Server Help

ASSS Custom Projects - Hyperspace core modules

Dr Brain - Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:25 am
Post subject: Hyperspace core modules
Ok everyone, here's the core modules from hyperspace. The ones that track money, exp, ships and items persistently across player sessions. It also includes our named team freq manager.

I'm realeasing it because it'll no longer hurt the zone to have others using it, and I'm curious to see what other people will do with it.

The modules should work on both windows and linux, though I haven't tried it in windows for a long while.

To get spawner to compile, you'll need the modification to game.c/game.h in 5bbdeb509511dd9efbf5872ebf656bb3e0a7615b of the branch asss.asss.hs. Or if you don't want/need items to affect energy viewing, you can just comment out the offending sections in the spawner.

You'll need to set up mysql in global.conf. You can use the same settings as the alias database if you wish.
Code: Show/Hide

hyperspace:hostname
hyperspace:user
hyperspace:password
hyperspace:database

add the following modules to the bottom of modules.conf:

hscore:hscore_mysql
hscore:hscore_database
hscore:hscore_money
hscore:hscore_items
hscore:hscore_buysell
hscore:hscore_commands
hscore:hscore_storeman
hscore:hscore_teamnames
hscore:hscore_rewards
hscore:hscore_spawner

Run the zone once to get it to create the tables.

Get yourself a mysql client where you can add rows easily. It will help. I use SQLyog. Then start adding item types, items, and item properties.

In your (public) arenas, you should add the following to the arena.conf.

Hyperspace:ArenaIdentifier = main

and use "main" in all the mysql rows you want to be associated with that arena.

I suggest adding the following modules to each arena you want to have items in:

hscore_teamnames
hscore_buysell
hscore_storeman
hscore_commands
hscore_spawner
hscore_rewards

Also, the arena settings:

<ship>:buyprice
<ship>:sellprice
<ship>:exprequired
<ship>:InitItems = <item1>,<item2>,<...>

will be helpful.

One basic starter tip: items have to be added to categories to show up in an arena.

If you have any questions, basic or not, ask away. I'll be happy to answer.

EDIT: Updated version to 1008.
tcsoccerman - Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:43 am
Post subject:
How curteus. could come in handy. icon_smile.gif.
Animate Dreams - Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:27 pm
Post subject:
By any chance, do you still have the old modules, too? The ones that are up in the wiki on "Writing Modules for Hyperspace". Those are pretty helpful sometimes, but I'm pretty sure there's more than what's there.
Dr Brain - Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 pm
Post subject:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Those stubs are written around the real files that I released in this thread.
Animate Dreams - Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:43 am
Post subject:
Well, I didn't really look at this stuff yet. I was pretty sure that page was older than the item system you have now, and I'm pretty sure you changed a lot between systems, so I figured there was an older version of a lot of the modules.
Dr Brain - Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:54 am
Post subject:
A few bug fixes, but that's about it. Also some improvements in the spawner, but you won't see much of a difference in the header files.
Anonymous - Mon May 07, 2007 10:54 am
Post subject:
i get lots of compile errors here on windows
Dr Brain - Mon May 07, 2007 2:05 pm
Post subject:
Care to post them?
KrynetiX - Mon May 07, 2007 3:01 pm
Post subject:
well on the first attempt i had to fix quite a few lines of code, my brother helped me and showed me that i had to take the 'int' out of the ( )'s sa_tongue.gif

second one, i forget it but my brother helped me resolve that too pretty easy (sorry)

and the third one, the one i'm stuck at now is probably not your fault, i think i just need to include the right mysql directory

41 C:\asss-1.4.2\src\hscore\hscore_mysql.c [Warning] data definition has no type or storage class

C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\Makefile.win [Build Error]  [../../../asss-1.4.2/src/hscore/hscore_mysql.o] Error 1

how do i fix this one?

and as you can see i'm no coder, just doing the best i can thanks for the help and the modules in the first place
Dr Brain - Mon May 07, 2007 3:12 pm
Post subject:
It'd be pretty helpful if you posted the entire list of problems, before you started modifying files. You shouldn't have ANY compiler issues when compiling the hscore.
KrynetiX - Mon May 07, 2007 3:23 pm
Post subject:
Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe -c dllmain.cpp -o dllmain.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/asss-1.4.2/src" -I"C:/asss-1.4.2/src/include" -I"C:/asss-1.4.2/windeps" -DBUILDING_DLL=1

g++.exe -c hscore/hscore_buysell.c -o hscore/hscore_buysell.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/include" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/backward" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2/mingw32" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/3.4.2" -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/asss-1.4.2/src" -I"C:/asss-1.4.2/src/include" -I"C:/asss-1.4.2/windeps" -DBUILDING_DLL=1

In file included from C:/asss-1.4.2/src/include/defs.h:200,
from C:/asss-1.4.2/src/include/asss.h:15,
from hscore/hscore_buysell.c:4:
C:/asss-1.4.2/src/include/win32compat.h:63: error: expected `,' or `...' before "template"

hscore/hscore_buysell.c: In function `void printAllCategories(Player*)':
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:36: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Category*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c: In function `void printCategoryItems(Player*, Category*)':
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:68: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Item*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c: In function `void buyItem(Player*, Item*, int, int)':

hscore/hscore_buysell.c:167: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ihscorestoreman*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c:228: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Store*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:237: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Store*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c: In function `void sellItem(Player*, Item*, int, int)':
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:276: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ihscorestoreman*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c:338: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Store*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:347: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Store*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c: In function `void buyCommand(const char*, const char*, Player*, const Target*)':
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:552: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Category*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c: At global scope:
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:802: error: external linkage required for symbol 'info_hscore_buysell' because of 'dllexport' attribute.
hscore/hscore_buysell.c: In function `int MM_hscore_buysell(int, Imodman*, Arena*)':
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:810: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ilogman*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:811: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ichat*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:812: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Iconfig*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:813: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Icmdman*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:814: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Icapman*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c:815: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ihscoremoney*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:816: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ihscoreitems*'

hscore/hscore_buysell.c:817: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `Ihscoredatabase*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:853: error: invalid conversion from `void (*)(Player*, int)' to `void*'
hscore/hscore_buysell.c:862: error: invalid conversion from `void (*)(Player*, int)' to `void*'

make.exe: *** [hscore/hscore_buysell.o] Error 1

Execution terminated
Dr Brain - Mon May 07, 2007 3:30 pm
Post subject:
Were you able to get the rest of ASSS to compile? I'm not sure you've got dev-c++ set up right.
KrynetiX - Mon May 07, 2007 3:32 pm
Post subject:
yea as3 runs fine

i followed http://wiki.minegoboom.com/index.php/Image:Devcpp-140-step8.png

[/url]
Animate Dreams - Mon May 07, 2007 3:40 pm
Post subject:
KrynetiX wrote:
...my brother helped me and showed me that i had to take the 'int' out of the ( )'s...

I'm no expert programmer, but taking ints out of ()s sets off klaxons in my head. Are you sure that was the right thing to do?
KrynetiX - Mon May 07, 2007 3:52 pm
Post subject:
i don't know, but it compiles when i do, and doesn't when i don't.

after i change all that it stops at #include mysql.h

brain suggested i compile asss first
KrynetiX - Mon May 07, 2007 4:42 pm
Post subject:
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Jesse\Desktop\Makefile.win" all
dllwrap.exe --output-def libProject3.def --implib libProject3.a ../../../hscore/hscore_buysell.o ../../../hscore/hscore_commands.o ../../../hscore/hscore_database.o ../../../hscore/hscore_freqman.o ../../../hscore/hscore_items.o ../../../hscore/hscore_itemsstub.o ../../../hscore/hscore_money.o ../../../hscore/hscore_moneystub.o ../../../hscore/hscore_mysql.o ../../../hscore/hscore_prizer.o ../../../hscore/hscore_rewards.o ../../../hscore/hscore_spawner.o ../../../hscore/hscore_storeman.o ../../../hscore/hscore_teamnames.o ../../../asss-1.4.2/src/main/util.o -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" --no-export-all-symbols --add-stdcall-alias ../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/pthreadGC2.dll ../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h ../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysqld_error.h ../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_version.h ../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h -o Project3.dll

In file included from ../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:57:
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:116: error: syntax error before "SOCKET"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:116: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:135: error: syntax error before '}' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:135: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:167: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:168: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:169: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:170: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:171: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:172: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:173: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:175: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:176: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:180: error: syntax error before "s"

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:168: error: syntax error before "NET"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:168: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:205: error: syntax error before '}' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:205: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:214: error: syntax error before "MYSQL"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:214: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:220: error: syntax error before '}' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:220: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:235: error: syntax error before "NET"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:235: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:241: error: conflicting types for 'last_errno'
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:118: error: previous declaration of 'last_errno' was here

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:244: error: conflicting types for 'last_error'
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:121: error: previous declaration of 'last_error' was here
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:245: error: syntax error before '}' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:245: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:282: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:283: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:284: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:285: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:287: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:288: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:289: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:291: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:292: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:293: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:294: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:295: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:296: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:297: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:298: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:300: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:300: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:300: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:301: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:304: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:306: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:306: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:312: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:313: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:314: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:315: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:316: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:318: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:319: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:322: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:324: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:327: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:329: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:336: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:337: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:339: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:342: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:343: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:345: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:350: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:353: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:357: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:362: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:363: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:364: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:366: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:367: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:368: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:369: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:372: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:373: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:374: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:374: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:374: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:375: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:375: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:375: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:376: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:376: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:377: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:378: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:378: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:378: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:379: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:379: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:379: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:380: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:380: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:380: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:381: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:383: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:384: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:386: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:388: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:390: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:391: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:392: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:395: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:399: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:408: error: syntax error before ')' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:409: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:411: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:411: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:411: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:412: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:412: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:416: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:417: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:418: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:420: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:439: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql.h:441: error: syntax error before '*' token

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:116: error: syntax error before "my_socket"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:116: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:123: error: syntax error before "return_errno"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:123: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:133: error: syntax error before "no_send_ok"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:133: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:134: error: syntax error before "query_cache_query"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:134: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:135: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:167: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:168: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:169: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:170: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:171: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:172: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:173: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:175: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:176: error: syntax error before '*' token
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:180: error: syntax error before "s"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:209: error: syntax error before "my_bool"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:209: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:213: error: syntax error before "const_item"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:213: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:214: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:233: error: syntax error before "my_bool"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:234: error: syntax error before "check_scramble"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:235: error: syntax error before "my_bool"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:235: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:241: error: syntax error before "my_init"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:241: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:244: error: syntax error before "my_thread_init"
../../../asss-1.4.2/windeps/mysqlinc/mysql_com.h:244: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

dllwrap.exe: no export definition file provided.
Creating one, but that may not be what you want
dllwrap.exe: gcc exited with status 1

make.exe: *** [Project3.dll] Error 1

Execution terminated
Anonymous - Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 pm
Post subject: d
Building Makefile: "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Dev-Cpp\Makefile.win" all
gcc.exe -c ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.c -o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src" -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include" -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps" -DBUILDING_DLL=1

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.c: In function `shipsCommand':

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.c:39: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

make.exe: *** [../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.o] Error 1

Execution terminated
Dr Brain - Thu May 17, 2007 12:26 am
Post subject:
Looks like that line has a for loop with an int declaration inside it. Change the int i to just i, and put "int i;" just below the nearest { above.
Anonymous - Thu May 17, 2007 9:22 am
Post subject: Hope this is explainable.
Executing  make...
gcc.exe -c ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c -o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/bin"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps/mysqlinc"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include"  -DBUILDING_DLL=1 

In file included from C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/asss.h:15,
                 from ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:5:
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/defs.h:206:27: packets/types.h: No such file or directory
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/defs.h:208:28: packets/simple.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/asss.h:22,
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/player.h:140:27: packets/pdata.h: No such file or directory
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/player.h:141:25: packets/ppk.h: No such file or directory
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/player.h:142:27: packets/login.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/asss.h:22,
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/player.h:182: error: syntax error before "PlayerData"

C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/player.h:182: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/player.h:261: error: syntax error before '}' token

In file included from C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/asss.h:29,
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/core.h:174: warning: "struct LoginPacket" declared inside parameter list

C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/core.h:174: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want

In file included from C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/asss.h:33,
C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include/game.h:229: warning: "struct C2SPosition" declared inside parameter list

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `spawnPlayer':

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:145: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:155: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:157: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:159: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:162: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:166: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: structure has no member named `SetPlayerEnergyViewing'

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: `ENERGY_SEE_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: for each function it appears in.)

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:168: error: structure has no member named `ResetPlayerEnergyViewing'

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `addOverrides':

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:306: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:308: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:310: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:573: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:575: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:579: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:583: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:587: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:591: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:595: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:599: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:603: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:607: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:611: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:615: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:619: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:623: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:627: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:631: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:635: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:639: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:643: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:647: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:651: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `removeOverrides':

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:660: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `Pppk':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:756: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:757: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:763: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:768: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `playerActionCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:781: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `shipsLoadedCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:798: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:805: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `itemCountChangedCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:810: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `killCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:852: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `freqChangeCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:868: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:870: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `shipChangeCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:884: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `flagWinCallback':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:914: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:914: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:916: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `respawn':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:1028: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `MM_hscore_spawner':
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:1091: error: `C2S_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function)
make.exe: *** [../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Dr Brain - Thu May 17, 2007 10:37 am
Post subject:
Add an include for C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src
Anonymous - Thu May 17, 2007 5:05 pm
Post subject:
ohh duh tongue.gif

ok, much smaller now

Executing  make...
gcc.exe -c ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c -o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o -I"C:/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/bin"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps/mysqlinc"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/include"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/packets"  -I"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src"  -DBUILDING_DLL=1 

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `spawnPlayer':

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: structure has no member named `SetPlayerEnergyViewing'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: `ENERGY_SEE_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:167: error: for each function it appears in.)
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:168: error: structure has no member named `ResetPlayerEnergyViewing'

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c: In function `removeOverrides':

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.c:660: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

make.exe: *** [../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Anonymous - Thu May 17, 2007 5:06 pm
Post subject:
and this is what DevCpp displays in red after that compile

if (energyViewing) game->SetPlayerEnergyViewing(p, ENERGY_SEE_ALL);
Dr Brain - Thu May 17, 2007 9:44 pm
Post subject:
Either use the hyperspace updates in monotone, or remove all the lines related to energy viewing in spawner.
Anonymous - Thu May 17, 2007 10:37 pm
Post subject:
deleted \\energy viewing, and got to a [/code]int i;
for (i = 0; i < 8; i++)

then after compile i got this list of linker errors

int i;
for (i = 0; i < 8; i++)

Anonymous - Thu May 17, 2007 10:40 pm
Post subject:
Executing  make...
dllwrap.exe --output-def ../ssdev/libhscore.def --implib ../ssdev/libhscore.a ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_freqman.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_itemsstub.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_moneystub.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_rewards.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_storeman.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o  -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" --no-export-all-symbols --add-stdcall-alias ../ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps/pthreadGC2.dll   -o ../ssdev/hscore.dll

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x18f):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `LLRemove'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x1ae):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x37a):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `delimcpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x58c):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x5a9):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x5c6):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x602):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x64c):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0xab5):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x133e):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x1375):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x13ce):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x1be5):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x1d77):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x1d7f):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o(.text+0x1d92):hscore_teamnames.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.o(.text+0x53d):hscore_commands.c: undefined reference to `HashEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x494):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x4a4):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x4b4):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x52a):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `hash_enum_afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x53f):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `HashEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x564):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `HashEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x5e8):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x61b):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x632):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x787):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x797):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x7a7):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x824):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x857):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x86e):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x8ef):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xa3f):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xa52):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xa62):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xa81):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xab1):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xae4):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xb17):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xe80):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xe9f):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0xecf):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x151b):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x154f):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1787):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1795):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x179d):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `HashAlloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x19b9):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1b08):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1b1b):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1b50):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1b62):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1b92):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1bc5):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1bfa):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1dac):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1efc):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1f0d):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1f42):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1f52):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1f82):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x1fb5):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `astrncpy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2095):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x20a0):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x20f9):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2104):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x210f):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x211f):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `hash_enum_afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x212d):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `HashEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x213b):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `HashFree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2146):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x21fc):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x220a):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2218):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2253):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x227b):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2286):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2291):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x22c9):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x22e4):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x22f4):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2304):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x230c):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x231c):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x232c):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2337):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2358):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x2364):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x238e):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x23a8):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x23b4):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x23c0):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x23ea):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x3181):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLRemove'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x318c):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x32cb):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x32fa):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x36f2):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLRemove'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x36fd):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x385b):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x3869):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x3871):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `HashAlloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x3cc0):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o(.text+0x3ccc):hscore_database.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x254):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `strsplit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0xd87):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0xd95):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x181c):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `HashGetOne'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x1a8c):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `HashGetOne'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x1b87):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x1bb5):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `HashAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x246d):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `HashEnum'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x2518):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `HashGetOne'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x253c):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o(.text+0x256a):hscore_items.c: undefined reference to `HashAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0x573):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0x581):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0x91c):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0x92a):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0xcf1):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0xcff):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0x10b6):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o(.text+0x10c4):hscore_money.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x4f):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_real_query@12'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x75):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0xc1):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_errno@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0xf5):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_field_count@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x13c):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_store_result@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x15e):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x1a2):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_errno@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x200):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_free_result@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x220):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_close@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x237):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_init@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x25e):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x33a):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect@32'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x357):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x3b0):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `MPRemove'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x413):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x4c5):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x55b):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_escape_string@12'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x5f1):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `MPAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x609):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_num_rows@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x61f):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_row@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x6ac):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `MPInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x781):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `astrdup'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x793):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `astrdup'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x7a5):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `astrdup'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x7b7):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `astrdup'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x84a):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `MPAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x877):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `MPDestroy'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x884):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x891):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x89e):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x8ab):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x780):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `HashGetOne'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x791):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x7a5):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `afree'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x7b1):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `amalloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x7bc):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x7e1):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `HashReplace'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o(.text+0x9c9):hscore_prizer.c: undefined reference to `HashAlloc'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_storeman.o(.text+0x1cd):hscore_storeman.c: undefined reference to `strsplit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_storeman.o(.text+0x556):hscore_storeman.c: undefined reference to `LLAdd'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0x6b0):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0x8f7):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0x9c7):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0xb3f):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `LLInit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0xd84):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `LLCount'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0xe54):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `LLEmpty'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o(.text+0x18fa):hscore_buysell.c: undefined reference to `strsplit'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o(.text+0x44bb):hscore_spawner.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o(.text+0x465c):hscore_spawner.c: undefined reference to `current_ticks'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [../ssdev/hscore.dll] Error 1

Execution terminated

Dr Brain - Fri May 18, 2007 12:46 am
Post subject:
Add util.c to the project, and add the mysql library to the linker settings.
Anonymous - Fri May 18, 2007 1:56 am
Post subject:
Executing make...
dllwrap.exe --output-def ../ssdev/libhscore.def --implib ../ssdev/libhscore.a ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_teamnames.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_commands.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_database.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_freqman.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_items.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_itemsstub.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_money.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_moneystub.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_prizer.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_rewards.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_storeman.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_buysell.o ../ssdev/hscore/hscore_spawner.o ../ssdev/asss-1.4.3/src/main/util.o -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"C:/ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps/mysqlinc" --no-export-all-symbols --add-stdcall-alias ../ssdev/asss-1.4.3/windeps/pthreadGC2.dll -o ../ssdev/hscore.dll

../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x4f):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_real_query@12'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x75):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0xc1):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_errno@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0xf5):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_field_count@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x13c):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_store_result@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x15e):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x1a2):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_errno@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x200):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_free_result@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x220):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_close@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x237):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_init@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x25e):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x33a):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect@32'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x357):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_error@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x55b):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_escape_string@12'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x609):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_num_rows@4'
../ssdev/hscore/hscore_mysql.o(.text+0x61f):hscore_mysql.c: undefined reference to `mysql_fetch_row@4'

make.exe: *** [../ssdev/hscore.dll] Error 1

Execution terminated
Smong - Fri May 18, 2007 5:02 am
Post subject:
You still have to link to mysqldll.a in the windeps directory.
Anonymous - Fri May 18, 2007 5:10 am
Post subject:
I actually got it compiled without removing anything.

