Server Help

ASSS Questions - needed modules

Helicon - Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:13 pm
Post subject: needed modules
are there any feature modules that are in plans that no one has the time to work on right now? im up for a good project/puzzle (prefferably in-game features)
Dr Brain - Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:12 am
Post subject:
Weeeel, if you are totally bored, you could duplicate area2's bot into ASSS. If you are up to it, i can give you CVS access to all the Hyperspace MERV sources.

NOTE: I don't think you will do this, but i was just pointing it out tongue.gif
Helicon - Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:25 am
Post subject:
shoot, go for it. but chances are ill keep everything as generic as it can be... just mail me the sources, ill see what i can do. No promises as far as productivity is concerned.
Smong - Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:25 am
Post subject:
What about a module than can load/run MERV plugins? Converting *arena to *a and things like that automatically.
Helicon - Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:43 pm
Post subject:
ill look into it, ive mailed Catid. Im not sure what his take on the usability of modules is, and whether he will continue (i assume he will) support MERV.
Smong - Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:57 pm
Post subject:
I've been thinking about a digipet module with lvz, you give it a name and feed it and stuff. When you kill, score etc. you get money to buy more toys/lvz for it.
You could either have the thing in public so the lvz stay throughout the subarenas, or have it in an subarena but have the money earning zone wide (just without those annoying "you've earned 2 gold" messages all the time).
Helicon - Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:39 pm
Post subject:
i can get the same thing, minus the dowload for 75 cents at a cheap toy store
reel bad - Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:25 pm
Post subject:
Helicon wrote:
i can get the same thing, minus the dowload for 75 cents at a cheap toy store

yeah but the internet makes everything so much cooler icon_rolleyes.gif
Smong - Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:15 pm
Post subject:
I thought of other stuff after posting, you can train the "pet" and go into pub, summon it and use it as an auto-turret, or base anchor (for a certain time only, of course). Also you could "walk" the pet by just making a follow-bot type thing. Anyway, it's just an idea (plus the batteries never need changing), it may help to increase zone population too because players have to come back to feed their pet (or it dies, noo).
Mine GO BOOM - Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:17 pm
Post subject:
Smong wrote:
plus the batteries never need changing

Of course, it just costs a shitload more to use it. Computer, electricity, bandwidth, etc, but just THINK of the money you'll save in batteries!
Helicon - Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:48 pm
Post subject:
only if you buy they tiny little dime-sized ones at radioshack... and you run a tandy at home
All times are -5 GMT
View topic