Server Help

Non-Subspace Related Coding - dev c++ open gl problem

Anonymous - Sat May 03, 2008 4:47 pm
Post subject: dev c++ open gl problem
Quote:

The first thing you need is to download some files that you will need. They are in the file sdlDevCPP-1.2.8. Extract the zip INSIDE your Dev-C++ directory so that the files from the folders lib and include (from the zip) get extracted to the folders lib and include in your Dev-C++ directory. On my computer the Dec-C++ folder is c:\Dev-C++. So after extracting the zip I would have the files libSDL.a, libSDL.la, libSDLmain.a and SDL.dll inside c:\Dev-C++\lib and lots of .h files inside c:\Dev-C++\include\SDL.

Now in Dev-C++ start a new console project. Now go to the project options dialog (found in the menu Project). The thing we need to set here is the field that says "Further object files or linker options:". Type in "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" (w/o the quotes) inside it. Now click OK.

I installed the include and lib folders into dev include folder but when i cant find in project option Further object files or linker options:? any one know where is it
hellzlaker - Sun May 04, 2008 10:55 am
Post subject:
uh no one replied? :\ wierd are guests on most peoples ignores?
Doc Flabby - Sun May 04, 2008 11:02 am
Post subject:
I don't really understand the question or I would have replied...
hellzlaker - Sun May 04, 2008 11:14 am
Post subject:
Ok il write more clearly, I am trying to unpack SDL library for dev c++

This is the tutorial i found online (there is many more but they all say the same thing)
Quote:

PART1:
The first thing you need is to download some files that you will need. They are in the file sdlDevCPP-1.2.8. Extract the zip INSIDE your Dev-C++ directory so that the files from the folders lib and include (from the zip) get extracted to the folders lib and include in your Dev-C++ directory. On my computer the Dec-C++ folder is c:\Dev-C++. So after extracting the zip I would have the files libSDL.a, libSDL.la, libSDLmain.a and SDL.dll inside c:\Dev-C++\lib and lots of .h files inside c:\Dev-C++\include\SDL.

PART2:
Now in Dev-C++ start a new console project. Now go to the project options dialog (found in the menu Project). The thing we need to set here is the field that says "Further object files or linker options:". Type in "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" (w/o the quotes) inside it. Now click OK.

I did the part 1 fine just when i get to part 2, i cannot find "Further object files or linker options:" in the project options, maybe it has a different location?
Samapico - Sun May 04, 2008 12:22 pm
Post subject:
hellzlaker wrote:
uh no one replied? :\ wierd are guests on most peoples ignores?
In less than 24 hours, not very surprising tongue.gif
tcsoccerman - Sun May 04, 2008 7:57 pm
Post subject:
and it probably is true that if you logged in you would get more responses. at least for me...
hellzlaker - Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 pm
Post subject:
waah every one is going offtopic:( any one know answer to my question?
tcsoccerman - Tue May 06, 2008 9:31 pm
Post subject:
it's in the directories tab.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic