Server Help

ASSS Questions - spawn locatioins for players

tcsoccerman - Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:11 pm
Post subject: spawn locatioins for players
I've searched but no luck, just a 2004 topic that didn't work. anyway, how would i set team0(all teams) to spawn at 512 30 with a 3 radius? plz give an example in that format. ty.
Smong - Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:10 am
Post subject:
In arena.conf put this:
[Spawn]
Team0-X = 512
Team0-Y = 30
Team0-Radius = 3
tcsoccerman - Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:55 pm
Post subject:
ty. i was trying to do a quickfix and it wasn't working. i probably shoulda tried editing the files but i'm stupid like that. is it possible to do this through quickfix? ty lots.
Dr Brain - Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:17 am
Post subject:
It's possible, but you have to edit some files during compile time. The settings for spawn in quickfix have always been wrong.
corvey - Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:26 am
Post subject:
My question is similar to this and falls under the topic title. How can I make the player enter the game in the same location when they left?
Chambahs - Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:33 am
Post subject:
You would have to use player tracking through position packets, and then store the per-player data when a player's action == PA_LeaveArena, then you would dig in the per-player data to warpto the coords when paction == PA_EnterArena. I think the most simple way to get this done would be by having the player type a command or use safe-zones before they leave, so you dont have to check their positions at all times. I believe this would be possible in python, if you know a bit, you can just steal some code from smong's "Open doors with safe zone" module, and check out per-player data, as well as a bit on player action and it should be pretty easy. At least, all this is what i think, i havent messed with asss for a while now. icon_smile.gif
Dr Brain - Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:15 pm
Post subject:
You would have to store the player's last position, then warp them to that spot when they change ships.

It's not a terribly complicated module, if you've got a few under your belt.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic