruction). You could then use this as an extended greet message, to display extended rules or w/e.

i suppose you win this time, Brain!
~twirls moustache and cackles~

--edit--
Cheese wrote:
also, could the delay/interval be in seconds instead of minutes?
it allows more precision in the delivery of messages

what about this?
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:08 pm
Post subject:
What about it? We could make it be specified down to the millisecond, but I don't see how that'd be any more useful than to the minute. This is especially true when you consider that it's based on arena creation, not player entrance.

They're general informational messages. If you're looking to do something more, you should make a new module.
L.C. - Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:33 pm
Post subject:
For periodic messages, seconds are way more practical than milliseconds or minutes. Seriously.
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 pm
Post subject:
Why? I've been a zone operator for almost 10 years, and I've never once thought it'd be nice to have finer resolution than 1 minute on my periodic messages. What are you doing that you need seconds? I can't take this request seriously until I have an example.
Cheese - Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
You could then use this as an extended greet message, to display extended rules or w/e.

with something this easy to implement, what reason could you have to reject having better precision?
--edit: i would even be willing to write this stuff FOR you

also, while we are on the topic, does asss currently support the little-known subgame feature where adding * in front of the msg makes it zone-wide?
--edit: looked, no it doesnt
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:04 pm
Post subject:
It wouldn't work for rules, since as I've already stated, it's not relative to when the players enter.

If you're willing to write it, why are you trying to convince me that it's necessary?
Cheese - Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:44 pm
Post subject:
because it isnt about what i think i need, its about what i think other people need.

a lot of the people who will be using this software to run zones will have no idea how to write modules, or even how to find those written by others.
which is the reason that the work you do is far more important than i or anyone else does.

ex
more lines of text have been written in this message than the lines of code needed to fix every change listed
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:05 am
Post subject:
It's not like only Brain can write code for asss core...

This is pretty trivial in the scheme of things. Submit a patch to the existing module. Brain should worry about the heavy duty stuff.
Samapico - Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 am
Post subject:
Wouldn't that be a greet message? tongue.gif
KrynetiX - Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 pm
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
Wouldn't that be a greet message? tongue.gif

Yea.. tongue.gif

And I also can't think of any possible use of seconds for periodic messages.. If I came into a zone and their periodic messages were sent every 59 seconds I would either leave or hit esc-F5.. They're general messages.. Periodic... Every now and then.. Why am I defining a simple word..?
L.C. - Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:20 pm
Post subject:
If the unit is in minutes, you can only specify by minutes. What if I wanted a message to display every 1.5 minutes? Can I use decimals?
Dr Brain - Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:48 pm
Post subject:
*have* you ever wanted to display a message every 90 seconds? I never have, and I've been a zone op for a long time. Even so, is it worth the hassle of breaking backwards compatibility for every zone? No. Use 2 minutes, and you players will be happier anyway.
Samapico - Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:05 pm
Post subject:
Go AFK for 15 minutes and your screen is spammed with green crap. How fun.

Anything shorter than 10 minutes is just annoying as hell.
L.C. - Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:45 pm
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
Go AFK for 15 minutes and your screen is spammed with green crap. How fun.

Anything shorter than 10 minutes is just annoying as hell.
Why not just up it to hours from minutes? I think anything less than an hour is SPAM. tongue.gif

Down with "minutes" unit.
Cheese - Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:45 am
Post subject:
or perhaps i dont like green messages, so ill up the interval to years so i can get my green 'happy birthday' and 'merry xmas' messages
Samapico - Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:02 am
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
[..]

Why not just up it to hours from minutes? I think anything less than an hour is SPAM. tongue.gif

Down with "minutes" unit.
That wasn't a serious argument, right?
Mine GO BOOM - Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm
Post subject:
I've been running zones a very long time, and I realize the need for microsecond accuracy with periodic messages. If my message isn't repeated every 32 minutes, 15 seconds, and 823 microseconds, I will be insanely pissed.

Also, I like the color blue, so we should go with that.
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 pm
Post subject:
Lag must piss you off a lot.
L.C. - Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:19 pm
Post subject:
Mine GO BOOM wrote:
I've been running zones a very long time, and I realize the need for microsecond accuracy with periodic messages. If my message isn't repeated every 32 minutes, 15 seconds, and 823 microseconds, I will be insanely pissed.

Also, I like the color blue, so we should go with that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time
Quote:
Time is part of the measuring system used to sequence events, to compare the durations of events and the intervals between them, and to quantify the motions of objects. Time has been a major subject of religion, philosophy, and science, but defining it in a non-controversial manner applicable to all fields of study has consistently eluded the greatest scholars.

Time is one of the seven fundamental physical quantities in the International System of Units. Time is used to define other quantities ? such as velocity ? so defining time in terms of such quantities would result in circularity of definition.[1] An operational definition of time, wherein one says that observing a certain number of repetitions of one or another standard cyclical event (such as the passage of a free-swinging pendulum) constitutes one standard unit such as the second, is highly useful in the conduct of both advanced experiments and everyday affairs of life. The operational definition leaves aside the question whether there is something called time, apart from the counting activity just mentioned, that flows and that can be measured. Investigations of a single continuum called spacetime bring questions about space into questions about time, questions that have their roots in the works of early students of natural philosophy.

Among prominent philosophers, there are two distinct viewpoints on time. One view is that time is part of the fundamental structure of the universe, a dimension in which events occur in sequence. Time travel, in this view, becomes a possibility as other "times" persist like frames of a film strip, spread out across the time line. Sir Isaac Newton subscribed to this realist view, and hence it is sometimes referred to as Newtonian time.[2][3] The opposing view is that time does not refer to any kind of "container" that events and objects "move through", nor to any entity that "flows", but that it is instead part of a fundamental intellectual structure (together with space and number) within which humans sequence and compare events. This second view, in the tradition of Gottfried Leibniz[4] and Immanuel Kant,[5][6] holds that time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be travelled.

Temporal measurement has occupied scientists and technologists, and was a prime motivation in navigation and astronomy. Periodic events and periodic motion have long served as standards for units of time. Examples include the apparent motion of the sun across the sky, the phases of the moon, the swing of a pendulum, and the beat of a heart. Currently, the international unit of time, the second, is defined in terms of radiation emitted by caesium atoms (see below). Time is also of significant social importance, having economic value ("time is money") as well as personal value, due to an awareness of the limited time in each day and in human life spans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second
Quote:
The second (SI symbol: s), sometimes abbreviated sec., is the name of a unit of time, and is the International System of Units (SI) base unit of time. It may be measured using a clock.

Early definitions of the second were based on the motion of the earth: 24 hours in a day meant that the second could be defined as 1⁄86  400 of the average time required for the earth to complete one rotation about its axis. However, nineteenth- and twentieth-century astronomical observations revealed that this average time is lengthening, and thus the motion of the earth is no longer considered a suitable standard for definition. With the advent of atomic clocks, it became feasible to define the second based on fundamental properties of nature. Since 1967, the second has been defined to be

the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.[1]

SI prefixes are frequently combined with the word second to denote subdivisions of the second, e.g., the millisecond (one thousandth of a second), the microsecond (one millionth of a second), and the nanosecond (one billionth of a second). Though SI prefixes may also be used to form multiples of the second such as kilosecond (one thousand seconds), such units are rarely used in practice. The more common larger non-SI units of time are not formed by powers of ten; instead, the second is multiplied by 60 to form a minute, which is multiplied by 60 to form an hour, which is multiplied by 24 to form a day.

The second was also the base unit of time in the centimetre-gram-second, metre-kilogram-second, metre-tonne-second, and foot-pound-second systems of units.

Sir, "minute" is not an SI Unit, whereas "second" is. SI Units / Metric > *

Why not be logical and ethical? biggrin.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh oh! And get this: Wolfram Alpha computational search engine even says second is the standard unit for time measurement. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=units+of+time

Also, why are "seconds" the standard base unit for DNS zone files? (That is what they are by default if you do not specify a unit following your value, such as h, w, d, or m.) Yet, who the fghwds needs expirations and TTLs of 1 second? Huh?

And just out of curiosity (not for argumentative purposes), are there any games out there that actually use "minute" as a standard unit of time measurement for triggers, delays, durations, etc?

EDIT: Fun read @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time (aka unix epoc)
Samapico - Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:11 am
Post subject:
How many seconds lasts a year?

See, seconds aren't always relevant tongue.gif

Lots of things are specified in minutes... Autosaves in programs, afk delay in Live Messenger, etc...

Also:

Cheese - Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 am
Post subject:
I would like to propose a slogan for ASSS to use.

