Server Help

Bot Questions - second bot in arena

gdogkiller - Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:12 pm
Post subject: second bot in arena
I have my bot listed under sysop,spawn,and vip.txt, i am using MERVBot and im wondering how to get a second bot in the arena. well !spawn wont work and i logged in on continuum with bot and it works fine. so on the black box it says nothing about bot two. it says bot one has logged in. then if you type !spawn Bot-Pub_02 it says that its already active. then on the black box it says "trying to connect to 127.1.0.1" and it should be connecting to 127.0.0.1, so then i tryed to !spawn a bot that was not active and it said if succesfull bot will appear in 0 seconds. so i waited a while and it never popped up. black box said bot 3 trying to connect to 127.2.0.1 so it looks like it to me each bot i try to spawn adds a number to the ip address. well anyway i dont know if thats suppost to happen. But i would love it if anyone could help me
Samapico - Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:08 pm
Post subject:
same topic here
http://forums.sscentral.com/index.php?showtopic=21580

maybe try localhost instead of 127.0.0.1
Anonymous - Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:16 pm
Post subject:
no because it says the server ip is 127.0.0.1 NOT localhost
Samapico - Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:21 pm
Post subject:
Anyway, another alternative would be to make a copy of your mervbot folder, and start another bot as a separate exe from there, with its own spawns.txt
L.C. - Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:36 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
no because it says the server ip is 127.0.0.1 NOT localhost
Doesn't hurt to try localhost though, does it? After all it should only take like 5 seconds to make that change and test it. :rolleyes:
All times are -5 GMT
View topic