Server Help

Misc User Apps - Central 1.0 (your new distributed directory server)

Doc Flabby - Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 pm
Post subject: Central 1.0 (your new distributed directory server)
Tested on these Platforms (please test and report back icon_smile.gif
-----------
Windows 2003
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Centos 5 (mono 1.2)

Please note its currently a tad unstable running on mono/linux and seems to crash occasionally for no apparent reason...i suspect its because my version of mono is very old (1.2) Rock solid on windows on both MS .net and mono though which is slighly confusing...

Currently live at ssdir.playsubspace.com

I created this basically because im sick of CatId's server crashing everytime we seem to get to a certain number of active subspace zones.

Quote:

About Central
-------------

Central is a Subspace directory server.
It is designed to emulate much of the behavoir of CatId's directory.

Getting started
---------------
Windows
Install .net 2.0 or above (http://microsoft.com)
or install mono
(http://go-mono.com)

Linux
You need to install mono (http://go-mono.com)

Edit Central.config to suit your requirements

If you are using mono, type

mono Central.exe

to start the program (just like running any other mono program)

Other information
-----------------
You need UDP ports 4990 and 4991 open on your firewall to enable zones and clients to connect

edit: fixed a 100% cpu-usage bug

Latest version is 1.4f
http://www.subspace2.net/Central-1.4f.zip

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212141
Cheese - Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:57 pm
Post subject:
im sick of it as well.

i assume its due to some of these long ass zone names....
Doc Flabby - Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 am
Post subject:
Cheese wrote:
im sick of it as well.

i assume its due to some of these long ass zone names....

If you can try out my server and see how you get on....im looking for people to bug test it.
Hakaku - Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:33 pm
Post subject:
Kudos on the work, hopefully it remains a stable directory server, since at the moment only Priit's and yours are currently online. I tested it on Vista and didn't have any problems (so far), so you can probably at it to the list as well.
Doc Flabby - Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:03 pm
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:
Kudos on the work, hopefully it remains a stable directory server, since at the moment only Priit's and yours are currently online.

Probably because all the others have crashed since everyone else runs catids tongue.gif
D1st0rt - Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 pm
Post subject:
Works on gentoo running mono 2.2
L.C. - Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:45 am
Post subject:
Going to try this on Windows 2003. I can't find Snrrrub around any more -- and there are some critical bugs I found for his directory server running on 2003 which prevent me from being able to use his at all.

EDIT :: Doesn't work. Crashes on start. Server may or may not have .NET Framework 2.0.
Doc Flabby - Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:18 pm
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:

EDIT :: Doesn't work. Crashes on start. Server may or may not have .NET Framework 2.0.

It won't run with out 2.0 tongue.gif Can you post the error message?
L.C. - Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
Server has .NET Framework 2.0 (has to have it, as it is a requirement to be able to run TCAdmin). And no, I do not know if there is an error message or anything; it would be wise if your program generated logs for these kind of problems. I do not have remote desktop access.
Doc Flabby - Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 pm
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
Quote:
Server has .NET Framework 2.0 (has to have it, as it is a requirement to be able to run TCAdmin). And no, I do not know if there is an error message or anything; it would be wise if your program generated logs for these kind of problems. I do not have remote desktop access.

If you can get it to run on your desktop machine, its designed to be run as a console program, it logs its output to the screen...so you really need remote desktop or a console window run/test it.

You're running it in a way i never intended to be run, if you provide more information about your server setup and how you are attempting to run it, i might be able to change it to get it to work...I'm curious how you are running the program without remote desktop.
L.C. - Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
You're running it in a way i never intended to be run, if you provide more information about your server setup and how you are attempting to run it, i might be able to change it to get it to work...I'm curious how you are running the program without remote desktop.
TCAdmin is a Game Hosting Control Panel and functions the same way as if you executed the file normally yourself; just like ServerDoc too.

http://www.tcadmin.com/
http://www.serverdoc.com/

We do not use ServerDoc though, but they both execute the program the same way as you would manually. There are no special or fancy methods in which it executes the program.
Doc Flabby - Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:10 pm
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
TCAdmin is a Game Hosting Control Panel and functions the same way as if you executed the file normally yourself; just like ServerDoc too.

I've just tested this on a Windows 2003 server i have access to and it runs fine in remote desktop. So i think it must have something to do with that... I have uploaded a recompiled version (which intergrates some changes i made some time back to make it more compatable with mono, these might do the trick...)

Alternativly Does TCAdmin support services? I could alter it to run as a windows service.
L.C. - Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:43 pm
Post subject:
Possibly. I am not 100% sure, but it's very possible that TCAdmin does. In my control panel there is a page called "Gaming Services." It will list all the gameservers running (or not), and I can manually create a service of my own, start and stop it at will.

I will redownload your Directory Server and give it another try.

EDIT :: By the way, here's the configuration settings I am using:
Code: Show/Hide
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="DownloadPeers" value="1"/>
    <add key="Peers" value="dir1.subdir.net,dir2.subdir.net,dir5.subdir.net,dir6.subdir.net,dir7.subdir.net"/>
    <add key="DownloadEvery" value="60"/>
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

EDIT2 :: Nope. Doesn't work. I tried PriitK's too -- and that one crashed upon launch as well.
Doc Flabby - Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 am
Post subject:
I've updated the version to fix some bugs that were causing it to crash, don't know if this will fix your problems, but it might be worth a try...

This project is going to be under active development, and contributions/changes are accepted. Code and bug tracking / feature requests to be added to http://sourceforge.net/projects/subspace2/
Kingsize - Mon May 04, 2009 3:20 am
Post subject:
Hey, any download mirrors for mono?
I am unable to connect http://go-mono.com (page load error)

Tried to search with google, but didn't find. I am using Fedora Core 6.
Doc Flabby - Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 am
Post subject:
You can install mono using yum (these also work for Centos 5) if you add this to your list of yum repositories

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono/RHEL_5/
Anonymous - Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
You can install mono using yum (these also work for Centos 5) if you add this to your list of yum repositories

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono/RHEL_5/

Thanks! Now I just need to get required libunwind for FC 6.

I'm only having problems with Core 6, always missing some lib, ie. for core 9 there are all libs what I have tried to search. Maybe next time I'll install some other distribution.
Doc Flabby - Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am
Post subject:
Version 1.1 released
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=212141&package_id=315739&release_id=680666

Has a number of bug fixes and resolves some crashing problems (restricts zone description to 480 characters, longer descriptions seem to cause crashing problems with continuum)
Kingsize - Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 pm
Post subject:

[ssnecentral@kinkku dirserver_mono]$ mono Central.exe

** (Central.exe:30011): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /dirserver_mono/Central.exe could not be loaded:
     Assembly:   System.Windows.Forms    (assemblyref_index=3)
     Version:    2.0.0.0
     Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/dirserver_mono/).

** (Central.exe:30011): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

** (Central.exe:30011): WARNING **: Missing method get_ProductVersion in assembly /dirserver_mono/Central.exe, type System.Windows.Forms.Application

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Doc Flabby - Wed May 06, 2009 7:03 pm
Post subject:
it (Rather stupidly) requires windows forms library (System.Windows.Forms) to display the version number.

You need to install this package: mono-winforms

yum install mono-winforms

Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 4:01 am
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:

You need to install this package: mono-winforms

Aah! Thanks, now it works perfectly! icon_smile.gif
Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 am
Post subject:
Would it be possible to add a feature to this new Central dirserver, which could save zone information to *.txt file, just like Catids dirserver. I need this feature for my PHP population statistics script.

*.txt file

Zone name   players currently playing   ip    port   zone information text

Doc Flabby - Thu May 07, 2009 8:32 am
Post subject:
Kingsize wrote:
Would it be possible to add a feature to this new Central dirserver, which could save zone information to *.txt file, just like Catids dirserver. I need this feature for my PHP population statistics script.

*.txt file

Zone name   players currently playing   ip    port   zone information text

I've added this and copied CatId's format exactly, it uses tab separated columns in the following order:

ip    port    playercount    scores   zoneName zoneDescription

If you need it in a different format let me know and i'll add a custom format option tongue.gif

1.2 Alpha (not tested heavily)

New Features
- CatId format stats
- Zone Pinger (updates zone populations before saving stats)
- default is to save stats every minute which may be a bit fast for you, but can be changed in the config file icon_smile.gif

http://subspace2.net/Central-1.2a.zip

Let me know how you get on.
Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 1:01 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:

I've added this and copied CatId's format exactly, it uses tab separated columns in the following order...

Yay, thanks! icon_smile.gif Now I can say a good bye for all dirserver problems!
Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm
Post subject:
One little problem, dirserver (Central) says: Collecting Stats, but it doesn't save them to stats.txt (I didn't change your default configurations at all).

I gave (chmod) 777 permissions to all files. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with Central.
Samapico - Thu May 07, 2009 1:28 pm
Post subject:
What if there's a tab in the zone's name? icon_surprised.gif If it's even possible...
Doc Flabby - Thu May 07, 2009 1:59 pm
Post subject:
Samp: Good point..i probably should filter for them.

Kingsize wrote:
One little problem, dirserver (Central) says: Collecting Stats, but it doesn't save them to stats.txt (I didn't change your default configurations at all).

I gave (chmod) 777 permissions to all files. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with Central.

You need to wait until it says "writing stats" it take a bit of time to collect them (it has to ping all the zones). It should write out responses as it gets back the player counts to the screen. If its never showing "writing stats" then somethings broke with it
Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 2:10 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
You need to wait until it says "writing stats" it take a bit of time to collect them (it has to ping all the zones). It should write out responses as it gets back the player counts to the screen. If its never showing "writing stats" then somethings broke with it

I think it's only updating those zones which are connected to my directory server (BlueT and SSNE servers). It haven't updated for an example any of SSCU servers.