Quote:

ASSS:
Nothing is impossible.

would be interesting for it to have a logo too.
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 am
Post subject:
Nothing is impossible...unless you need to change the client.
Cheese - Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 am
Post subject:
also, created this wiki page:
http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Writing_Advanced_Modules_In_C

its hard to learn to write this stuff, and the wiki is very low detail.
I hope someone who knows what theyre doing will take the time to fill this in.
divine.216 - Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:22 am
Post subject:
Quote:

"ASSS: Nothing is impossible."

"its hard to learn to write this stuff"

These are related . . .
L.C. - Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 am
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
How many seconds lasts a year?

See, seconds aren't always relevant tongue.gif

Lots of things are specified in minutes... Autosaves in programs, afk delay in Live Messenger, etc...

Also:
Okay -- I will give you that ... for Counter-Strike/Source ... HOWEVER I am pretty sure you can use decimals on that, whereas ASSS/Continuum will not allow that. icon_wink.gif Even by this CS/S is one step ahead.

Another thing to note about that is that that server interface was designed for newbies in mind (including the base units). Compare this to the more highend, more advanced, and more flexible software out there (DNS zones, Unix, etc). They all use seconds or some SI unit as a standard base unit, no? ASSS is supposed to be the "advanced" higher-upper for SS Serverware, no? Seconds are more flexible than minutes, yes, and I also agree that minutes are more appropriate -- but that means less flexibility.

Otherwise why don't we just go and find everything in the game to completely rewrite/convert to a different "more appropriate" unit? I am sure there are a bunch of stuff we can do. And while we are on this topic, why are messages like ?lag, ?ping (one of these two don't exist in ASSS I think), ?usage, etc not written with proper grammar or consistency to Subgame2/Subspace? And where is ?owner? And and ...

But still -- why don't DNS zone files use a different base unit than seconds? And the other questions I brought up. Hmm?

And yes, I suppose I am complaining too. Though I don't really care one way or another -- I am just arguing the "ethics" (if you please) and external characteristics of the situation/product. I am also aware that ASSS is fueled by hobby and self-interest motivation, and not necessarily to "make a product" that is marketable.

(FYI if you wanted to market ASSS, you have to realize that the chances of someone being able to do both sides of the spectrum as far as programming/engineering/mathematics/language logic/mindset around this area versus marketing/first-impression/outside looks/product appeal/etc are very rare. A marketer will not care how you do the insides of the product as long as the outside is marketable.) (This paragraph means nothing based on the paragraph previous to this.)

EDIT: I was thinking of erasing the last two, possibly four paragraphs, but I decided I might as well state my opinion. Please do not take this personally or offensively; ultimately I can't tell anyone what to do, but [based on the system imposed] do it myself.
Cheese - Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:53 am
Post subject:
your thoughts are justified, therefore no apology is necessary or tolerable.
Samapico - Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 pm
Post subject:
The main problem, as stated before, is the complete lost of backward compatibility. Though ASSS could probably understand fractions of minutes without loss of compatibility... But again, it's not a priority.

The syntax/capitalization thing in ?lag, ?usage and other such commands , were fixed I think. I honestly have no idea, but I think these were one the first things suggested when ASSS 1.5 was first discussed, so I assume they are fixed tongue.gif
Dr Brain - Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:19 pm
Post subject:
LC, the SI unit of length is the meter, but I'm not about to go and change all the pixel based settings.

If someone wants to submit a patch, I'll take it. If you want this, program it or shut up.
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Post subject:
I will totally submit a patch to convert inputs of yards and yards/second to pixels and px/10s.
Cheese - Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
meaning i need to add an entry in staff.conf for EVERY SINGLE ARENA IN THE ZONE? D:
isnt there some way we can add a "-arena:group" to DISABLE perms?

Dr Brain wrote:
You need to give them one group zone wide, and a different group in that arena (e.g. default)

tried this, no luck

if Person is in GroupA in [(global)] and GroupB in [(default)] they are still in GroupA
However, if they are in [place] as GroupC, it will work.
--edit: it looks like capman doesnt even look at default arena

i have a staffer i need to limit, this is a pain in the butt.

also interestingly, me as a higher_than_sysop can not ?kick a mod?
'You don't have permission to use ?kick on that player.'
--edit: still not used to asss: higher_than_sysop is -NOT- higher_than_<group>
Hakaku - Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:10 am
Post subject:
Quote:
if Person is in GroupA in [(global)] and GroupB in [(default)] they are still in GroupA
However, if they are in [place] as GroupC, it will work.

You're doing it wrong.

[(global)]
Bob = mod

[myarena]
Bob = default

Quote:
also interestingly, me as a higher_than_sysop can not ?kick a mod?
'You don't have permission to use ?kick on that player.'

You need to add the attribute higher_than_groupnamehere to be able to kick someone of that group. By default, ASSS has it so that sysop>smod>mod>default; a mod can't kick another mod out, but they can kick a regular player out. You won't be able to kick a mod without the respective higher_than_mod attribute, which stems from the fact that you didn't #include its respective file in the groupdef.conf file, whereas the sysop group does.
Cheese - Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:43 am
Post subject:
thats another good paraphrasing
for some reason i was having trouble with higher_than_x, and it required both the kicker and the kickee to relog to fix for some reason.

also, in playercmd.c in the listmod command, the (%s) is not aligned properly, its only +1 space right.

and im noticing that with things like ?putmap that write to a file that they insert PHRASE\n\n instead of \n\nPHRASE, which results in

LASTPHRASE;PHRASE\n\n

instead of

LASTPHRASE;

PHRASE

if your file did not have extra unnecessary linebreaks.

and as for the capman, it never checks.
the things that subgame had that asss also needs to have is a group for the DEFAULT subarena, as well as a group for ALL NONDEFAULT (defined, nonspecific) subarenas.

because right now, theres no way to have someone with powers everywhere except pub and default without them having no power at all...
Hakaku - Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:01 pm
Post subject:
I haven't tested this, but it should be:

[(global)]
Bob = mod

[(public)]
Bob = default

[(default)]
Bob = default

Edit: Confirmed and it works.
Cheese - Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:04 pm
Post subject:
im curious how you tested something that doesnt exist successfully.

heres a real test:

;staff.conf:

[(global)]
Cheese! = a

[(public)]
Cheese! = b

[(default)]
Cheese! = c

[cz]
Cheese! = d

;from chat:

;Cheese!> ?go
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!          0          b
;Cheese!> ?go asdf (default)
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!       asdf          a
;Cheese!> ?go wtf (existing)
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!        wtf          a
;Cheese!> ?go cz (specified)
   Cheese!> ?listmod
:              Cheese!         cz          d

i dont see group c anywhere, do you?
its because it isnt.

additionally, heres the 3 line patch to the periodic messages.
this converts the delay and interval into seconds, and allows a 0 interval for a single message.
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:12 pm
Post subject:
I don't think you can assign things to the (default) arena. That's what (global) is for.
Dr Brain - Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Post subject:
When I said submit a patch, I meant one that doesn't divide by zero. Also, it has to be backwards compatible, which yours is not.
L.C. - Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:23 pm
Post subject:
Dr Brain wrote:
When I said submit a patch, I meant one that doesn't divide by zero. Also, it has to be backwards compatible, which yours is not.
Assuming that current values have no unit tied to them (ie. 30, 60, 120) and are in minutes, how is it possible to make it backwards compatible?

@Cheese
Shouldn't a value of 0 disable the message altogether (would be the same as having no value/string at all for periodic message)? Would be useful in that one could "disable" a periodic message without erasing the message, and using the field as a temporary string storage...
Dr Brain - Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:37 pm
Post subject:
I can think of three acceptable ways of doing it in a backwards compatible way without even straining my brain. Decimals, putting a suffix on the time, or using a completely separate config entry. There are surely other methods.
Cheese - Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm
Post subject:
does 5 % 0 count as dividing by zero?
i thought it just returned 0 :S

edit:
also, i was meaning to put 'untested' in the description
config entry would definitely be the easiest way to go

also, 0 interval cancels timer after it is run,
and 0 delay cancels timer before it is run, which is quite useless

@arnk, wouldnt default be treated just like any other subarena?
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:12 pm
Post subject:
Pretty sure the idea behind (default)/arena.conf is more to be the conf that's used when arenaname/ does not exist, instead of being an actual arena. For example, I believe arena->basename for a default arena will not be (default), even though it's using (default)'s arena.conf. (To contrast, public arena's basename is (public).) I could be wrong though, I've never tried to use (default) like you are.
Cheese - Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm
Post subject:
you would be more interested if your staff overwrote your default map every 30 seconds...
icon_rolleyes.gif
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:11 pm
Post subject:
No need to be snarky, I was just stating the facts.

?putmap is a devil, I would recommend never using it or allowing it, period. There are much better ways to organize maps, and ?putmap forces one not particularly appealing way. In any case there should probably be capabilities to modify the default arena. Write up an issue for it?
L.C. - Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:11 pm
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
The main problem, as stated before, is the complete lost of backward compatibility. Though ASSS could probably understand fractions of minutes without loss of compatibility... But again, it's not a priority.

The syntax/capitalization thing in ?lag, ?usage and other such commands , were fixed I think. I honestly have no idea, but I think these were one the first things suggested when ASSS 1.5 was first discussed, so I assume they are fixed tongue.gif
   if (!strstr(params, "-v"))
   {
      chat->SendMessage(p,
            "%s: avg ping: %d  ploss: s2c: %.2f c2s: %.2f",
            prefix, avg, 100.0*ploss.s2c, 100.0*ploss.c2s);
   }
   else
   {
      struct ReliableLagData rlag;
      ticks_t tm = TICK_DIFF(current_ticks(), t->connecttime);

lagq->QueryRelLag(t, &rlag);

chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: s2c ping: %d %d (%d-%d) (reported by client)",
            prefix, cping.cur, cping.avg, cping.min, cping.max);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: c2s ping: %d %d (%d-%d) (from position pkt times)",
            prefix, pping.cur, pping.avg, pping.min, pping.max);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: rel ping: %d %d (%d-%d) (reliable ping)",
            prefix, rping.cur, rping.avg, rping.min, rping.max);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: effective ping: %d (average of above)",
            prefix, avg);

chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: ploss: s2c: %.2f c2s: %.2f s2cwpn: %.2f",
            prefix, 100.0*ploss.s2c, 100.0*ploss.c2s, 100.0*ploss.s2cwpn);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: reliable dups: %.2f%%  reliable resends: %.2f%%",
            prefix, 100.0*(double)rlag.reldups/(double)rlag.c2sn,
            100.0*(double)rlag.retries/(double)rlag.s2cn);
      chat->SendMessage(p, "%s: s2c slow: %d/%d  s2c fast: %d/%d",
            prefix, cping.s2cslowcurrent, cping.s2cslowtotal,
            cping.s2cfastcurrent, cping.s2cfasttotal);
      do_common_bw_stuff(p, t, tm, prefix, FALSE);
   }
Doesn't look "fixed" to me. biggrin.gif sgcompat has it correct though:
local void Csg_info(const char *tc, const char *params, Player *p, const Target *target)
{
   struct PingSummary pping, cping, rping;
   struct PLossSummary ploss;
   struct net_client_stats stats;
   ticks_t tm;
   Player *t = target->type == T_PLAYER ? target->u.p : p;

tm = TICK_DIFF(current_ticks(), t->connecttime);
   if (IS_STANDARD(t))
      net->GetClientStats(t, &stats);
   else
      memset(&stats, 0, sizeof(stats));
   lagq->QueryPPing(t, &pping);
   lagq->QueryCPing(t, &cping);
   lagq->QueryRPing(t, &rping);
   lagq->QueryPLoss(t, &ploss);

chat->SendMessage(p,
         "IP:%s  TimeZoneBias:%d  Freq:%d  TypedName:%s  Demo:0  MachineId:%d",
         t->ipaddr,
         /* FIXME: get tz */
         t->p_freq,
         /* FIXME: make this _typed_ name */
         t->name,
         t->macid);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "Ping:%dms  LowPing:%dms  HighPing:%dms  AvePing:%dms",
         AVG_PING(cur), AVG_PING(min), AVG_PING(max), AVG_PING(avg));
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "LOSS: S2C:%.1f%%  C2S:%.1f%%  S2CWeapons:%.1f%%  S2C_RelOut:%d(%d)",
         100.0*ploss.s2c, 100.0*ploss.c2s, 100.0*ploss.s2cwpn,
         /* FIXME: get this data: unacked rels, s2c seqnum */
         0, 0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "S2C:%d-->%d  C2S:%d-->%d",
         0, 0, 0, 0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "C2S CURRENT: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%   TOTAL: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%",
         0, 0, 0.0, 0, 0, 0.0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "S2C CURRENT: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%   TOTAL: Slow:%d Fast:%d %.1f%%",
         cping.s2cslowcurrent, cping.s2cfastcurrent, 0.0,
         cping.s2cslowtotal, cping.s2cfasttotal, 0.0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "TIME: Session:%5d:%02d:%02d  Total:%5d:%02d:%02d  Created: %d-%d-%d %02d:%02d:%02d",
         tm / 3600, (tm / 60) % 60, tm % 60,
         /* FIXME: get this data */
         0, 0, 0,
         0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
   chat->SendMessage(p,
         "Bytes/Sec:%u  LowBandwidth:%d  MessageLogging:%d  ConnectType:%s",
         tm ? stats.bytesent / tm : 0, 0, 0, "Unknown");
}

