Server Help

Misc User Apps - Command line lvl->bmp

Samapico - Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:07 pm
Post subject: Command line lvl->bmp
As requested here, I made this small program... You give it as many lvl files as you want as command line arguments, and it will generate .bmp files of it.

It uses the same colors as DCME's radar thing
Bak - Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:52 pm
Post subject:
source?
Samapico - Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 am
Post subject:
uh... I thought it was in there... fixing

added

It's in VB6 by the way... I just copy pasted stuff from DCME, obviously
Samapico - Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:02 pm
Post subject:
Just updated it... The Junky supplied me with a bunch of maps that didn't get through the utility, and I found out these maps had corrupted data in them. On top of that, it didn't handle very well the maps with 8bit tilesets and no eLVL data.

DCME also had problems loading the maps, while SSME loaded them fine, and CLT loaded them fine, but with additional tiles that appeared to be random. The thing is, SSME simply ignored tiles with X/Y values out of range (over 1023), while CLT only read the bits it needed to, loading the tile anyway. DCME now gives you the option to load or ignore the corrupt data when you open such a map...

This version of the utility simply ignores corrupt tiles, since it's used mostly to archive old maps that are more likely to actually be corrupted, rather than fancy using of the extra available bits that could be seen in the future
hellzlaker - Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:23 pm
Post subject:
How do map editors work? like DCME, SSME or any others? I am talking about how to make them, just wondering?
Samapico - Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:42 pm
Post subject:
http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/LVL_Format
All times are -5 GMT
View topic