I let it run till tomorrow, and I'll come to tell you here did dirserver write any stats or not. Lets hope the best. icon_smile.gif

Updated Zone: SSNE Shattered Galaxy
Updated Zone: BlueT - Trench Wars (DEV)
Updated Zone: SSNE Assassination CTF
Updated Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
Updated Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS

In the beginning it adds also SSCU servers as new zones, but updates only those zones which I listed upper.

I added all these dirservers to configuration file:
sscentral.sscuservers.net, sscentral.trenchwars.org, ssdir.playsubspace.com, subdir.net, subdir.org

So it should update all servers (including SSCU servers).
Doc Flabby - Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm
Post subject:
Ah I think i need to change some of the logging to make it more readable lol.

Basically It cycles though your list of directory servers downloading one at a time with an interval between them (default 240 minutes) You might want to reduce that to 60 minutes, as you have quite a few directory servers in that list, as it will take a day to download from all of them.

New Zone. Means new zone discovered (either directly or from another directory server)

Updated Zone. Means existing zone updated (either directly or from another directory server)

Then there is a separate function that updates the player count of all the zones to keep it more real time. The purpose of this is to keep the player counts of zones that do not directly update there information to the directory server. this is done when it "collects statistics" It should display something like "Updated SSCU trenchwars has 123 players (had 100)"

I've just tested this on my mono server (i had only tested on windows) and seems to be working as expected (with default settings).
Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm
Post subject:
Aah, okey. I'll test under Fedora Core 6. icon_smile.gif
Kingsize - Thu May 07, 2009 2:53 pm
Post subject:
No any kind of "Update: SSCU Trench Wars xxx players (had xxx)" message. Dirserver was running about 8 hours.

Error message(s)

Unhandled Exception: System.ExecutionEngineException: Couldn't create thread
  at <0x00000> <unknown method>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_delegate_begin_invoke (object,intptr)
  at (wrapper delegate-begin-invoke) System.MulticastDelegate:begin_invoke_IAsyncResult_object_AsyncCallback_object (object,System.AsyncCallback,object)
  at System.Threading.ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem (System.Threading.WaitCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x00000]
  at System.Timers.Timer.StartTimer () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void ()
Starting Peer Zone Download.

** (Central.exe:2532): WARNING **: CreateThread: error creating thread handle

** (Central.exe:2532): WARNING **: ves_icall_System_Threading_Thread_Thread_internal: CreateThread error 0x1f

Unhandled Exception: System.SystemException: Thread creation failed.
  at System.Threading.Thread.Start () [0x00000]
  at System.Timers.Timer.set_Enabled (Boolean value) [0x00000]
  at System.Timers.Timer.Start () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Timers.Timer:Start ()
  at Subspace.Net2.Reliable..ctor (Subspace.Net2.Core c) [0x00000]
  at Subspace.Net2.Core..ctor (ConnectionMode mode, EncryptionType encryptionType) [0x00000]
  at Central.ZoneDownloader.Download () [0x00000]
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) System.MulticastDelegate:invoke_void ()

Doc Flabby - Fri May 08, 2009 6:25 am
Post subject:
This is frustrating, as I have the directory server running perfectly (i'm running using this version now) Would you be able to zip up all the files in your directory server folder and upload them here, so i can test your exact configuration there must be something i'm missing...

EDIT: hmm it does seem something is not quite right I've attached a log from my server here: http://subspace2.net/log.txt It seems to stop collecting the stats. This is going to see some more work i think icon_sad.gif

EDIT2:

Found a major bug in the code, i was indexing zones (internally) using there IP address and not there name. Also changed "reliable networking" to only use one timer for ALL the connections and not create 100s (i think is why it runs out of threads). Let me know how you get on, and i hope we manage to fix these problems soon icon_smile.gif

http://subspace2.net/Central-1.2b.zip
Kingsize - Fri May 08, 2009 8:14 am
Post subject:
Central 1.2a configurations:

<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="Peers" value="sscentral.sscuservers.net"/>
    <add key="DownloadEvery" value="10"/> <!-- Default: 240 -->
    <add key="StatsRefresh" value="5"/>
    <add key="StatsFile" value="stats.txt"/>
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

I haven't changed anything else.

Running on Fedora Core 6. I tested mono with a few other programs, and mono is working fine.

Central 1.2b
Central says Collecting Stats, but nothing happens. It only keeps updating zones "Updated Zone: SSCU Death Star Battle". Never seen "Writing Stats" or "Updated SSCU Death Star Battle has X players (had X)".

EDIT/UPDATE: Still not saving any stats. icon_sad.gif
Doc Flabby - Fri May 08, 2009 12:42 pm
Post subject:
would you be able to type
mono --version
and tell me what version of mono you are running? I'm wondering if this might be the problem.
Kingsize - Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 pm
Post subject:

Mono JIT compiler version 1.1.17.1, (C) 2002-2006 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
        SIGSEGV:       normal
        Disabled:      none

L.C. - Fri May 08, 2009 9:51 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
sscentral.sscuservers.net, sscentral.trenchwars.org, ssdir.playsubspace.com, subdir.net, subdir.org
Just FYI regarding "subdir.net" and "subdir.org."

"auto.subdir.net" is not necessarily the same thing as "subdir.net." In fact, they're completely different. "auto.subdir.net" points to a completely different IP from "subdir.net." "auto.subdir.net" is the proper address, NOT "subdir.net."

On another note, both auto.subdir.net and auto.subdir.org directory servers are not running (and I have a feeling they're shutdown indefinitely).

EDIT :: On another note, I'm testing to see if 1.2b would work on our server. ;o

EDIT2 :: Nope. Fail.

Taken right after creating and starting the process.
Quote:
Process Id: 3196
CPU Usage: 0.08
Memory Usage: 10.45 MB
Disk Usage: 289.14 KB
Start Time: 5/9/2009 8:18:41 AM
Times Crashed/Not Responding: 4
Last Restart: 5/9/2009 8:19:42 AM

Quote:
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="Peers" value="auto.subdir.org sscentral.sscuservers.net sscentral.trenchwars.org ssdir.playsubspace.com dirserver.ssnecentral.net dir.cz.sshq.net"/>
<add key="DownloadEvery" value="40"/>
<add key="StatsRefresh" value="5"/>
<add key="StatsFile" value="stats.txt"/>
</appSettings>
</configuration>

EDIT3 :: Manually re-uploaded the files and still no cowbell.

EDIT4 :: Tried the original and default configuration file from the zip. Fail.
Doc Flabby - Sat May 09, 2009 10:39 am
Post subject:
Kingsize wrote:

Mono JIT compiler version 1.1.17.1, (C) 2002-2006 Novell, Inc and

Ah i've only tested it on mono v1.9. See if you can get hold of a more upto date version of mono, i will try and find a virtual machine so i can test 1.1, but is an extremely old version, that has known issues with multithreading (which Central makes extensive use of) (the latest version of mono is 2.4, but i think 1.9 is available for Fedora Core 6 http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Mono/RHEL_5/ This yum repository with v1.9 should work fine, (im running central on Centos5 which is pretty much the same as fedora core 6)

L.C. : I will try developing a "service" based module for you, this might have more success. (if you software supports the installation of services)

I'm also going to add a logging feature so that you can get some logs to send me (that might help me find out why its crashing at startup)
Kingsize - Sat May 09, 2009 11:55 am
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
Ah i've only tested it on mono v1.9. See if you can get hold of a more upto date version of mono.

I'll update, let's see what happens. Thanks once again! icon_smile.gif

bash-3.1# mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 1.9.1 (tarball)
Copyright (C) 2002-2007 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
        TLS:           __thread
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
        SIGSEGV:       normal
        Notifications: epoll
        Architecture:  x86
        Disabled:      none

Running Central 1.2b now...

New Zone: Butchersoft
New Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
New Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
New Zone: STC South Tejas
New Zone: SSBD Biller Development
New Zone: SSA SuperSpace
New Zone: Reball
New Zone: BlueT - Trench Wars (DEV)
Updated Zone: BlueT - Trench Wars (DEV)
Collecting Stats.
Failed to connect to SSBD Biller Development 24.179.9.235:1718
Updated SSCX Chaos/League Zone SVS has 66 players (had 65)
Updated SSCU Trench Wars has 254 players (had 257)
Updated SSCU Death Star Battle has 102 players (had 105)
Updated SSCC RedStar has 42 players (had 41)
Updated SSCE Hyperspace has 28 players (had 31)
Updated SSCU Extreme Games has 129 players (had 133)
Writing Stats.

It wrote stats only two times. Weird. icon_surprised.gif (uptime ~1 hour)

Noticed also one "bug" or I don't know can I call it a bug, but anyway... If you use these values in configuration, Central won't work: DownloadEvery set to 2 and StatsRefresh set to 1

I recommend to use default values, or to set DownloadEvery value to 60 minutes, not any lower.
L.C. - Sat May 09, 2009 12:40 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
L.C. : I will try developing a "service" based module for you, this might have more success. (if you software supports the installation of services)

I'm also going to add a logging feature so that you can get some logs to send me (that might help me find out why its crashing at startup)
Thanks, means a lot! icon_smile.gif
Kingsize - Sun May 10, 2009 4:12 pm
Post subject:
After longer testing, I can confirm that Central 1.2b with Mono 1.9.1 saves stats only few times. I doesn't work like it should. I collects and saves stats only 2 to 4 times. (Uptime ~24h)
Doc Flabby - Mon May 11, 2009 11:13 am
Post subject:
Kingsize wrote:
After longer testing, I can confirm that Central 1.2b with Mono 1.9.1 saves stats only few times. I doesn't work like it should. I collects and saves stats only 2 to 4 times. (Uptime ~24h)

I've fixed a large number of bugs with this latest release and implemented a much improved new logging system based on ASSS style logging code D1st0rt sent me ages ago (i cant remember the link but its MIT licenced and in the SVN repository if anyong is interested)

http://subspace2.net/Central-1.2c.zip

Ensure you delete all the old files from the folder you have installed central in before installing this version.

