Server Help

Bot Questions - AI Bot?

Anonymous - Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:41 pm
Post subject: AI Bot?
where can i find a artificial intelligence bot that fights as a player?

ive looked through many places, and a few links that ive found are ending up invalid.

any ideas?

for the best part, you could post your own here icon_smile.gif

or give a link...

tysm - anonymous player from a ASSS Zone
CaptainPoopface - Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:32 pm
Post subject:
Search this forum for autoturret, drone.c, hs_pointdefense, and the damage module binaries.

Autoturret is already included in ASSS 1.4.4, I think. Type ?dropturret in an arena and see if something happens.

To sum things up for you, if I can (I'm new too), no one has really gotten fully functional fighting bots to work. The main problems are detecting damage to the bot, and making it fly around, whereas people seem to have the aiming pretty well in hand.

In some thread I recently ran across, someone said that the people who could actually get AI to work all have better things to do...

I'd really like to see it finished though.
tcsoccerman - Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Post subject:
smong has a fully functional one. also, didn't someone make a new ss clone client, and all it had was you vs ai?
Samapico - Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:14 am
Post subject:
CaptainPoopface wrote:
Search this forum for autoturret, drone.c, hs_pointdefense, and the damage module binaries.

Autoturret is already included in ASSS 1.4.4, I think. Type ?dropturret in an arena and see if something happens.

To sum things up for you, if I can (I'm new too), no one has really gotten fully functional fighting bots to work. The main problems are detecting damage to the bot, and making it fly around, whereas people seem to have the aiming pretty well in hand.

In some thread I recently ran across, someone said that the people who could actually get AI to work all have better things to do...

I'd really like to see it finished though.
You're talking about turrets for ASSS

There is an AI bot by Bjorn available
http://www.dsbleague.com/aibot.html

If you make a search for 'bjorn' on this forum you'll find a lot of threads about how to set it up and common problems. (Searching for 'ai bot' doesn't work well)
L.C. - Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:44 am
Post subject:
Quote:
There is an AI bot by Bjorn available
This is the best one out there.

But it's a shame that Bjorn's bot is horrifyingly inefficient and memory demanding.

I couldn't even run 64 of Bjorn's bots on my machine (Q9450 Quadcore Yorkfield w/ 12MB Cache @ 3.2GHz + 4GB DDR2-1000 [8000]).
Samapico - Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm
Post subject:
Not to mention that 64 bots makes for a nice packet flooding icon_surprised.gif
CaptainPoopface - Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:24 pm
Post subject:
Wow, the bots in Bjorn's PSubspace are very good. All that would be needed is some better pathfinding.

From what I gather from his various posts and releases, he never released the source. Is that right? I guess that means I get to start over, but at least I know it's possible.
Anonymous - Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 am
Post subject:
the dsbleague.com/aibot.html

is a invalid site it says
Samapico - Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 pm
Post subject:
true that... it probably moved...hmmm
Samapico - Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:16 pm
Post subject:
http://aibot.ss-network.net/
All times are -5 GMT
View topic