Also, does anyone else find ?gamerecord to be broken?
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:45 pm
Post subject:
Yes. I has forgotten to push a fix for that. The solution is to #pragma pack(1) in record.c.

Any replays created since the problem started and without the fix will be incompatible with this fix. Any replays created before the problem started will be broken before the fix but fixed after it. If you absolutely need to access replays made during the broken stuff, create an alternate module with alternate commands and no pack(1). This is HZ's solution since we had been running tip for several months and made almost a seasons worth of broken replays.
Cheese - Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 am
Post subject:
did you know that the code for ?door, which ASSS has not had for YEARS, was literally 4 lines long?
I wrote more text for the helptext than i did for the actual implementation.

successfully tested.
its really only a wrapper anyways, if anyone wants the code, pm me ingame...

also, i revamped the hell out of smongs moveto command (ex: can now force speeds/rotations on target), and will be releasing it shortly with my secret project (will revolutionize asss zones), along with other shiny objects (like ?door). :P
Samapico - Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:39 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
did you know that the code for ?door, which ASSS has not had for YEARS, was literally 4 lines long?
I wrote more text for the helptext than i did for the actual implementation.

successfully tested.
its really only a wrapper anyways, if anyone wants the code, pm me ingame...

also, i revamped the hell out of smongs moveto command (ex: can now force speeds/rotations on target), and will be releasing it shortly with my secret project (will revolutionize asss zones), along with other shiny objects (like ?door). tongue.gif
That sounds awesome... So you could have a callback when a door open or closes?
D1st0rt - Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:31 am
Post subject:
If you're using specific door settings (not random) you can use AA_CONFCHANGED
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:02 pm
Post subject:
Yeah.. ?door has been around forever, just not in asss core.. 8)

Also, no to AA_CONFCHANGED, overrides are much faster than use cfg->SetInt, you shouldn't use SetInt to change any client settings, especially if you care about how fast it goes through.
Cheese - Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm
Post subject:
yeah, ive been planning to make an interface for every useful thing like moveto and door, but i havnt decided whether im going to make seperate interfaces or just chuck them all into one
Cheese - Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:23 am
Post subject:
a problem in my list which is too important to wait:

there is currently no way to write an unmolested string to a config file.
its very nice that you can write blah:meh in the first field and leave the second field NULL, but it still has to be tied to a value, meaning a "= 1" will be tacked onto it.

this is important because being able to write "#include file.conf" to a config file is good to have. (edit: OR a comment OR a carriage return)

edit:
i suppose an easy fix to this would be to remove the 'else return' statement, and have dirty check if str is null before writing "="

edit2:
this will also fix the nuisance of having EVERY quickfix value getting its own comment and 3 newlines by letting the command write one and stack all with no info

edit3:
it also seems that the SetStr is currently incapable of writing consecutive lines such as:
A
B
C
and is only capable of:
A

B

C
Cheese - Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Post subject:
another problem that cant wait:

a player that doesnt send data for awhile gets automatically disconnected.
this is good.

however, there needs to be some sort of interface to temporarily stop this from happening. (or something)
the reason for this is that when a player recieves the zone news and decides to read it, OR when they decide to fill out the biller registration form, they are ALSO automatically disconnected.
this is bad.

if anyone would like a demonstration, simply visit my zone and try either.
footnote: i have long known about this with the zone news, but now that i am on a biller, it is now too annoying to overlook, because people will try to fill out the form.

additionally, i suspect THIS was never fixed...
Dr Brain - Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:16 pm
Post subject:
This isn't the thread for your misc problems. File a bug report http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/issues if it's a bug. Make a new thread if it's a comment, or post in one of your other dozen threads.
Cheese - Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am
Post subject:
also dr, you should check out http://www.adrianxw.dk/SoftwareSite/Consoles/Consoles1.html
the entire series, especially the part about colors...
you can pimp out the windows console, like colored console log messages for example...
Samapico - Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 am
Post subject:
Colored log messages in the console would mess up log files (if I remember right, the color tags were actually characters, but maybe not)

I made a console minesweeper game with colored ASCII characters a while ago
D1st0rt - Wed May 26, 2010 11:20 pm
Post subject:
I wonder if there are any syntax files for vi or similar editor that already work on colorizing asss logs, or if one would have to be made.
Samapico - Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm
Post subject:
Having just experienced ASSS for the first time, I must say it was much easier than I thought to set up... Only had some trouble finding the right files and links, since some links here are dead, and the files section at SSGN only had the linux version (that's fixed now).

Question: Why is 'directory' not loaded by default? Spent a while trying to figure out why my zone didn't show up on directory servers... This should definitely be loaded out-of-the-box.

... I thought I had something else to say, I think I forgot.

I'm now officially ASSS-capable. icon_razz.gif
Dr Brain - Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:59 am
Post subject:
Most people don't want their test zones to become public, so having the directory server commented out is reasonable.

On the other hand, there probably should be a note of that fact in the supplied global.conf.
Samapico - Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:12 am
Post subject:
Dr Brain wrote:
Most people don't want their test zones to become public, so having the directory server commented out is reasonable.

On the other hand, there probably should be a note of that fact in the supplied global.conf.
That would be reasonable indeed icon_smile.gif

Oh, another thing I noticed is, why isn't the userguide.pdf with the install package? The readme (if I remember correctly) tells you to check the userguide, but you have no idea of knowing where to get it.

Ok, the readme points to 'http://sscx.net/asss/userguide.html' , which is yet another dead link to the userguide
Which is why including the pdf would make things easier, imo tongue.gif
Cheese - Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:02 pm
Post subject:
the userguide is now a little outdated, and he was wanting to write a new one...
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 am
Post subject:
Is there an example about using advisers somewhere?
Cheese - Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 am
Post subject:
noone except brain knows anything about them atm.

if anyone knows anything about it, feel free to put it in http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Writing_Advanced_Modules_In_C

ive been meaning to fill in 'Passing Data To Timers' and 'Passing Multiple Arguments To Commands '
Dr Brain - Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:13 am
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
Is there an example about using advisers somewhere?

It depends on which adviser you're looking to use. The freqman enforcer advisers are demonstrated in the enf_*.c files.
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 am
Post subject:
wth I was searching for something like RegAdviser and didn't find it... but now I did... oh well. Got it.
Thanks
Hakaku - Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 am
Post subject:
http://bitbucket.org/grelminar/asss/wiki/Adviser
Samapico - Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 am
Post subject:
What? Another ASSS wiki?!?!?
Cheese - Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm
Post subject:
another thing i would like is command aliasing
kind of like what mervbot used to have

for example:

?a is typed, and a ?hello module command activates instead
?arena is typed, and the REAL ?a activates

i think asss already has this (ala sgcompat), but if a command exists already it will always activate
Dr Brain - Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:46 pm
Post subject:
Yeah, asss can't easily do any command routing or rewriting at the moment. It's a feature I've always wanted but never gotten around to implementing.
Cheese - Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:20 pm
Post subject:
bump
fatrolls - Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:43 am
Post subject:
Didn't feel like making a whole topic for this but when I use in settings

[Periodic]
RewardDelay=2000
RewardMinimumPlayers=1
RewardPoints=1000

Why do I receive

Reward: 0 points

I know the points are based on how much flags your team has but why even send 0's if you have no flags?

Any way to fix this in the settings or is this a ASSS thing?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also a new bug, when I score a goal in a blue goal it says Enemy Goal! on my own freq and I get no points, seems like a settings problem maybe?

Enemy Goal! fixed it was missing a setting MinTeams

[Soccer]
MinTeams=1

Hakaku - Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:45 pm
Post subject:
fatrolls wrote:
Why do I receive

Reward: 0 points

I know the points are based on how much flags your team has but why even send 0's if you have no flags?

Any way to fix this in the settings or is this a ASSS thing?

This was fixed in 1.5.0, though you have to add the following pointless setting:

[Periodic]
SendZeroRewards = 0
All times are -5 GMT
View topic