Now the problem is that as3 crashes at startup with the modules listed.

Tell me if i'm wrong but, I put hscore.dll into /bin and added this to the very bottom of modules.conf

Also, when i add database:mysql it crashes on startup, but that's another topic, or does it need to work for hs to work? (i would assume it does)
Dr Brain - Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 am
Post subject:
The problems are related, since hscore:mysql is a copy of database:mysql. I don't know why it's doing that though.
Anonymous - Sat May 19, 2007 4:00 am
Post subject:
yea i don't know what the problem is, do you know of anything that would prevent the mysql module to boot?
Anonymous - Sat May 19, 2007 4:01 am
Post subject:
Maybe, if it can't connect to the database? Or would that just give you an error in-game.
Animate Dreams - Sat May 19, 2007 2:35 pm
Post subject:
It gives you an error on the console, but not in game, I don't believe.
Anonymous - Sun May 20, 2007 8:18 am
Post subject:
I have not resolved this yet new_let_it_all_out.gif
Dr Brain - Sun May 20, 2007 9:33 am
Post subject:
Have your programmer friend help you run it in a debugger.
Bak - Mon May 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Post subject:
does at crash at startup, or just close?
Anonymous - Fri May 25, 2007 6:31 am
Post subject:
Ok I had upgraded from 2000 to a more stable version of XP. Database modules load fine now, but the hyperspace modules do not load. Crashes at startup.
tcsoccerman - Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:44 pm
Post subject: My errors
Here are even newer debugging results. I've added all the packet\<item>.h files that it says are missing, so i don't know how to fix that.

Errors(82 in C, 76 in C++)

Errors(in c):
Building Makefile: "C:\DOCUME~1\Scott\MYDOCU~1\ATHEMA~2\src\hscore\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\DOCUME~1\Scott\MYDOCU~1\ATHEMA~2\src\hscore\Makefile.win" all
gcc.exe -c hscore_teamnames.c -o hscore_teamnames.o -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/windeps"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/packets"  -DBUILDING_DLL=1 

In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/asss.h:15,
                 from hscore_teamnames.c:7:
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/defs.h:206:27: packets/types.h: No such file or directory
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/defs.h:208:28: packets/simple.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/asss.h:22,
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/player.h:140:27: packets/pdata.h: No such file or directory
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/player.h:141:25: packets/ppk.h: No such file or directory
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/player.h:142:27: packets/login.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/asss.h:22,
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/player.h:182: error: parse error before "PlayerData"
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/player.h:182: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union

C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/player.h:261: error: parse error before '}' token

In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/asss.h:29,
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/core.h:12:27: packets/login.h: No such file or directory
In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/asss.h:29,
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/core.h:174: warning: `struct LoginPacket' declared inside parameter list
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/core.h:174: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want

In file included from C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/asss.h:33,
C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include/game.h:229: warning: `struct C2SPosition' declared inside parameter list

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `freqHasPlayers':
hscore_teamnames.c:109: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:109: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `count_freq':
hscore_teamnames.c:194: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:195: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:197: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `changeTeamCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:231: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:246: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:246: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:264: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:264: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:265: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:268: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:272: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:273: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:299: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c:306: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:315: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `teamsCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:325: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `getTeamCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:347: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:347: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:349: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `getOwnerCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:364: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:364: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:375: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `giveOwnerCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:391: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:391: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c:399: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:399: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:402: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `teamKickCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:433: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:433: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:444: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:444: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:448: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `setTeamPasswordCommand':
hscore_teamnames.c:491: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:491: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `getPlayerTeamName':
hscore_teamnames.c:539: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:539: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `count_current_playing':
hscore_teamnames.c:549: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:550: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:551: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `FindLegalShip':
hscore_teamnames.c:562: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:581: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `BalanceFreqs':
hscore_teamnames.c:625: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:626: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:628: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:629: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `screen_res_allowed':
hscore_teamnames.c:657: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:657: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `Initial':
hscore_teamnames.c:670: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:673: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:683: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `Ship':
hscore_teamnames.c:712: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:715: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c:728: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:741: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:751: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:751: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:777: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:787: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c:807: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:808: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c: In function `Freq':
hscore_teamnames.c:814: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:857: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:865: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:866: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:875: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:876: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:887: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:890: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:891: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c: In function `shipChangeCallback':
hscore_teamnames.c:905: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

hscore_teamnames.c:907: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
hscore_teamnames.c:908: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

make.exe: *** [hscore_teamnames.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

Dr Brain - Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:38 pm
Post subject:
pthread.h: No such file or directory

Fix this first.
Smong - Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:20 am
Post subject:
Make sure you have setup the include directories:

That should fix all the packets/*.h errors and any pthread.h error.
tcsoccerman - Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:12 am
Post subject:
Very nice! how much?!

total errors:6

compile log:

Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\aThe matrix\src\hscore\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\aThe matrix\src\hscore\Makefile.win" all
gcc.exe -c hscore_teamnames.c -o hscore_teamnames.o -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/windeps"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src"  -DBUILDING_DLL=1 

gcc.exe -c hscore_buysell.c -o hscore_buysell.o -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src/include"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/windeps"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix"  -I"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/src"  -DBUILDING_DLL=1 

hscore_buysell.c: In function `printCategoryItems':
hscore_buysell.c:72: error: `for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

hscore_buysell.c: In function `printShipList':

hscore_buysell.c:113: error: `for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

hscore_buysell.c: In function `buyItem':
hscore_buysell.c:212: error: `for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

hscore_buysell.c: In function `sellItem':
hscore_buysell.c:320: error: `for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

hscore_buysell.c: In function `buyCommand':
hscore_buysell.c:539: error: `for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

hscore_buysell.c: In function `sellCommand':
hscore_buysell.c:690: error: `for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

make.exe: *** [hscore_buysell.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

tcsoccerman - Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:27 am
Post subject:
I fixed all those errors by changing the int i declaration up, and then just deleting the "int" in the for loop. that fixed the errors, and compiled a little further till i got to another int i problem. fixed that, the n "//" out the energy part, and finally got to the end of compiling and got tons of errors, and ridiculous ones too(in my mind).i get these errors:

total errors:122

Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\aThe matrix\src\hscore\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\aThe matrix\src\hscore\Makefile.win" all
dllwrap.exe --output-def libhscore.def --implib libhscore.a hscore_teamnames.o hscore_buysell.o hscore_commands.o hscore_database.o hscore_freqman.o hscore_items.o hscore_itemsstub.o hscore_money.o hscore_moneystub.o hscore_mysql.o hscore_prizer.o hscore_rewards.o hscore_spawner.o hscore_storeman.o ../main/util.o  -L"C:/Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/zone file/asss-1.4.2/Dev-Cpp/lib" --no-export-all-symbols --add-stdcall-alias ../database/mysql.c "../../../../../../Documents and Settings/Scott/My Documents/aThe matrix/windeps/mysqldll.a"   -o hscore.dll

../database/mysql.c:13:18: asss.h: No such file or directory
../database/mysql.c:15:19: reldb.h: No such file or directory
../database/mysql.c:17:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
../database/mysql.c:27: error: parse error before "query_callback"

../database/mysql.c:27: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
../database/mysql.c:32: error: parse error before '}' token
../database/mysql.c:35: error: parse error before "Iconfig"
../database/mysql.c:35: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../database/mysql.c:36: error: parse error before "Ilogman"
../database/mysql.c:36: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../database/mysql.c:38: error: syntax error before "const"

../database/mysql.c:40: error: parse error before "MPQueue"
../database/mysql.c:40: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../database/mysql.c:41: error: parse error before "pthread_t"
../database/mysql.c:41: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../database/mysql.c:42: error: syntax error before "volatile"
../database/mysql.c:44: error: parse error before "MYSQL"
../database/mysql.c:44: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../database/mysql.c:47: error: syntax error before "void"
../database/mysql.c: In function `do_query':
../database/mysql.c:51: error: request for member `Log' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:51: error: `L_DRIVEL' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:51: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

../database/mysql.c:51: error: for each function it appears in.)
../database/mysql.c:51: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:53: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:53: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:58: error: request for member `Log' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:58: error: `L_WARN' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:59: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:59: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:60: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:60: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:67: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:68: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:68: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:72: error: `MYSQL_RES' undeclared (first use in this function)