LC. I am still working on that service manager, this version doesn't have it, but it might be worth trying as i've changed the implementation of it slighly of how it runs :P
Kingsize - Mon May 11, 2009 11:28 am
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:

I've fixed a large number of bugs with this latest release and implemented a much improved new logging system based on ASSS style logging code D1st0rt sent me ages ago (i cant remember the link but its MIT licenced and in the SVN repository if anyong is interested)

http://subspace2.net/Central-1.2c.zip

Thank you! I'll install this C-version and see what happens. icon_smile.gif

<W> 5/11/2009 6:32 PM (ZoneListener): Failed to connect to SSBD Biller Development 24.179.9.235:1718
<D> 5/11/2009 6:32 PM (ZoneListener): Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No route to host
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom_nochecks (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags, System.Net.EndPoint& remote_end) [0x00000]
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom (System.Byte[] buf, System.Net.EndPoint& remote_end) [0x00000]
  at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive (System.Net.IPEndPoint& remoteEP) [0x00000]
  at Central.ZoneListener.CollectStats () [0x00000]

Full log and stats (both in realtime) can be found here:
http://www.ssnecentral.net/central_dirserver_log.php
http://www.ssnecentral.net/central_dirserver_stats.php

5/11/2009 7:03 PM (Stats): Completed Statistics Collection
5/11/2009 7:03 PM (Stats): Writing to: stats.txt

No stats writing after 7:03, its 7:46 PM now. Stats write delay is set to: 2 mins
L.C. - Mon May 11, 2009 3:31 pm
Post subject:
Nope (fail).

----------Log "LogFile" Opened 5/11/2009 2:24 PM----------
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): Starting...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ClientListener): Starting...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneDownloader): Starting download...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneDownloader): Using Peer: sscentral.sscuservers.net
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS Pirates!
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Descent (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Alpha West SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Warzone CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Halo Evolved
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA StarCraft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Metal Gear CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Caster
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: T3 The Gauntlet! (SSC)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU 17th Parallel
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCE Hyperspace
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: CZ Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Desert Storm
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA HyperBall
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Chaos/League Zone SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Aarbear Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Subspace Development
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC The CompleX
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Armada Assail
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Extreme Games
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Star Warzone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Fusion
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS STF Test Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Discretion Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Cold Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCE Hockey/Football Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Digital Core (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS Shipwar Revolution
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Chaos/League Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSXA A Small WarZone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Call of Duty 4
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Star Wars Empire
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Devastation
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC RedStar
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX PowerBall
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Death Star Battle
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Trench Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Butchersoft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSBD Biller Development
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Reball
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSNE Shattered Galaxy
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSNE Assassination CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al CRe Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Algol
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Dragonball Z
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Unreal Tournament
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Algol
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA CRe Test Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Development: SSCE Hockey/Footba
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: STC South Tejas
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA SuperSpace
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Complete
<D> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: SSCA Digital Core (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 72.173.7.198:3518
<D> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: SSCE Hyperspace
----------Log "LogFile" Opened 5/11/2009 2:24 PM----------
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): Starting...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ClientListener): Starting...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneDownloader): Starting download...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneDownloader): Using Peer: sscentral.sscuservers.net
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS Pirates!
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Descent (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Alpha West SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Warzone CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Halo Evolved
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA StarCraft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Metal Gear CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Caster
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: T3 The Gauntlet! (SSC)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU 17th Parallel
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCE Hyperspace
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: CZ Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Desert Storm
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA HyperBall
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Chaos/League Zone SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Aarbear Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Subspace Development
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC The CompleX
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Armada Assail
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Extreme Games
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Star Warzone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Fusion
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS STF Test Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Discretion Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Cold Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCE Hockey/Football Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Digital Core (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS Shipwar Revolution
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Chaos/League Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSXA A Small WarZone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Call of Duty 4
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Star Wars Empire
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Devastation
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC RedStar
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX PowerBall
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Death Star Battle
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Trench Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Butchersoft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSBD Biller Development
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Reball
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSNE Shattered Galaxy
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSNE Assassination CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al CRe Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Algol
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Dragonball Z
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Unreal Tournament
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Algol
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA CRe Test Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Development: SSCE Hockey/Footba
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: STC South Tejas
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA SuperSpace
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Complete
<I> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 72.173.7.198:3518
<D> 5/11/2009 2:24 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: Butchersoft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 72.173.7.198:3520
----------Log "LogFile" Opened 5/11/2009 2:25 PM----------
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): Starting...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ClientListener): Starting...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneDownloader): Starting download...
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneDownloader): Using Peer: sscentral.sscuservers.net
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<D> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 72.173.7.198:3520
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS Pirates!
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Descent (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Alpha West SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Warzone CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Halo Evolved
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA StarCraft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Metal Gear CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Caster
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: T3 The Gauntlet! (SSC)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU 17th Parallel
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCE Hyperspace
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: CZ Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Desert Storm
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA HyperBall
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Chaos/League Zone SVS
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Aarbear Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Subspace Development
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC The CompleX
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Armada Assail
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Extreme Games
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Star Warzone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Fusion
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS STF Test Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Discretion Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Cold Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCE Hockey/Football Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Digital Core (CTF)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: PSS Shipwar Revolution
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Chaos/League Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSXA A Small WarZone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Call of Duty 4
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC Star Wars Empire
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Devastation
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCC RedStar
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX PowerBall
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Death Star Battle
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Trench Wars
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Butchersoft
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSBD Biller Development
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Reball
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSNE Shattered Galaxy
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSNE Assassination CTF
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al CRe Test
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Algol
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Dragonball Z
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Al Unreal Tournament
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Algol
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA CRe Test Zone
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: Development: SSCE Hockey/Footba
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: STC South Tejas
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA SuperSpace
<I> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Complete
<D> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: SSA StarCraft
<D> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: Reball
<D> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
<D> 5/11/2009 2:25 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: SSA CRe Test Zone
Doc Flabby - Mon May 11, 2009 3:44 pm
Post subject:
Quote:

<W> 5/11/2009 6:32 PM (ZoneListener): Failed to connect to SSBD Biller Development 24.179.9.235:1718
<D> 5/11/2009 6:32 PM (ZoneListener): Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No route to host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom_nochecks (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags, System.Net.EndPoint& remote_end) [0x00000]
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.ReceiveFrom (System.Byte[] buf, System.Net.EndPoint& remote_end) [0x00000]
at System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Receive (System.Net.IPEndPoint& remoteEP) [0x00000]
at Central.ZoneListener.CollectStats () [0x00000]

The error you saw just means it couldnt connect to the zone to check its population, this is normal as zones can go offline. <D> = debugging

However that information in the php files was really helpful i managed to isolate the problem

I found an issue with UdpClient.Recieve() on mono ( i've filed a bug report with mono https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=502866 )which meant it wasn't timing out if it didnt recieve any packets back from the request for a player count, which means the program would get stuck on the stats secution halfway though waiting to recieve the population of a zone, and never save the stats. I think ive fixed this with a workaround. Hopefully this will solve your problems icon_smile.gif

http://subspace2.net/Central-1.2d.zip

Edit: LC Thats interesting as it appears to be working from thoses logs, is there an option in your admin tool not to restart a program if it thinks its irresponsive. I'm wondering if it mistakenly thinks its not working so closes it.
L.C. - Mon May 11, 2009 9:02 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
Edit: LC Thats interesting as it appears to be working from thoses logs, is there an option in your admin tool not to restart a program if it thinks its irresponsive. I'm wondering if it mistakenly thinks its not working so closes it.
Meh, I don't know. I would need to play around with TCAdmin a bit to see if I could change that.

When I tried to run Snrrrub's directory server, which runs just fine on XP, would STILL crash when the program was manually executed without TCAdmin's involvement. Weird, eh?

I will be trying 1.2d and a few batch file tricks to see if I can get TCAdmin to run the program but pay attention to the batch instead.
Kingsize - Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am
Post subject:
Thanks once again! icon_smile.gif

Central 1.2d up & running, logs and stats can be found from the same place:
http://www.ssnecentral.net/central_dirserver_log.php
http://www.ssnecentral.net/central_dirserver_stats.php

Let's hope everything goes just fine now. icon_smile.gif Now I'm using the default configuration with Central 1.2d

Edit: Everything working just fine (~8:50 AM - 10:20 PM) icon_smile.gif

Easiest way to see if it is not saving stats is this (does population stats script work or not):

UPDATE: Central works perfectly, we got last night some connection problems with our two ISP's so we had without any Internet connection something like 8 hours? Now network is working just fine and Central is also restarted.
Anonymous - Tue May 12, 2009 7:24 am
Post subject:
How did you create those statistics graphs?
D1st0rt - Tue May 12, 2009 8:23 am
Post subject:
Is that my logging class I see icon_smile.gif
Kingsize - Tue May 12, 2009 11:55 am
Post subject:
Kooks wrote:
How did you create those statistics graphs?

I made a PHP script to generate that graphic from directory servers zone statistics. Working pretty much same way as that one which is made by TW staff. http://stats.trenchwars.org I had to made my own, because that ready made site or it's directory server was down pretty often.

I could give the source, but I think Maverick or who ever from TW staff made that original population statistics site, would be ready to kill me if I give my version to anyone. biggrin.gif I think they don't like this my stats site at all anyway.

I can only give a huge thanks to Doc Flabby and CatiD about the directory server software which I use to collect zone statistics.
Hakaku - Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 pm
Post subject:
Kingsize wrote:

I could give the source, but I think Maverick or who ever from TW staff made that original population statistics site, would be ready to kill me if I give my version to anyone. biggrin.gif I think they don't like this my stats site at all anyway.

