Server Help

ASSS Questions - Some Asss bugs

Smong - Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:38 pm
Post subject: Some Asss bugs
Using /?send doesn't make the graphics reload. So sending a player from an arena with lvz ships to an arena with normal graphics, the lvz is still loaded.

When you die a green comes out right? Picking up the green does not make a sound or give you anything, but it does disappear. Everyone else can still see the green, but the same happens to them when they try and pick it up. After killing someone the person that got killed sees their killer drift for a little while (when they are actually flying).
Smong - Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:23 pm
Post subject:
Downloading some lvz in an arena while in spec. Finish download and enter arena. Then typing ?go <same arenaname> makes a download of some kind start, only it doesn't seem to stop and I went over 100%(!) This may have been due to me putting +'s infront of some of the Misc:LevelFiles (I thought the + meant optional lvz).
SuSE - Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:29 pm
Post subject:
bahahahah sa_tongue.gif
Picano2.0 - Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:24 pm
Post subject:
Well, that is a pretty funny bug biggrin.gif
Smong - Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:46 pm
Post subject:
I got another now: 2 people in a subarena, no one in public, they both type ?go and hit enter at the same time. When they get to public 0 they can't see any trace of each other, doing ?arena shows (Public 0) for both players. I'm not sure if this also happens with subgame2.
Grelminar - Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:21 pm
Post subject:
The not loading lvzs on switch sounds like a client bug.

The empty death greens is an unimplemented feature that I thought I didn't have to implement. Apparently the server chooses the death green, so I have to write the weighted random thingy. I'll get around to it soon.

I'm not quite sure about the drifting thing.. do you mean while the killed one waits for the spawn timer to finish? If so, this probably has something to do with it not sending position updates to the killed one for some reason. I'll look into it later.

The downloads going over 100% (and all related bugs) should be fixed in my latest version.

The two people in the same arena who can't see each other is strange. I can think of two scenarios that would make that happen. I proved to myself that one of them couldn't happen, but the other was theoretically possible, so I fixed it. There might be another case to fix, though, so you should test it again when I release an updated version.
Smong - Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:46 pm
Post subject:
Grelminar wrote:
I'm not quite sure about the drifting thing.. do you mean while the killed one waits for the spawn timer to finish?

Yep

Grelminar wrote:
The two people in the same arena who can't see each other is strange. There might be another case to fix, though, so you should test it again when I release an updated version.

Sure
reel bad - Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:16 pm
Post subject: Re: Some Asss bugs
Smong wrote:
After killing someone the person that got killed sees their killer drift for a little while (when they are actually flying).

I think subgame2 does this too; I have noticed it before. I think that maybe the position data is no longer being sent to the killed person, but I don't know why. When this happens for me i sometimes see them flicker because of the lag (and the client makes them seem to drift by moving them along the path the were going on when the connection was lost).
All times are -5 GMT
View topic