../database/mysql.c:72: error: `res' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:77: error: request for member `Log' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:78: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:78: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:79: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:79: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:83: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:84: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:84: error: `db_res' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:84: error: parse error before ')' token
../database/mysql.c:84: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:84: error: parse error before ')' token
../database/mysql.c: At top level:
../database/mysql.c:92: error: syntax error before "void"
../database/mysql.c: In function `close_db':
../database/mysql.c:95: error: `MYSQL' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:95: error: parse error before ')' token

../database/mysql.c:98: error: syntax error before "void"
../database/mysql.c: In function `work_thread':

../database/mysql.c:102: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:106: error: request for member `Log' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:106: error: `L_WARN' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:116: error: request for member `Log' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:116: error: `L_INFO' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:117: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
../database/mysql.c:119: error: request for member `Log' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:131: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:133: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:136: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:137: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:137: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

../database/mysql.c:154: error: syntax error before "int"
../database/mysql.c:160: error: syntax error before "int"
../database/mysql.c:160: error: parse error before "cb"
../database/mysql.c: In function `Query':
../database/mysql.c:168: error: `fmt' undeclared (first use in this function)

../database/mysql.c:181: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:181: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:182: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:183: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:183: error: `cb' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:184: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:185: error: `notifyfail' undeclared (first use in this function)

../database/mysql.c:186: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:188: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:213: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:213: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
../database/mysql.c:168: error: `va_start' used in function with fixed args

../database/mysql.c:190: error: `va_start' used in function with fixed args

../database/mysql.c:221: error: syntax error before "int"
../database/mysql.c:221: error: parse error before '*' token
../database/mysql.c: In function `GetRowCount':
../database/mysql.c:223: error: `MYSQL_RES' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:223: error: parse error before ')' token
../database/mysql.c:226: error: syntax error before "int"

../database/mysql.c:226: error: parse error before '*' token
../database/mysql.c: In function `GetFieldCount':
../database/mysql.c:228: error: `MYSQL_RES' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:228: error: parse error before ')' token
../database/mysql.c:231: error: parse error before "db_row"
../database/mysql.c:231: error: parse error before '*' token
../database/mysql.c: In function `GetRow':
../database/mysql.c:233: error: `db_row' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:233: error: parse error before ')' token
../database/mysql.c:236: error: syntax error before "const"

../database/mysql.c:236: error: parse error before '*' token
../database/mysql.c: In function `GetField':
../database/mysql.c:238: error: `MYSQL_ROW' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:238: error: parse error before "row"
../database/mysql.c:238: error: `fieldnum' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:241: error: syntax error before "int"

../database/mysql.c:246: error: syntax error before "int"

../database/mysql.c: In function `EscapeString':
../database/mysql.c:252: error: `FALSE' undeclared (first use in this function)

../database/mysql.c:254: error: `TRUE' undeclared (first use in this function)

../database/mysql.c:259: error: parse error before "Ireldb"
../database/mysql.c:261: error: `I_RELDB' undeclared here (not in a function)

../database/mysql.c:262: error: initializer element is not constant
../database/mysql.c:262: error: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:262: error: parse error before "GetStatus"
../database/mysql.c:263: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
../database/mysql.c:263: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:264: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
../database/mysql.c:264: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:264: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer

../database/mysql.c:264: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:265: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
../database/mysql.c:265: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:265: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
../database/mysql.c:265: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:266: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
../database/mysql.c:266: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:268: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer
../database/mysql.c:268: warning: (near initialization for `my_int')
../database/mysql.c:268: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
../database/mysql.c:271: error: syntax error before "int"
../database/mysql.c:271: error: parse error before "Imodman"
../database/mysql.c: In function `MM_mysql':
../database/mysql.c:275: error: `action' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:275: error: `MM_LOAD' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:277: error: `mm' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:277: error: `I_CONFIG' undeclared (first use in this function)

../database/mysql.c:277: error: `ALLARENAS' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:278: error: `I_LOGMAN' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:280: error: `MM_FAIL' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:287: error: request for member `GetStr' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:287: error: `GLOBAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:290: error: request for member `GetStr' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:293: error: request for member `GetStr' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:296: error: request for member `GetStr' in something not a structure or union
../database/mysql.c:301: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:302: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:303: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:304: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
../database/mysql.c:311: error: `MM_OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
../database/mysql.c:313: error: `MM_UNLOAD' undeclared (first use in this function)

make.exe: *** [hscore.dll] Error 1

Execution terminated

Doc Flabby - Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:24 pm
Post subject:
Compiling was a breeze for me, Everything good except.

Any settings i may have missed?

I'm getting this error for some reason after the first sucessful connection to the remote server its trying to connect to the local msyql server, which i dont want.

I <mysql> connecting to mysql db on remote.**, user *****, db ****
I <hscore_mysql> connecting to mysql db on remote.***, user ****, db ****
D <main> entering main loop
W <mysql> connect failed: Access denied for user '******'@'localhost'(using password: YES)
W <hscore_mysql> connect failed: Access denied for user '******'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Smong - Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:33 pm
Post subject:
@tcsoccerman
Add windeps/mysqlinc to the include directories too.
tcsoccerman - Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:07 pm
Post subject:
i've already done that.
Dr Brain - Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:05 am
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:

I'm getting this error for some reason after the first sucessful connection to the remote server its trying to connect to the local msyql server, which i dont want.

W <mysql> connect failed: Access denied for user '******'@'localhost'(using password: YES)
W <hscore_mysql> connect failed: Access denied for user '******'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Sounds like a mysql access problem. The only config for hscore_mysql is:

Hyperspace:Hostname
Hyperspace:User
Hyperspace:Password
Hyperspace:Database

hscore_mysql.c is more or less a clone of mysql.c.
Dr Brain - Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:08 am
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:

Sounds like a mysql access problem. The only config for hscore_mysql is:

Hyperspace:Hostname
Hyperspace:User
Hyperspace:Password
Hyperspace:Database

hscore_mysql.c is more or less a clone of mysql.c.
Dr Brain - Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:11 am
Post subject:
New version.

Lot and lots of bug fixes. Table layout is different, so if you have data you want to keep, you'll have to manually change them. Otherwise, drop them and let the database module take care of it.

Known issues:
There's still issues with prizing after buying&selling or losing ammo.
?grantitem has virtually no protection for invalid commands. It's been known to totally mess up settings packets for players. Use with caution.

Edit: removed old version
tcsoccerman - Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:04 am
Post subject:
I got 212 errors labeled
Linker Error
. i have included mysqlla.a in linker settings and that's it.

also, i've never used mysql before, so what are the basics to setting it up? what should i put for
Hyperspace:database
or
Hyperspace:host
?

is the mysql file automatically made after you play continuum for the first time? i'll try dling that program you mentioned in post #1.
KrynetiX - Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:53 am
Post subject:
I've gotten hscore to compile on windows, but I don't recommend it, it probably won't work unless you compile asss on windows first (not a precompiled version)

I switched over to ubuntu, and i got asss and hscore to compile with little errors, and the errors were my own fault.

You need a mysql database, ask someone.

They will give you the input for [mysql] then you can connect to it via a GUI.

but i suggest ubuntu
Doc Flabby - Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:34 pm
Post subject:
Dr Brain wrote:
Sounds like a mysql access problem

ya it is, found out the remote mysql server is not letting my server connect to it
KrynetiX - Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 pm
Post subject:
lol sry bout' that
KrynetiX - Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:54 pm
Post subject:
Hehe, I'm staring at the SQL database..
Give me a few first steps here Dr Brain
KrynetiX - Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:08 pm
Post subject:
in public nothing happens when i type ?money, or ?ships, or ?shipstatus, ?changeteam, ?iteminfo, ect

when i type ?buy
"There are no items available to purchase in this arena."

it lets me get into any ship, does not tell me to ?buy hulls

(public)/arena.conf
Hyperspace:ArenaIdentifier = main

; drop in all of svs settings here
#include conf/svs/svs.conf

; but override these particular ones
[Warbird]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[terrier]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[Javelin]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[terrier]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[Leviathan]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[terrier]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[lancaster]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[weasel]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[shark]
buyprice=10
sellprice=10000

[Bomb]
BombDamageLevel=7500

[ General ]
Map = smallmap.lvl
; LevelFiles = b1.lvz, b2.lvz

[ Misc ]
SeeEnergy = $SEE_TEAM
SpecSeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL

[ Modules ]
; this key holds the names of the modules that will take effect in this
; arena. typical things to put here are modules for scoring, special
; game types, flag guards, etc.
AttachModules = \
   fm_normal \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
buy

; separate out settings for flags and balls into separate files
#include flags.conf

#include balls.conf

in modules.conf
;; alias database stuff:
database:mysql
; database:aliasdb

;; python modules:
;; pymod must be loaded before any "<py>" modules.
; pymod:pymod
; <py> fm_password
; <py> exec
; <py> fg_wz
; <py> fg_turf

[/b]

P.S.

asss4@katie:~$ Loading modules...
-bash: Loading: command not found
I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
asss4@katie:~$ I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
-bash: cmod: No such file or directory
asss4@katie:~$ E <unixsignal> found previous asss still running
-bash: unixsignal: No such file or directory
asss4@katie:~$ E <cmod> error loading module 'unixsignal'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
*** asss exited: error loading modules
asss4@katie:~$ Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
asss4@katie:~$ *** asss exited: error loading modules

Dr Brain - Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm
Post subject:
KrynetiX wrote:
in public nothing happens when i type ?money, or ?ships, or ?shipstatus, ?changeteam, ?iteminfo, ect

Make sure you added them into groupdef.dir.

KrynetiX wrote:
when i type ?buy
"There are no items available to purchase in this arena."

You need to attach hscore_buysell properly (see below). You'll also need to put some stuff into the database.

KrynetiX wrote:
(public)/arena.conf

AttachModules = \
   fm_normal \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
buy

Try with \ at the end of each except the last. You only want buysell, storeman, teamnames, rewards, commands and spawner. Also remove buy and fm_normal from the list.

KrynetiX wrote:

P.S.

asss4@katie:~$ Loading modules...
-bash: Loading: command not found
I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
asss4@katie:~$ I <cmod> loading C module 'unixsignal' from 'internal'
asss4@katie:~$ E <unixsignal> found previous asss still running
-bash: unixsignal: No such file or directory
asss4@katie:~$ E <cmod> error loading module 'unixsignal'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
*** asss exited: error loading modules
asss4@katie:~$ Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'unixsignal'
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
asss4@katie:~$ *** asss exited: error loading modules

Looks like you copied and pasted an error log into a shell. I don't know what you mean by it.
KrynetiX - Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:53 am
Post subject:
OK thanks, much better, the basic interface is online, although i can't get ?changeteams to do anything.

I still don't understand the database. If you could explain that to me.

Just explain how to define a category and an item.
Dr Brain - Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 am
Post subject:
One note: items and item types are global, and categories and stores are assigned to specific arena identifiers. For an item to "exist" in an arena, it must be attached to a category.

For hs_categories:

Leave ID null, it'll get filled in automatically. Name and desc are obvious. Arena is the arena identifier you've chosen (looks like "main"). Order isn't important unless you want categories to display in a certain order. Lower numbers come before higher numbers. Hidden is whether normal players can see it. You have to give staff the "seehiddencat" capability in groupdef for them to see it.

For hs_category_items:

Item id is the id of the item you want to add to a category. Category id is the the id of the category you want to add it to. Order is the same as above. Items with lower orders come before items with higher orders, so ignore it if you don't care.

For hs_stores:

Stores work the same way as categories. Region is the name of the region they have to be in to buy the associated items. "anywhere" is a special keyword, and means that players are considered inside the store anywhere in the arena.

For hs_store_items:

Same as hs_store categories.

For hs_items:

First few settings are obvious. Ships allowed is a binary representation of the ships. Warbird = 1, Jav = 2, Spider = 4, ..., Lancaster = 64, Shark = 128. Just add up the numbers of the ships you want to allow the item on. Item types is a comma seperated list of the item type ids (this is on the new hscore version). Use a colon to specify a usage of more than one. If you only have 1 item type on the item, just specify the item type id. Max is easy. Delay write only matters on ammo or other things that change all the time. Ammo is the item id of an items ammo. You can leave it 0. Affects sets in whether any of the item's properties change the clientset packet. Most items do (only things like TW Token, Jump Engines and Field Launcher don't). Resend setting is if the spawner needs to resend the settings packet before /?prizing them. Only items that don't affect settings or use ONLY bursts, decoys, thors, etc. can leave this at 0.

For hs_item_properties:

This is basically just the output from the bottom of ?iteminfo.

For hs_item_events:

Start simple icon_wink.gif

For hs_item_types:

Should be pretty straight forward.

That's all of them. Post if something is still unclear.
KrynetiX - Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:31 am
Post subject:
very informing

but hmm, i still don't get it, if there were just one or two sample items already specified in the database it would probably be a breeze

can you tell me where to actually place these values
like i said, i'm staring at this database, i had never used mysql before

I'm using SQLYog..
KrynetiX - Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:37 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
I <hscore_mysql> connecting to mysql db on ssdev.hlrse.net, user aquarius, db aq uarius_asss
I <mysql> connecting to mysql db on ssdev.hlrse.net, user aquarius, db aquarius_ asss
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_categories` ( `id` int(1 0) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', ` description` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL defa ult '', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `hidden` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_category_items` ( `item_ id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `category_id` int(10) unsigned NOT N ULL default '0', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_events` ( `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `event` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '' , `action` mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0', `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `message` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '' `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to us e near 'id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))' at line 1
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_properties` ( `item _id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `value` int(11) NOT NULL default '0' `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_ increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to us e near 'id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))' at line 1
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_types` ( `id` int(1 0) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', ` max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_items` ( `id` int(10) un signed NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '', `short _description` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `long_description` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `buy_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `sell_price` in t(11) NOT NULL default '0', `exp_required` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `ship s_allowed` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `item_types` varchar(250) NOT NULL def ault '', `max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `delay_write` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `ammo` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `affects_sets` tin yint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `resend_sets` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', P RIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <mapnewsdl> news file 'news.txt' reread
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ship_items` ( `sh ip_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NU LL default '0', `count` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`ship_id`,`item_id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ships` ( `id` int (10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `player_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL de fault '0', `ship` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NUL L default '', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_players` ( `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `mon ey` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `exp` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_g ive` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_grant` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_buysell` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_kill` int(11) NOT NULL de fault '0', `money_flag` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_ball` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `money_event` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (` id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_store_items` ( `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `store_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL de fault '0', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_stores` ( `id` int(10) u nsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `desc ription` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '', `region` varchar(16) NOT NULL defaul t '', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '', `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL def ault '0', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_transactions` ( `id` int (10) NOT NULL auto_increment, `srcplayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `tgtpl ayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `action` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', `amount` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE `hs_player_points` ( `player_id` int(10) u nsigned NOT NULL default '0', `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL, `points_global` in t(11) default '0', `points_1` int(11) default NULL, `points_2` int(11) default NULL, `points_3` int(11) default NULL, `points_4` int(11) default NULL, `poi nts_5` int(11) default NULL, `points_6` int(11) default NULL, `points_7` int(1 1) default NULL, `points_8` int(11) default NULL, UNIQUE KEY `index` (`player_ id`,`arena`))
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: Table 'hs_player_points' already exists
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, max FROM hs_item_types
W <hscore_database> No item types returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 item types were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, short_description, long_description, bu y_price, sell_price, exp_required, ships_allowed, item_types, max, delay_write, ammo, affects_sets, resend_sets FROM hs_items
W <hscore_database> No items returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 items were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, name, value FROM hs_item_properties
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: Table 'aquarius_asss.hs_item_properties' doesn' t exist
E <hscore_database> Unexpected database error during property load.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, event, action, data, message FROM hs_ite m_events
W <hscore_mysql> error in query: Table 'aquarius_asss.hs_item_events' doesn't ex ist
E <hscore_database> Unexpected database error during event load.

Dr Brain - Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 pm
Post subject:
This should fix that problem. The sql for the creation of a few of the tables were missing commas. I don't know how many years that's been sitting there like that.
tcsoccerman - Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:15 pm
Post subject:
Any luck w/ my problem?
Dr Brain - Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:38 pm
Post subject:
Which?
tcsoccerman - Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:42 pm
Post subject:
I got 212 errors labeled Linker Error
. i have included mysqlla.a in linker settings and that's it.

also, i've never used mysql before, so what are the basics to setting it up? what should i put for Hyperspace:database
or Hyperspace:host
?
Dr Brain - Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:56 pm
Post subject:
Look for something ending in .lib rather than .a.
tcsoccerman - Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 pm
Post subject:
couldn't find anything like that :\.
KrynetiX - Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:43 pm
Post subject:
E <hscore_database> {battlezone} [Aquarius] asked to store unloaded ships
E <hscore_database> {battlezone} [Aquarius] Asked to load ships for unloaded player.
Your ship data is not loaded in this arena. If you just entered, please wait a moment and try again.
Dr Brain - Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 pm
Post subject:
If there's an error loading the ships from mysql, it'll give that error. Anything obvious in the logs around those lines?
KrynetiX - Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:30 pm
Post subject:
that is the complete log.
i posted that because i was talking to d1st0rt about it and he asked me what specifically occured

(i should be posting when im sober)

but... a *recycle temporarily fixes the problem, but then this happens down the line.

I'm sure i will figure it out, especially with the responces i get from those who are fluent with hscore (brain)

i must sleep now, also feel like a noob for posting wile i just got home from being dumb ha

figure this in a few days, life i love it
Dr Brain - Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:48 am
Post subject:
Open up asss.log and look in there.
AJ - Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:30 pm
Post subject:
I got an error when i try to start asss with this things. I get:

E <cmod> error in LoadLibrary: One of the library files needed to run this appli
cation cannot be found.

Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'database:mysql'

Animate Dreams - Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:29 pm
Post subject:
Well... it means you're having problems loading the mysql module. Did you try re-compiling the server? Make absolutely sure that have_mysql is set to yes, and that all of your MYSQL flags are set correctly. I just realized I have absolutely no idea how this works on Windows.
AJ - Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:32 pm
Post subject:
I'm new to asss so I don't know how to add all of these things.
Dr Brain - Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:34 pm
Post subject:
These posts really belong somewhere else, as they're not related to the HS core modules.

But you should compile things from source yourself. You'll find that once you've got that working, you won't get library problems (which is what you're having).
AJ - Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:57 am
Post subject:
How do I compile things? I have the hscore folder in my core folder. Should it be there?
Dr Brain - Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Post subject:
No, it should be at the top level of the src folder. I'm not sure exactly how things are compiled on windows, but under linux it uses the ASSS makefile system and will get built when you build everything else.
CypherJF - Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:04 pm
Post subject:
BTW, I have no problem compiling the HS modules under Windows.
tcsoccerman - Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:55 pm
Post subject:
even I got it to work icon_smile.gif ....With clear instructions how to from cypherjf
Dr Brain - Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 pm
Post subject:
Uploaded new version.

Lots of bug fixes. Ammo works. Probably some new properties.
tcsoccerman - Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:34 pm
Post subject:
in the first post?
Dr Brain - Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 am
Post subject:
Yes.
Acer1001 - Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 pm
Post subject:
I tried adding this in and when i tried to start asss it just opened and closed quickly. Any reason why it would be doing that?
Dr Brain - Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:31 pm
Post subject:
Probably something isn't loading right. Open up a command window and start it in there. That should let you know what's going wrong.

The log file might also have useful information.
Acer1001 - Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:19 pm
Post subject:
I get this when i open it from a command prompt: "Loading modules...
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in modules.conf: Can't open file 'conf/modules.conf for reading"
Dr Brain - Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:37 pm
Post subject:
You were running asss from the wrong directory.

in game update: trying to use the linux binaries on windows.
Aquarius - Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 am
Post subject:
I just dropped hscore in src, did make deps and make, this is what I got: (ASSS 5 RC1)

make
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build  -Ihscore -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/hscore_buysell.o hscore/hscore_buysell.c
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build  -Ihscore -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/hscore_commands.o hscore/hscore_commands.c
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build  -Ihscore -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/hscore_database.o hscore/hscore_database.c
hscore/hscore_database.c:163: warning: ?getItemTypeByID? defined but not used
gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -I. -Iinclude -I../build  -Ihscore -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/hscore_items.o hscore/hscore_items.c
hscore/hscore_items.c: In function ?doEvent?:
hscore/hscore_items.c:697: error: ?Igame? has no member named ?SetFreqAndShip?
make: *** [../build/hscore_items.o] Error 1

Dr Brain - Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:03 am
Post subject:
That version was built against an older version of the core. Grab a newer copy from here: http://bitbucket.org/drbrain/hscore/

If you don't have mercurial, you can use the get source button in the upper right hand corner of the website to download a zip or tar file.
KrynetiX - Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 am
Post subject:
during make
It was first missing selfpos.h which I couldn't find at http://bitbucket.org/drbrain/hscore/

I found it here http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=8092&highlight=selfpos+h

ran make again, now missing formula.h, but i don't really want to hunt these files down and mix up versions

It seems like it might just be missing util package from the thread above

So adding formula.h and selfpos.h and running make gave me a problem with rewards.c

hscore/hscore_rewards.c:84: error: expected ?=?, ?,?, ?;?, ?asm? or ?__attribute__? before ?*? token
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:94: error: expected ?=?, ?,?, ?;?, ?asm? or ?__attribute__? before ?*? token
hscore/hscore_rewards.c: In function ?update_flag_rewards?:
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:221: error: ?FormulaVariable? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:221: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:221: error: for each function it appears in.)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:221: error: expected ?;? before ?arena_var?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:222: error: ?arena_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:223: error: ?VAR_TYPE_ARENA? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:225: error: ?freq_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:226: error: ?VAR_TYPE_FREQ? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:235: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:235: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:235: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:245: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:245: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:245: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:255: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:255: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:255: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:265: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:265: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:265: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c: In function ?calculateKillExpReward?:
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:405: error: ?FormulaVariable? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:405: error: expected ?;? before ?killer_var?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:406: error: ?killer_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:407: error: ?VAR_TYPE_PLAYER? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:409: error: ?killed_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:412: error: ?bounty_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:413: error: ?VAR_TYPE_DOUBLE? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:415: error: ?arena_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:416: error: ?VAR_TYPE_ARENA? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:428: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:428: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:428: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:440: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:440: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:440: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c: In function ?calculateKillMoneyReward?:
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:462: error: ?FormulaVariable? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:462: error: expected ?;? before ?killer_var?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:463: error: ?killer_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:464: error: ?VAR_TYPE_PLAYER? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:466: error: ?killed_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:469: error: ?bounty_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:470: error: ?VAR_TYPE_DOUBLE? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:472: error: ?arena_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:473: error: ?VAR_TYPE_ARENA? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:485: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:485: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:485: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:497: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:497: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:497: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c: In function ?getPeriodicPoints?:
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:711: error: ?FormulaVariable? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:711: error: expected ?;? before ?arena_var?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:712: error: ?arena_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:713: error: ?VAR_TYPE_ARENA? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:715: error: ?freq_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:716: error: ?VAR_TYPE_FREQ? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:719: error: ?flags_var? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:720: error: ?VAR_TYPE_DOUBLE? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:732: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:732: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:732: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:742: warning: passing argument 3 of ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt? makes integer from pointer without a cast
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:742: note: expected ?int? but argument is of type ?void *?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:742: error: too many arguments to function ?formula->EvaluateFormulaInt?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c: In function ?MM_hscore_rewards?:
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:1134: error: ?Iformula? has no member named ?RegPlayerProperty?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:1134: error: ?player_exp_callback? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:1135: error: ?Iformula? has no member named ?RegPlayerProperty?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:1135: error: ?player_money_callback? undeclared (first use in this function)
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:1141: error: ?Iformula? has no member named ?UnregPlayerProperty?
hscore/hscore_rewards.c:1142: error: ?Iformula? has no member named ?UnregPlayerProperty?
make: *** [../build/hscore_rewards.o] Error 1

Dr Brain - Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:05 am
Post subject:
Sorry, I completely forgot about hs_util. Grab the latest copy from http://bitbucket.org/drbrain/hs_util/ and put it into hs_util in src/

"make clean", and "make" should do the trick after that.
KrynetiX - Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm
Post subject:
edit: solved

Edit: it all compiled fine (except for these strange lines of make output)
at the very beginning:
jess@jess-desktop:~/Desktop/as3/src$ make
Makefile:114: ../build/deps.mk: No such file or directory

and towards the end:
warning: I_ARENAPLACE::Place: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SET_BANNER: guessing arena from player argument
warning: I_CAPMAN::HasCapability: guessing arena from player argument
warning: I_CAPMAN::HigherThan: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_CHATMSG: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SHIPFREQCHANGE: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SPAWN: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_SAFEZONE: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_GREEN: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_ATTACH: guessing arena from player argument
warning: CB_CROWNCHANGE: guessing arena from player argument

giving run/asss a go loads all core modules, proceeds to load hscore_myql,database,money, and fails at items:
I <cmod> loading C module 'hscore_items' from 'hscore'
E <cmod> error loading module 'hscore_items'
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'hscore:hscore_items'

Dr Brain - Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:38 pm
Post subject:
You have nothing to worry about with those lines in your make output.

Here's a list of modules to start with:

hs_util:selfpos
hs_util:kill
hs_util:menu
hs_util:formula

hscore:hscore_wepevents
hscore:hscore_enforcer

; optional
hscore:hscore_balancer
hs_util:formula_cmd

You were missing selfpos for hscore_items.
Dr Brain - Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:59 pm
Post subject:
Player capabilities:
cmd_buy
cmd_sell
cmd_ships
cmd_shipstatus
cmd_shipitems
cmd_shipinfo
cmd_resetyesiknowwhatimdoing
cmd_iteminfo
cmd_money
privcmd_give
privcmd_showmoney
privcmd_showexp
cmd_killmessages
cmd_bountytype
cmd_storeinfo

Sysop:
cmd_reloaditems
cmd_storeall
cmd_grantitem
privcmd_grantitem

Mod:
privcmd_ships
privcmd_shipstatus
privcmd_shipitems
cmd_grant
privcmd_grant
cmd_grantexp
privcmd_grantexp
cmd_setmoney
privcmd_setmoney
cmd_setexp
privcmd_setexp

Aquarius - Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:30 pm
Post subject:
I understand most of the data base except item_events and item_properties.

Can you explain these rows?
Dr Brain - Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm
Post subject:
Item properties is the easy one:
item_id corresponds to the id in the item table
name corresponds to the name of the property (e.g. thrust)
value is the +1 or -5 or whatever
absolute is if the value should override the ship default (absolute properties are displayed as an = in ?iteminfo)
ignore_count means that the value is unaffected by how many copies of the item you have.
id is just a unique way to address that row, and can be left NULL during creation.

Item events:
event is the name of the event (e.g. bullet)
action is an integer corresponding to the action (see later)
data depends on the action
message is a message sent to the player during the action

The action #s can be found in hscore_types.h near the top. They start from zero and count up. So ACTION_PRIZE is 3, and uses the data field as the prize #.

You don't need events to create most items, thankfully.
KrynetiX - Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:06 pm
Post subject:
I'm a bit confused. How would I for example make an item that prizes 500 bounty.

Edit: Also,
how would I make a simple +1 bomb level item?
Does absolute mean that warbird:initial/maxbombs can =1 in arena.conf but the warbird who bought it will still go up to lvl2?
As for ships_allowed, do i take 1,2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 and add them all together making the value 255 if i want all ships to have access to the item? (255 seems to only allow warbird)
Dr Brain - Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:30 am
Post subject:
When do you want the item to prize the player?

For an example bomb, I've attached the TacNuke's properties from Hyperspace:

+------------------+----------------+
| Property Name    | Property Value |
| bomblevel        | +3             |
| prox             | +1             |
| shrapnel         | +5             |
| bombdelay        | =400           |
| bombenergy       | =616           |
| maxmines         | =0             |
| minedelay        | =512           |
| mineenergy       | =667           |
| initialbounty    | -6             |
| shraplevel       | =3             |

The = means absolute property.

If you don't specify a property, it should use the settings default (e.g. maxmines).

Yes, the spawner pretty much ignores the maximum bomb and gun settings.

