Server Help

Bot Questions - Cant get 8ball.dll to work

Louis - Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Post subject: Cant get 8ball.dll to work
okay, im running a bot for devastation, when i go into the zone i type !load 8ball.dll and then i type !8ball_on then it says !8ball is online, but when i type !8ball am i gay, or !8ball <do i suck> i dont get any response, my bot has Mod powers but in deva it uses a different biller i wanna say? i cant remember i havent been around in awhile but instead of *arena its .z to send an arena msg, do u think this is messing it up? thx any help is appreciated
JoWie - Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 pm
Post subject:
It looks like devastation has sgcompat loaded, so it should work.
Are you sure your bot shows up on ?listmod
(I would also make sure your bot has bypasssecurity, but that should not affect arena msgs)
Louis - Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:45 pm
Post subject:
yeah it has mod power's hakaku set it up for me, when i type ?listmod it says Louis_ss - Mod and SSBob - Bot, i dont know why its listed as bot, but he said it has mod powers, also i didnt have any trouble with the bounty rabbit plugin or the elim one, so thats got me wondering why this one? it seems like a fairly easy plugin. hmm. i tested to make sure its mod, by typing !speak .z hello and it sent an arena message of "Hello" - SSbob, i think the zone uses ASSS
Samapico - Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:38 pm
Post subject:
Yeah that's ASSS.
Can you check the bot's terminal to see if it receives the messages?
And make sure you PRIVATE message the bot... sometimes (often) it ignores public commands.
Hakaku - Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm
Post subject:
I'll be on in a few hours, you can show me the problem. The reason why it's listed in bot is so that it doesn't get silenced and so asss stops spamming me nuisance of security messages (it's essentially the exact same thing as mod though).

The fact that 8ball is the only plugin that doesn't work, means that the issue is with the plugin itself. Have you tried recompiling it?
Louis - Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:02 pm
Post subject:
hey hak, I recompiled it, it still does the same thing, ill add you as highest level op too if you wanna mess with it, if it doesnt work no biggie its only the 8ball plugin, the rabbit and elim works so
Hakaku - Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:56 pm
Post subject:
What about the version straight out of the box? I tested the 8ball plugin that came off http://www.mervbot.com with my own mervbot and it worked perfectly fine.
Louis - Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:33 am
Post subject:
thats where i got it, do you type !8ball_on, then it says its online, and when i type !8ball question no response, oh well man, any other nifty plugins i shud use
Bak - Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:26 pm
Post subject:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=7055
Samapico - Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 pm
Post subject:
-nevermind-
Hakaku - Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 pm
Post subject:
Bak, you do know this is a bot forum right? He's looking for Mervbot plugins, whether in C++ or C#.
Bak - Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 pm
Post subject:
sounds like he's using asss though
CypherJF - Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:45 pm
Post subject:
What's going on here? I wrote the 8ball plugin many, many years ago... You're saying it doesn't work with ASSS with sgcompat loaded?
Hakaku - Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:02 am
Post subject:
CypherJF wrote:
What's going on here? I wrote the 8ball plugin many, many years ago... You're saying it doesn't work with ASSS with sgcompat loaded?

No, because it works fine on Devastation's Mervbot, so that's definitely not the issue. Something's just wrong with his bot for whatever reason.
CypherJF - Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:
[..]

No, because it works fine on Devastation's Mervbot, so that's definitely not the issue. Something's just wrong with his bot for whatever reason.

Ah, good. icon_smile.gif
All times are -5 GMT
View topic