I don't see why they would, not unless you copied their code. Gotta remember, that the tw stats page wasn't the first nor the only one to ever exist.
Mine GO BOOM - Tue May 12, 2009 7:20 pm
Post subject:
Or you could make it export SNMP, and use something fancy like Cacti for the recording/graphing of the data.
Kingsize - Wed May 13, 2009 5:14 am
Post subject:
Hakaku wrote:

I don't see why they would, not unless you copied their code. Gotta remember, that the tw stats page wasn't the first nor the only one to ever exist.

That's true. No I didn't copy the code. I copied part of the 'idea' how that population statistical graph system works, that wasn't a secret. You are unable to copy PHP code, unless you have account to this computer where the source code is, and I don't have an access to tw website.

Mine GO BOOM wrote:
Or you could make it export SNMP, and use something fancy like Cacti for the recording/graphing of the data.

That would be even better way to do that. I could try this...
Doc Flabby - Wed May 13, 2009 2:23 pm
Post subject:
Would you be willing to release the source (or explain) how you created the graphs, thats probably the part of most interest and relevent to anybody reading this thread, collecting the data and processing it is pretty easy tongue.gif
Kingsize - Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
Would you be willing to release the source (or explain) how you created the graphs, thats probably the part of most interest and relevent to anybody reading this thread, collecting the data and processing it is pretty easy tongue.gif

Sure, I'll do that tomorrow. I'll make a small tutorial/guide how I have done that script and how it works. I can also release a simple version of this script, so everyone can do what ever they want for it. icon_smile.gif
Kingsize - Thu May 14, 2009 4:08 am
Post subject:
Is it possible Central 1.2d might crash if log file comes too big? Filesize was about 4.0Mb, and Central crashed for some reason. Removed log file and now everything is back up and running.

EDIT: After removing logfile and disabling some logging, everything has work'd just fine.

Going to make today that guide I promissed a few days ago. Had no time to do that yesterday.
D1st0rt - Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 pm
Post subject:
I wonder if having logs split or even setting up logrotate would resolve that, did you get any error messages?
Samapico - Mon May 18, 2009 5:12 pm
Post subject:
4 MB text files are never fun to handle icon_sad.gif
L.C. - Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 pm
Post subject:
Doc, your directory server does run on my server, but it crashes when someone tries to download from it. This is what happens when I attempt to retrieve a listing from the directory server:

<D> 6/9/2009 11:05 AM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
<I> 6/9/2009 11:05 AM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 72.173.7.198:3220

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Unrecognised Encryption
   at Subspace.Net2.Core.Connection(Message msg) in C:\subspace2\client\subspace
2\net\Core.cs:line 213
   at Subspace.Net2.Core.NewMessage(Message msg) in C:\subspace2\client\subspace
2\net\Core.cs:line 153
   at Central.ClientListener.Run() in C:\subspace2\Central\Central\ClientListene
r.cs:line 107
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
ontextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

C:\Documents and Settings\qwerty\Desktop\dir>

As for PriitK's and Snrrrub's directory servers -- when I open them, they just immediately close without any messages or errors.
Doc Flabby - Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 pm
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
Doc, your directory server does run on my server, but it crashes when someone tries to download from it. This is what happens when I attempt to retrieve a listing from the directory server:

I've just got back from a 3 week holiday, but ill have a look into this when I get a chance icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby - Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 am
Post subject:
Central 1.3 - Exciting new feature *cough*

Get the latest version here https://sourceforge.net/projects/subspace2/files/central/1.3/Central-1.3.zip/download

or http://subspace2.net/Central-1.3.zip

BUGFIX:

LC: I've applied a small patch that will hopefully stop it crashing on an invalid packet (which is what was happening i think)

NEW FEATURE: startup.txt

Contains a list of zones that are preloaded into the directory server, this list is reloaded everytime an attempt to download the zone list from the other directory servers (so you can add more zones to it)

The idea is for zones that refuse to connect to your server (for various reasons) you can manually add them, like in continuum.

The file format for startup.txt is:

Name|IP|Port|Description

Let me know how you get on icon_smile.gif
[/code]
Bak - Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm
Post subject:
you should have it periodically check other directory servers, steal all the zones, then maintain a cache where it pings them periodically to make sure they're still up.
Dr Brain - Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:15 pm
Post subject:
That'd be great if there were other directory servers to check.
Doc Flabby - Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:04 am
Post subject:
Bak wrote:
you should have it periodically check other directory servers, steal all the zones, then maintain a cache where it pings them periodically to make sure they're still up.

It does this already tongue.gif The only problem is as dr. brain says there are no others to check any more, so i've had to add this silly startup.txt (manual caching) "feature" because some of the big zones seem to firewalled so they can't connect to other directory servers.
Initrd.gz - Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 pm
Post subject:
I can run a server on my computer along with my zone, since there aren't too many now. It should be on 24/7, since the server is hosted by Linode.
Anonymous - Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:25 am
Post subject:

<E> 8/16/2009 6:21 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Failed at: ssdir.playsubspace.com :System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000]
Connection not Ready

Getting error like this...
Bak - Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:52 pm
Post subject:
looks like it can't connect to ssdir.playsubspace.com. Should it be able to do this?
Doc Flabby - Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 pm
Post subject:
Deligious wrote:

<E> 8/16/2009 6:21 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Failed at: ssdir.playsubspace.com :System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buf, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000]
Connection not Ready

Getting error like this...

Can you can download a zone list from ssdir.playsubspace.com in continuum? The error indicates it cannot connect to the server because the connection is being refused somewhere on route, this could be due to a firewall at your end somewhere.
Anonymous - Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:13 pm
Post subject:
Problem solved. I had also sscentral.sscuservers.net listed in Central config file. After removing that and leaving only ssdir.playsubspace.com it started downloading correctly. Now everything works just fine. Thanks! I didn't notice at all sscentral.sscuservers.net doesn't work any more, after trying to download servers in Continuum from that server I noticed that and got an idea to remove that from Centrals config file.
Doc Flabby - Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:50 pm
Post subject:
Security Bugfix:

Clients could crash the server by making multiple connections and then not disconnecting, this is hopefully no longer possible.

There was a problem with the error reporting for the zone downloads, it incorrectly reported the wrong directory server as not working, this has been fixed

Patched:

http://www.subspace2.net/Central-1.3.zip
L.C. - Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:03 pm
Post subject:
Same server as before. I also found that your directory server is not updating log.txt like it should, because I was forced to use "Mark" in the window and highlight the entire console to get the following:

Central v1.2.3518.31947 Copyright (C) 2009 Kingsley Masters
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions.

----------Log "Console" Opened 10/17/2009 2:57 PM----------
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): Starting...
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ClientListener): Starting...
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (Central): Reloading Startup List...
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (Central): Loaded 5 zones from startup.txt
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU 17th Parallel
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Death Star Battle
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Extreme Games
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCU Trench Wars
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCX Chaos/League Zone SVS
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneDownloader): Starting download...
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneDownloader): Using Peer: sscentral.sscuservers.net
<E> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Failed at: sscentral.sscuserve
rs.net :System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly
closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size,
SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 size, SocketFlags s
ocketFlags)
   at Central.ZoneDownloader.Download() in C:\subspace2\Central\Central\ZoneDown
loader.cs:line 135
Connection not Ready

<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Complete
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Digital Core (CTF)
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 67.54.231.207:12
Unrecognised Encryption, ignoring connection
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<D> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
<D> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
Connection Closed

<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ClientListener): Download Started from: 67.54.231.207:12
<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
<D> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
Connection Closed

<I> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA Descent (CTF)
Connection Closed

Connection Closed

<I> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSA CRe Test Zone
<I> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: BlueT Section 31 Test Zone
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Section 31 Test Zone
<I> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): New Zone: SSCA Algol
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ClientListener): Cleaned Connections: 4 to 0
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: SSCA Digital Core (CTF)
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Jackpot SVS
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Trench Wars (DEV)
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: BlueT Dragonball Z
<D> 10/17/2009 2:58 PM (ZoneListener): Updated Zone: SSA Descent (CTF)

I used the following in Continuum for directory server list (I think the last IP or last two IPs are not correct):
Quote:
74.86.5.231 74.86.5.230 74.86.5.229 74.86.5.228 74.86.5.98 74.86.5.97

For the log I copied and pasted above, this is what log.txt has:
Quote:
----------Log "LogFile" Opened 10/17/2009 2:57 PM----------
<E> 10/17/2009 2:57 PM (ZoneDownloader): Download Failed at: sscentral.sscuservers.net :System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at Central.ZoneDownloader.Download() in C:\subspace2\Central\Central\ZoneDownloader.cs:line 135

The setup of this test is straight out of the box execution of http://www.subspace2.net/Central-1.3.zip.
Doc Flabby - Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:53 pm
Post subject:
Resolved in v1.4:

FIX: Unrecognised Encryption, ignoring connection

This very obscure was due to the server being run on windows 2003 servers with multiple IP addresses, and sending requests on a different IP to the one it received on.

There is now a <bindaddress> option in the .config file, to specify the IP address the server will listen on.

Random 100 players bug also fixed

http://www.subspace2.net/Central-1.4.zip
L.C. - Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm
Post subject:
So what was causing the 100-player bug? biggrin.gif
Doc Flabby - Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:44 pm
Post subject:
it should have been updating the zone stats (player count) before starting the server icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby - Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:03 am
Post subject:
Added bugfix to prevent rogue clients crashing server.

Connections are forcefully terminated after they have been open 60 seconds. (as it takes less than a second to download a list, none of them should be open this long)

Download (bin)
http://subspace2.net/Central-1.4f.zip
L.C. - Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 am
Post subject:
Any news on the 10-player glitch? sa_tongue.gif
All times are -5 GMT
View topic