Server Help

ASSS Questions - ASSS Documentation

Dr Brain - Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:51 pm
Post subject: ASSS Documentation
I'm looking for someone to maintain the ASSS documentation. Specifically the user guide and command lists. They've been neglected over the years and are now horribly out of date.

If anyone is interested, let me know.
Cheese - Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:37 pm
Post subject:
i might, but not any time in the next 2-3 weeks
Anonymous - Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:53 pm
Post subject:
Is there an API of interfaces and data structures?

I've just started using ASSS over the last few days and can't find anything like that stuff unless I search thru the c files.
Dr Brain - Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm
Post subject:
I know there is doxygen markup through the whole core source. I've never personally used doxygen, so I don't know how to generate its output. You might take a look at their docs and see if you can get it to work.
Anonymous - Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:48 pm
Post subject:
Doxygen is at the site below. Its kind of outdated, when I first saw it I thought it was pretty bad documentation system (compared to javadoc, and others) but it seems ok.

http://mirror.playsubspace.com/asss.yi.org/asss/doxygen/html/

P.S You are awesome dr brain icon_smile.gif
Hakaku - Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:14 pm
Post subject:
Attached below is an updated output of asss 1.4.4 using the latest version of doxygen (1.6.1). I've also included both the LaTeX and rtf versions.

Note: Windows users will probably have to read the rtf document using Word.
CypherJF - Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:50 pm
Post subject:
As much as people hate it; is it possible to generate a PDF?

I tried opening the RTF in OpenOffice; but, it was a no-go. Lots of extra gibberish.
Hakaku - Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:48 pm
Post subject:
CypherJF wrote:
As much as people hate it; is it possible to generate a PDF?

I tried opening the RTF in OpenOffice; but, it was a no-go. Lots of extra gibberish.

Like I said, open it up in Word. Not OpenOffice, not WordPad, Word. That, plus I can't convert from either Word or LaTeX, or else I would have done it (if you have the option though, choose from LaTeX). I'm sure you can find a converter online, or stick with the html version which is by far much much better.

Also note that there are only about 18 files on ~60 in ASSS configured for doxygen, so lots of stuff remains missing.
Samapico - Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:45 pm
Post subject:
Get a PDF printer tongue.gif
CypherJF - Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:02 pm
Post subject:
Samapico wrote:
Get a PDF printer tongue.gif
Ya ya, just wondered if doxygen had native pdf support; surprising it doesn't. I'm not saying that the HTML output isn't preferred; just more or less curious.
Hakaku - Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 pm
Post subject:
Hmm, I missed out on a feature. Here's a full version with all entities, rather than just documented entities. Which means all callbacks, defines, and whatnots are included. HTML only this time.
Aquarius - Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:48 pm
Post subject:
i love latex
All times are -5 GMT
View topic