Yes, 255 will give access to all ships. 3 will give access to warbird and javelin. 12 will give access to spider and leviathan. 64 will give access to just lancaster.
KrynetiX - Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:25 pm
Post subject:
I'd like to see the database settings for an item that prizes the player +1 gun level (override arena settings) and saves it to his ship. And database settings for an item that prizes the player 50 greens just one time.
Dr Brain - Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:04 am
Post subject:
I haven't tested these, but they should do what you want:

+----+-------------+-------------------+------------------+-----------+------------+--------------+---------------+-----+-------------+------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+
| id | name        | short_description | long_description | buy_price | sell_price | exp_required | ships_allowed | max | delay_write | ammo | needs_ammo | min_ammo | affects_sets | resend_sets |
+----+-------------+-------------------+------------------+-----------+------------+--------------+---------------+-----+-------------+------+------------+----------+--------------+-------------+
|  1 | Pulse Laser | Basic armament    |                  |       500 |        250 |            0 |           255 |   1 |           0 |    0 |          0 |        0 |            1 |           1 |
|  2 | Prizer      | Prizes 500        |                  |       500 |        250 |            0 |           255 |   1 |           0 |    0 |          0 |        0 |            0 |           0 |

+---------+---------------+-------+----------+--------------+----+
| item_id | name          | value | absolute | ignore_count | id |
|       1 | gunlevel      |     1 |        0 |            0 |  1 |

+---------+-------------+--------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----+
| item_id | event       | action | data | message                                                                                   | id  |
+---------+-------------+--------+------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----+
|       2 | add         |      1 |    1 |                                                                                           |   1 |
|       2 | add         |     13 |  500 |                                                                                           |   2 |

The 1,1 removes the item when it's added, and the 13,500 adds 500 bounty to the player.
KrynetiX - Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:16 pm
Post subject:
The gun doesn't upgrade until a shipreset occurs.

And the bounty only prizes bounty, and none of the prizes that come with the bounty. I find that kind of strange.
Dr Brain - Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:04 pm
Post subject:
Did you enter the affects_sets and resend_sets on the gun item? Having those as 0 would prevent it from setting them immediately.

As for the prize, I'm not sure I ever added a random prize action (I never had a need for it). It's easy to tell it to give the person a specific prize. You could easily tell it to give someone 50 multiprizes, for example. If you've got your heart set on 500 random prizes, though, it could be added with a small amount of programming.
Hakaku - Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:05 pm
Post subject:
Could it be that your settings are configured so that you can't prize anything when picking up bounty? If so, then it would also affect regular prizing.

edit: ignore me, Dr Brain answered
KrynetiX - Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:29 am
Post subject:
Dr Brain wrote:
Did you enter the affects_sets and resend_sets on the gun item?

I certainly did.
Dr Brain - Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 am
Post subject:
Oh I know what's wrong. The module doesn't prize you a L1 gun, since it assumes that all ships start with a worthless L1 for shrapnel reasons. If you set the level to 2 or 3, you should get what you expect.
KrynetiX - Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:16 pm
Post subject:
Everything is working.
tcsoccerman - Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 pm
Post subject:
i was able to compile the whole thing under linux but at the very end, it posted this error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient_r
make: *** [../build/hscore.so] Error 1

Hakaku - Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:36 pm
Post subject:
Your error message is telling you that it cannot find your Mysqlclient library at the specified location. You'll probably have to install it.
tcsoccerman - Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:58 pm
Post subject:
hmmm that's wierd becuase when i go to synaptic manager, mysql-server and mysql-client are both installed. Do i need to install mysql another way?
Dr Brain - Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 pm
Post subject:
Try "locate mysqlclient" and alter the ASSS system.mk makefile to reflect that path for mysql libs.
tcsoccerman - Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 pm
Post subject:
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.16
/opt/lampp/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.16.0.0
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.16
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.16.0.0
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/EXCEPTIONS-CLIENT.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmysqlclient16/copyright
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libmysqlclient16.shlibs

It doesn't look like it is properly installed. Maybe the lampp server I installed is messing with the system to make it think it is installed?

EDIT:also, "locate "lmysqlclient_r"" returns nothing.

EDIT:I shouldn't have disregarded lampp...that was the right folder. I got that part to compile. Now I am getting:

D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -g -Wall   -c -o ../build/formula.o hs_util/formula.c
bison -d -o ../build/parser.c hs_util/parser.y

make: bison: Command not found
make: *** [../build/parser.c] Error 127

EDIT2:I fixed that error by finding your old post that you did for hs_util. From there I decided to install the bison and flex packages. I am now getting this error:

I realized they were all python errors so I set have_python in system.mk to no.

It all compiled! Yay!

But when i run bin/asss/ i get this:

I <cmod> loading C module 'selfpos ' from 'hs_util'
E <cmod> error in dlsym: /home/scott/asss-1.5.0/bin/hs_util.so: undefined symbol: MM_selfpos
Unrecoverable error (5): Error in loading module 'hs_util:selfpos '
scott@scott-laptop:~/asss-1.5.0$

My modules.conf:

hs_util:selfpos
hs_util:kill
hs_util:menu
hs_util:formula

hscore:hscore_wepevents
hscore:hscore_enforcer

if i comment out 'hs_util:selfpos', the next module gives the same error all the way through each hs_util module and the first hscore (i assumed all were going to do the same so I stopped there).
Arnk Kilo Dylie - Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm
Post subject:
Look closely, you have spaces on all of your modules.conf entries, it even shows you that in the error message (quotes there for a reason.)
tcsoccerman - Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm
Post subject:
Thank you very much. I fixed that the first time I copied them in, but then I copied an updated list later on the thread and forgot to do it that time. ASSS ran.
tcsoccerman - Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:52 pm
Post subject:
I don't seem to have my mysql information set up right

<hscore_mysql> connect failed: Can't connect to MySQL server on '74.220.215.233' (110)

[mysql]
hostname=localhost
user=asss
password=asss
database=asss

hyperspace:hostname=74.220.215.233
hyperspace:user=surfaceh_hscore
hyperspace:password=i_almost_forgot_to_change_this
hyperspace:database=surfaceh_hscore

This may be because my host doesn't allow for outside connections. I will check.

EDIT:I had to add my "Class C" to the white list.

Database was created (showed a bunch of jiberish and made my computer slow), and now I'm attempting to enter my local zone. I keep getting specced for spike and can't enter. Is this because of the connection I have to my Mysql host?
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am
Post subject:
I don't know what could cause that. Try unloading modules one by one until it goes away?

If it is the MySQL connection, you can try installing mysql on your local computer for testing.
tcsoccerman - Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 am
Post subject:
Well that is very odd.

I commented out the last half of the hscore modules. I was able to enter.

I commented out only the last quarther of hscore modules. I was able to enter.

I continued to half, until all were uncommented. I was still able to enter?

I guess it decided to work. Now to get down to creating items and such. Is there an explanation on this thread for that?

EDIT:Also, is it normal that 1097 hs_players records?
tcsoccerman - Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:45 am
Post subject:
Dr. Brain could you please elaborate a little further on the database structures?

I'm trying to make a gun to buy.

I understand hs_categories. I have a "guns" and "bombs" category in there, and they print properly on ?buy

id   name   description   arena   order   hidden
         1   Guns   Buy guns for your ship   main   0   0

hs_item_properties is straight forward as well. I just select a property from this list:

bomblevel
gunlevel

repel
burst
thor
portal
decoy
brick
rocket

xradar
cloak
steath
antiwarp

thrust
speed
energy
recharge
rotation

bounce
prox
shrapnel
multifire

transwarp

seemines

seebomblevel

bulletenergy
multienergy

bombenergy
bombenergyup

mineenergy
mineenergyup

cloakenergy
stealthenergy
antienergy
xradarenergy

maxthrust
maxspeed
afterburner

bombthrust

bulletdelay
multidelay

bombdelay
minedelay

rockettime

initialbounty

damagefactor
attachbounty

soccertime

soccerprox

maxmines

gravspeed
grav

attach
summon

energyviewing
dontbrick

bulletdamage
bulletdamageup
bombdamage
ebombtime
ebombdamage
bbombdamage
burstdamage
decoyalive
warppointdelay
rocketthrust
rocketspeed
inactshrapdamage
shrapdamage
mapzoom
flaggunup
flagbombup
soccerallowbombs
soccerallowguns
socceruseflag
soccerseeball

nofastshoot

item_id   name   value   absolute   ignore_count   id
         2   gunlevel   0   2   0   2

for hs_category_items, that is the connection between an item and a category?

item_id   category_id   order
         1   1   0

and lastly, the hs_item. Where do i add properties to an item?

id   name   short_description   long_description   buy_price   sell_price   exp_required   ships_allowed   max   delay_write   ammo   needs_ammo   min_ammo   affects_sets   resend_sets
         1   Blaster   A balanced gun.   This gun is considered a good all around gun. The ...   1000   800   0   128   1   0   0   0   0   1   1

What am I missing?
tcsoccerman - Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am
Post subject:
Also, hscore_spawner is giving the problems that I were talking about earlier. I get kicked for spike. It crashes continuum.
Dr Brain - Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:22 pm
Post subject:
tcsoccerman wrote:
EDIT:Also, is it normal that 1097 hs_players records?

You mean there are 1097 rows in hs_players? No, that's not normal, unless you've had 1097 unique player names enter your zone.

tcsoccerman wrote:

for hs_category_items, that is the connection between an item and a category?

Yes. An item only exists in the arena if it's connected to a category in the arena. It's not the most intuitive thing, I'm afraid.

tcsoccerman wrote:

and lastly, the hs_item. Where do i add properties to an item?

You use hs_item_properties. Each row should have an item id and a property name. For L2, you want id = 1 (from hs_items), property = gun, value = 2

tcsoccerman wrote:
Also, hscore_spawner is giving the problems that I were talking about earlier. I get kicked for spike. It crashes continuum.

I've never seen spawner do that kind of thing before. Check to make sure that your Initial, Max, Upgrade settings for Thrust, Recharge, Energy, Rotation, and Speed are all set. The Initial + N*Upgrade should be equal to Max, for some number N. In hyperspace N is typically 10.

Also, initial gun should be 1 on all ships, since spawner assumes this for shrapnel reasons.
tcsoccerman - Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:25 pm
Post subject:
Hmm that didn't seem to help. all those values are set and > 1 and initial guns on every ship is 1.

Even SVS Settings didn't help.

Here is the output for asss

D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_categories` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `description` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `hidden` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_category_items` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `category_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <mapnewsdl> news file 'news.txt' reread
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_events` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `event` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',  `action` mediumint(9) NOT NULL default '0',  `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `message` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_properties` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `value` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `absolute` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `ignore_count` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_types` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_items` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',  `short_description` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `long_description` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',  `buy_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `sell_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `exp_required` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `ships_allowed` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `max` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `delay_write` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `ammo` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `needs_ammo` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `min_ammo` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `affects_sets` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `resend_sets` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ship_items` (  `ship_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `count` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `data` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`ship_id`,`item_id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_ships` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `player_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `ship` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_players` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `money` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `exp` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_give` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_grant` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_buysell` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_kill` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_flag` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_ball` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `money_event` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_store_items` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `store_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0')
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_stores` (  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `description` varchar(200) NOT NULL default '',  `region` varchar(16) NOT NULL default '',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',  `order` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_transactions` (  `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,  `srcplayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `tgtplayer` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `action` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',   `amount` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',  `timestamp` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,    PRIMARY KEY  (`id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_player_points` (  `player_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `arena` varchar(32) NOT NULL,  `points_global` int(11) default '0',  `points_1` int(11) default NULL,  `points_2` int(11) default NULL,  `points_3` int(11) default NULL,  `points_4` int(11) default NULL,  `points_5` int(11) default NULL,  `points_6` int(11) default NULL,  `points_7` int(11) default NULL,  `points_8` int(11) default NULL,  UNIQUE KEY `index` (`player_id`,`arena`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `hs_item_type_assoc` (  `item_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  `type_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,  `qty` int(10) NOT NULL default '1',  PRIMARY KEY  (`item_id`,`type_id`))
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, max FROM hs_item_types
W <hscore_database> No item types returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 item types were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, short_description, long_description, buy_price, sell_price, exp_required, ships_allowed, max, delay_write, ammo, needs_ammo, min_ammo, affects_sets, resend_sets FROM hs_items
D <hscore_database> 0 items were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, type_id, qty FROM hs_item_type_assoc ORDER BY item_id ASC
D <hscore_database> 0 item types were assigned from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, name, value, absolute, ignore_count FROM hs_item_properties
W <hscore_database> No properties returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 properties were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, event, action, data, message FROM hs_item_events
W <hscore_database> No events returned from MySQL query.
D <hscore_database> 0 events were loaded from MySQL.
D <directory> sending information to directory servers
D <net> [pid=0] new connection from 127.0.0.1:38509
D <core> [pid=0] login request: 'tcsoccerman24'
D <core> authenticating with 'auth-ban'
D <capman> [tcsoccerman24] assigned to group 'sysop' (global)
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, money, exp, money_give, money_grant, money_buysell, money_kill, money_flag, money_ball, money_event FROM hs_players WHERE name = 'tcsoccerman24'
D <hscore_mysql> query: INSERT INTO hs_players VALUES (NULL, 'tcsoccerman24', 1000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
I <core> [tcsoccerman24] [pid=0] player logged in
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, money, exp, money_give, money_grant, money_buysell, money_kill, money_flag, money_ball, money_event FROM hs_players WHERE name = 'tcsoccerman24'
D <hscore_database> [tcsoccerman24] loaded globals from MySQL.
I <arenaman> {0} created arena
I <mapdata> {0} successfully processed map file 'arenas/(default)/cpublic.lvl'
D <balls> {0} ball 0 is at (7852, 9610)
D <balls> {0} 1 balls spawned
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, description, region FROM hs_stores WHERE arena = 'main' ORDER BY hs_stores.order ASC
D <objects> {0} reading object: arenas/(default)/cpub_1.lvz
D <objects> {0} reading object: arenas/(default)/cpub_5.lvz
W <mapnewsdl> compressed map/lvz is bigger than 256k: arenas/(default)/cpub_1.lvz
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, name, description, hidden FROM hs_categories WHERE arena = 'main' ORDER BY hs_categories.order ASC
D <capman> {0} [tcsoccerman24] assigned to group 'sysop' (global)
I <arenaman> {0} [tcsoccerman24] entering arena
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT id, ship FROM hs_player_ships WHERE player_id = 1 AND arena = 'main'
D <hscore_database> {0} [tcsoccerman24] 0 ships were loaded from MySQL.
D <hscore_mysql> query: SELECT item_id, count, data, ship FROM hs_player_ship_items, hs_player_ships WHERE player_id = 1 AND arena = 'main' AND ship_id = id
D <hscore_database> {0} [tcsoccerman24] 0 ship items were loaded from MySQL.
I <game> {0} [tcsoccerman24] changed ship/freq to ship 8, freq 8025
I <lagaction> {0} [tcsoccerman24] specced for: spike
M <security> {0} [tcsoccerman24] security packet not returned
I <net> [tcsoccerman24] [pid=0] player kicked for no data
I <arenaman> {0} [tcsoccerman24] leaving arena
D <hscore_database> {0} [tcsoccerman24] Freed ship data.
D <hscore_database> [tcsoccerman24] Freed global data.
D <hscore_mysql> query: UPDATE hs_players SET money = 1000, exp = 0, money_give = 0, money_grant = 0, money_buysell = 0, money_kill = 0, money_flag = 0, money_ball = 0, money_event = 0 WHERE id = 1
I <net> [tcsoccerman24] [pid=0] disconnected
D <arenaman> {0} arena being destroyed
D <hscore_database> {0} Freed 0 stores.
D <hscore_database> {0} Freed 0 categories.

Dr Brain - Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 pm
Post subject:
I can't think of anything in hscore that could cause the server to act like that. Unless you're running this on a very, very slow computer, that is.
tcsoccerman - Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:09 pm
Post subject:
core 2 duo with 4gb ram... i don't believe so.

i will try a fresh asss installation later and see what results i get.

EDIT: Ok, I made a fresh installation and compiled just hscore and h_util and ran the zone. It ran! But... I realized I hadn't attached any of the modules to the arena. I opened up arena.conf and copied in the attach modules and ran the zone... same problem as before icon_sad.gif . But we now know that it's the attached modules that are causing the problem.

I figured I'd take out hscore_spawner from the attach modules to see what happens. Of course, the zone ran fine.

Attaching hscore_spawner to the arena is what is crashing the zone. Here is my arena.conf:

; drop in all of svs settings here
#include conf/svs/svs.conf

; but override these particular ones
[Warbird]
XRadarStatus=0

[Javelin]
AntiWarpStatus=0

[Leviathan]
StealthStatus=0

[Bomb]
BombDamageLevel=7500

[ General ]
Map = smallmap.lvl
; LevelFiles = b1.lvz, b2.lvz

[ Misc ]
SeeEnergy = $SEE_TEAM
SpecSeeEnergy = $SEE_ALL

[ Modules ]
; this key holds the names of the modules that will take effect in this
; arena. typical things to put here are modules for scoring, special
; game types, flag guards, etc.
AttachModules = \
   freqman \
   points_kill \
   points_flag \
   points_goal \
   hscore_teamnames \
   hscore_buysell \
   hscore_storeman \
   hscore_commands \
   hscore_rewards \

; separate out settings for flags and balls into separate files
#include flags.conf

#include balls.conf

I hope this helps!

EDIT 2:hmmm, so I tried to enter again, and I believe that since I am running a fresh, quick zone, I was able to see something I couldn't see before. It is very evident now that the zone is crashing as the player is spawned (of course). Could it be that it is because I don't have initial items set? If that is the case, what should I do since I don't have any items yet? Here is the screenshot:

EDIT 3:Also, the problem only occurs when the ship data is loaded. I though i fixed it when i added buyprice,sellprice,exprequired, and InitItems to arena.conf, but really all that happened is my ship data wasn't loaded. I restarted asss and the error happened again when my shipdata was loaded.
Hakaku - Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:13 pm
Post subject:
Wait, what version of asss and hscore are you using? If the zone is crashing right as you enter a ship (aka spawn), then it suggests there's a problem with the frequency change and/or ship change callbacks which may be caused by a mismatch between the two. The one provided at the beginning of this thread is designed for asss 1.4.4, while the one in the repository is 1.5.0.
tcsoccerman - Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:22 pm
Post subject:
I am using asss 1.5.0rc1 and the hscore from the repository. Good idea though.

EDIT: Well, I found a temporary solution. If i attach the module through command in game, it works fine. I should have tried this earlier because I made a module that had the same problem.

Now if I could just figure out the database system...
Dr Brain - Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm
Post subject:
Try getting some items into the database. It's about the only thing I can think of, since spawner always works fine for me, regardless of the machine I run it on.
tcsoccerman - Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm
Post subject:
ya, it's working now.

I can get in ships I haven't bought. Why?
Dr Brain - Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 pm
Post subject:
Use the 1.5.0 freqman and attach hscore_enforcer to the arena.
tcsoccerman - Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm
Post subject:
Good good icon_smile.gif . Thank you very much. Time to get down to business.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic