Server Help

Zone Hosting / Advertising - SSBD Dev Zone Hosting (asss linux)

BDwinsAlt - Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:53 am
Post subject: SSBD Dev Zone Hosting (asss linux)
I decided since I finally finish up ASSS Admin (python server/client and java applet) I am going to host a zone or two. This is just for developing on ASSS.

Specs:
Biller: Local Billing
Processor: 2.53 Ghz Intel
RAM: 768 MB DDR
Connection: 3mbps Download / 286 kbs Upload
Operating System: Ubuntu Linux (Kernel 2.6.19)
Disk Space Left: 27 GB (more than enough for dev)
Uptime: 24/7

Features:
FTP Access to all zone files.
A website (mysql/php)
Remote starting/stopping/restarting of ASSS with a java applet (in browser) or a python file (terminal)
[ Email address if you want an @braddavis.info email o_O ]

If you need any more information please email me or reply.
My email is brad@braddavis.info or bdwinsalt@gmail.com. You can send to either one; they all get forwarded to brad@braddavis.info anyways.

This is just for basic asss development. Take advantage of developing on Linux.
BDwinsAlt - Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:18 pm
Post subject:
Bump for registration form.
http://braddavis.info/asss/application/
Animate Dreams - Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:39 pm
Post subject:
Erm, why bother with FTP? They can just use WinSCP. Assuming you're giving them shell access, anyway. AS3 is kinda pointless without it, you won't even be able to compile.
BDwinsAlt - Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:36 am
Post subject:
I never really use SSH, but I see your point. I'll look into that.
Solo Ace - Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:53 am
Post subject:
Meh, WinSCP sucks ass. When you're keeping a session open for a long time it gets unstable and might make you lose the contents of open files. icon_sad.gif
Doc Flabby - Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:47 am
Post subject:
Solo Ace wrote:
Meh, WinSCP sucks ass. When you're keeping a session open for a long time it gets unstable and might make you lose the contents of open files. icon_sad.gif

o really? thats never happened to me and i've left it open for like half a day before.
Solo Ace - Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:53 am
Post subject:
You obviously don't use it as much as I do, then. icon_smile.gif
Smong - Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:00 am
Post subject:
I use FileZilla, it can do FTP and SFTP. Of course the only bug is it doesn't work with the FileZilla server, but I don't think you'll be using that.
BDwinsAlt - Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:57 pm
Post subject:
Before anyone else applies for hosting I need to go over a thing or two.

This is for development only. This is not to build up population.

The following is an example of what you should NOT submit.
Code: Show/Hide

Name: SSBC Ultra Basing
Email: ***********
Reason: I Wanna Get a good Pop For my zone For Fun it
IP: ***********

(It's SSBD and he applied twice with different reasons. Reason: I want a Zone Host)

Here is a nice example of something you should use.
Code: Show/Hide

Name: New man development
Email: ***********
Reason: Need hosting to build a few modules and test a new zone idea.  This is for Sass and Animate Dreams.
IP:  **********

(Great application. Short and to the point including everything I need to know)

This isn't suppose to be just for fun. This is for serious ASSS development zones only. If you don't plan to use ASSS or don't really know how then don't bother applying.

After you apply you will receive an email (if you are accepted) usually within the same day. If you fail to enter the zone, login to ftp, respond to email, or show some sign that you are interested, you will not be granted hosting.
Anonymous - Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:36 pm
Post subject:
can i get a zone host?
Animate Dreams - Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:31 pm
Post subject:
Solo Ace wrote:

It's happened to me, but I wouldn't say it's unstable... it just disconnected and didn't save the changed contents of my open file(which is definitely understandable) because I didn't save it while I was still connected. All you have to do is reconnect.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic