Server Help

ASSS Custom Projects - SkyBill - TCP BILLER alpha.

Doc Flabby - Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:37 pm
Post subject: SkyBill - TCP BILLER alpha.
SkyBill v0.11

ALPHA - missing many key features.

this release is more to show a work in progress (to attract interest + contributions) than to be used.

Currently everything is hard coded which means you will most likly have to recompile the source to get it to work.

To get it to work you will

- you require java 5.0
- mysql is also need

I recommend u use eclipse. as that is the ide i have used

Features

- multithreaded
- Allows billers to connect using TCP with the correct password
- Banner saving and retrival
- passwords are stored with future-proof sha-512 (should be good for at least 10 years)
- remote messaging between servers
- basic squad support

Features it missing

- chat support
- full squad support
- ban support

Database support
comes with mysql connecter http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.0.html
will work with prettty much any jdbc compatible driver i imagine if u wanted it to....

For people who may be interested by current code (svn) work in progress on this biller can be obtained here is here http://playsubspace.com
CypherJF - Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:22 pm
Post subject:
version 0.2 interface it with UDP biller protocol? icon_smile.gif
BDwinsAlt - Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:09 pm
Post subject:
Very cool! I like the fact it's in Java. Cross platform with out Wine. icon_biggrin.gif
Doc Flabby - Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:00 am
Post subject:
Current feature im working on is squads.

Feature to follow are

- chats.
- Configuration file

Then it will be in a (usable state)

I also need to fix a DOS issue.
Doc Flabby - Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:11 pm
Post subject:
v0.11

Basic Squad Support Added

?squad
?squadcreate
?squadleave
?squadjoin
?squadowner

Download here http://playsubspace.com:8080/pss/browser/TCPBiller/trunk/SkyBill-0.11.zip?format=raw
hellzlaker - Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:03 pm
Post subject:
neet
L.C. - Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:32 pm
Post subject:
Hey I'm just curious, no negative attitude ever intended: isn't Java a resource (memory and/or CPU) hog?
BDwinsAlt - Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:31 pm
Post subject:
Isn't Windows Vista a memory hog as well? I heard it takes like 600 MB of ram just to run after start up. I doubt Java takes up too much more memory than a C++ biller, couldn't be too significant. You probably wouldn't even notice the difference.
Doc Flabby - Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:18 am
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
Hey I'm just curious, no negative attitude ever intended: isn't Java a resource (memory and/or CPU) hog?

badly coded java is a memory + cpu hog. Java used to be terrible but either they've improved the code of the jvm or pcs have got a lot better so it doesnt matter.

java tends to eat memory more than cpu. However thats mainly because you have to tell java how much memory it is allowed to use, otherwise with some versions of the java vm (the server version i had this problem with on linux) it will use all your memory advailable even if it doesnt need it.

I've tried to design this to have minimal cpu usage. Because i use blocking sockets it uses far less cpu than the ssbilling which uses polling (partly because its using udp sockets makes design more difficult and it is written in c/c++) Average memory usage for me is around the 20/30mb mark on windows xp your milage may vary.

I've had no problems in my dev running eclipse ide (another java app), asss, two/three instances of continuum, firefox and this tcpbiller on my 512mb laptop. The biggest cpu hog was continuum tongue.gif

My reason for using java were:
1 - c++ is difficult (ive never coded in c or c++ really)
2 - java is crossplatform without any effort (c# isnt really mono is getting there tho on linux, not sure about mac)
3 - lots of java dev resources and a good ide (eclipse)
4 - not coded much in java and is good practice as i am taking a java class at university.
CypherJF - Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:19 am
Post subject:
Java has a rap about being slow from the ol' days. Java 6 has been compiled and optimized up the wazoo from what I've read. I don't have any statistics to prove it but when the java world guys say it's true - it probably is.
L.C. - Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:28 am
Post subject:
Is there any chance that Java could be converted to C++ (is it easy too)?
Doc Flabby - Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:23 am
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
Is there any chance that Java could be converted to C++ (is it easy too)?

First question would be why???

Converting from a higher level language to a lower level language seems a bit strange to me... Its like converting c++ code to assembler, you have to have a good reason for it cos it will be an effort.
Cyan~Fire - Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:09 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
Converting from a higher level language to a lower level language seems a bit strange to me... Its like converting c++ code to assembler, you have to have a good reason for it cos it will be an effort.

Converting from C++ to ASM is easy, it's done every time you compile. (Well, not technically, it's actually straight from the C++ to the machine code, which you could say is just ASM in hex. Compilers include an option to spit out ASM files, though.)

Calling C++ lower level than Java isn't really justified in my opinion. Java was modeled after C++ with a bunch of the lower-level stuff cut out, but unless I'm forgetting about something obvious, it didn't add many higher-level features. I do agree though that converting from Java to C++ would be pretty dumb (but not because one language is "better" than the other).
Chambahs - Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:23 pm
Post subject:
Cyan, i think he ment from asm -> c++, and as you told me about the stories you and smong had...i think thats a pretty big effort. tongue.gif
Doc Flabby - Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Post subject:
Cyan~Fire wrote:
[..]
Converting from C++ to ASM is easy, it's done every time you compile. (Well, not technically, it's actually straight from the C++ to the machine code, which you could say is just ASM in hex. Compilers include an option to spit out ASM files, though.)

Calling C++ lower level than Java isn't really justified in my opinion. Java was modeled after C++ with a bunch of the lower-level stuff cut out, but unless I'm forgetting about something obvious, it didn't add many higher-level features. I do agree though that converting from Java to C++ would be pretty dumb (but not because one language is "better" than the other).

ok that wasnt a very good example but:

c++ is lower level than java because java does all the memory management for you. That is pretty much the biggest fundamental difference between the languages. c++ however has a more full object orientated implementation than Java. For example you cannot do multiple inheritance in java (ie a class inherits from more than once class).

Java itself is coded in c/c++ so by its very nature it builds on a c/c++ level below it. lower level does not means worse or better. Use the right tool for the job tongue.gif
Smong - Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:04 am
Post subject:
I can't remember what I did when I wrote my java biller, but if you have blocking sockets wouldn't you need 1 thread per zone so you can "check" them simultaneously?

Also how are you doing cross zone private messaging? I seem to remember I got myself into a fix and it was N squared complexity or something stupidly large.
Maverick - Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:13 am
Post subject:
I see all billers for As3 (only).
Why make it for as3 that (as I have heard) doesn't really require a biller?
Why not make a good SSC replacement first and then go from there?
Smong - Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:25 am
Post subject:
I don't know about Doc Flabby, but my biller was only for small scale experimental purposes (to play with the new protocol). The main use was to store banners, secondary use ?messages, but not many people frequent my zones.

I don't see much point supporting both right from the start, that's like twice the amount of possible bugs. Plus if I ran SSC I doubt I would accept someone elses code for a replacement.
Cyan~Fire - Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:22 am
Post subject:
Maverick wrote:

Because linking multiple ASSS zones with a biller still provides benefits (netbans, cross-zone chats, etc.).

Doc wrote:
Java itself is coded in c/c++ so by its very nature it builds on a c/c++ level below it. lower level does not means worse or better. Use the right tool for the job

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. I wasn't talking about one language being better than the other as a whole (that's a whole 'nother can of worms icon_razz.gif) but better for this specific job. What I meant was that I would make this in C++, but I still think that converting it would be dumb.
Doc Flabby - Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:22 am
Post subject:
Smong wrote:
I can't remember what I did when I wrote my java biller, but if you have blocking sockets wouldn't you need 1 thread per zone so you can "check" them simultaneously?

Thats exactly how it works. For each zone that connects a new thread is created. Not terribly effcient when you get alot of zones connecting, but that won't be an issue i think unless like over 50 or so zones connect, which seems unlikly tongue.gif i am going to alter the code to fix a DOS that exists. (it allows infinate connections at the moment lol so you could crash the server quiet easily by connecting hundreds of times.

Smong wrote:

Also how are you doing cross zone private messaging? I seem to remember I got myself into a fix and it was N squared complexity or something stupidly large.

Bascially the way my biller works is it keeps in memory a collection of player objects and a map of player name to billerid (unique to each player on the biller).

To handle private messages I use the name lookup to obtain the billerid of the player that the message is to be send to. Then i use the biller id to return a player object. The player object contains a field called sid(serverid) which i then use to look up the server the player is on. Then i get the pid field from the player object and the name field from the sending player. This gives me all the information to send the private message. I then create the correct packet object and i use the sid i obtained earlier to access the tcp socket in server object and send it using via my own WriteLine function.

Note: I also check if a player is online before doing most of this. If the recipient player isnt online, the message is just ignored by the biller.

I recommend if you want to understand this more download the code and give it a run though.

Quote:

I see all billers for As3 (only).
Why not make a good SSC replacement first and then go from there?

as3 doesnt need a biller to run. However it is very useful if you wish to communitcate between zones. (ie chats and remote messaging, cross zone banning, banner saving etc)

I see no point in adding udp billing as there are already a number of udp billers to choose from. I am creating this biller as there isnt very much choice in the TCP Billing department. If i was going to add SSC/UDP billing support (for non-asss zones) I would create a new program. A bridge program that converts UDP Billing into TCP Billing.
Smong - Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:46 pm
Post subject:
From your post it looks like you aren't handling a case where one player account may be logged into many zones at the same time. Are you only allowing players to enter one zone at a time?
Doc Flabby - Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:19 pm
Post subject:
Smong wrote:
From your post it looks like you aren't handling a case where one player account may be logged into many zones at the same time. Are you only allowing players to enter one zone at a time?

Yes, you can only physically play in one zone at a time so i can't think of any reason why a player would need to be be logged in multiple zones. You could still multiclient and enter more than one zone, provided u used different names. However at the moment i don't check if you are already logged in. I will need to add code to kick you off the server if you login (sucessfully) when you are already logged in.
Animate Dreams - Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:08 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
i can't think of any reason why a player would need to be be logged in multiple zones.

I do this nearly every day on SSC. It's usually a different reason every time, but one reason would be if I wanted to play in a different zone, I don't necessarily want to leave the one I'm in. Especially if I'm in an AS3 zone(which I frequently AFK in to get a 10th chat) and I'm logging chats and talking in them, I don't necessarily want to stop that just to play in some TW event. Anyway, there are lots of reasons someone could want to do this, and considering someone could just change aliases to do it anyway, you might want to go ahead and allow multiple instances of the same alias.
Doc Flabby - Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:35 pm
Post subject:
I designed the biller is around the principle that a player can only be logged in once. If someone wants to amend the code to allow a name to be logged in, in multiple zones they are welcome to, i will be happy to add the mod to the code. Personally I cant be bothered to recode the biller just to allow this feature that is going to be used by a very small minority of players. Incidentally multiclienting is illegal in most SSC zones.
L.C. - Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:10 pm
Post subject:
Are you planning to host it as a Public Biller yourself or what..? Yeah sorry, I am a bit jealous (I admit!). :\

Quote:
hats exactly how it works. For each zone that connects a new thread is created. Not terribly effcient when you get alot of zones connecting, but that won't be an issue i think unless like over 50 or so zones connect, which seems unlikly i am going to alter the code to fix a DOS that exists. (it allows infinate connections at the moment lol so you could crash the server quiet easily by connecting hundreds of times.
Why not also add a feature where threaded connections can be turned on or off? icon_smile.gif
Doc Flabby - Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:24 pm
Post subject:
L.C. wrote:
Are you planning to host it as a Public Biller yourself or what..? Yeah sorry, I am a bit jealous (I admit!). :\

Well the code is public, so anyone who wants to set up a biller public or private using SkyBill can. I will be adding configfiles to make configuration easier at some point. For now im trying to get chat support working.

So you and anyone who wants to can run a public biller with it. Its unlikely I will host a public biller using it if someone else is willing, as my vps doesn't have enough resources to host it along with all the other stuff it hosts.

L.C. wrote:

Why not also add a feature where threaded connections can be turned on or off? icon_smile.gif

Because it creates a thread per zone than connects. Turning off threading would mean only one zone could connect to the biller.
L.C. - Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 pm
Post subject:
Quote:
So you and anyone who wants to can run a public biller with it. Its unlikely I will host a public biller using it if someone else is willing, as my vps doesn't have enough resources to host it along with all the other stuff it hosts.
Well I'm willing. icon_smile.gif My webhost provides it to me as a gift on his beautiful dedicated gameserver.

Quote:
Because it creates a thread per zone than connects. Turning off threading would mean only one zone could connect to the biller.
Ah, I thought this was one of those CPU feature things and was extraordinary. Is there someway to make an optimization for a larger sum of zones?

Rarely do I feel like this, but I feel that I can trust you'll an acceptable level of professionality in coding this and that this will be very much like Catid's biller. I support it. ;o
Animate Dreams - Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:12 pm
Post subject:
I just thought, since this uses mysql, is there a way to get both AS3 and the biller to read from the same database in such a way that, if the biller were to go down, all individual zones could still read from the biller database(so netbans still stay up, and possibly even player authentication)?
Mine GO BOOM - Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:39 pm
Post subject:
Animate Dreams wrote:
is there a way to get both AS3 and the biller to read from the same database

Why not just create a way for ASSS zones to link up together in nodes and be able to share chat messages that way? If they have direct access to the same database, they'd have the same player authentication so chat names are verified. Don't need a billing server then.
BDwinsAlt - Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:54 pm
Post subject:
I know this might sound stupid, but I'm not really sure how to start the biller. Can you give me a little help with that. I have Java installed on both Ubuntu and Windows XP. I just need to know what to type to start it. icon_cool.gif
Doc Flabby - Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:06 am
Post subject:
mgb the biller also provides ?squad stuff, and banner saving not sure if asss can do that on its own. idk tho.

I would recommend this method as it is the easiest. I only provide the source at the moment (as alot of setting are hard coded), so you will have to compile and edit the code before you run it.

Download eclipse (this will work on ubuntu and XP)
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
this is a bit confusing but all you need is

Eclipse SDK 3.2.1

One you have installed eclipse, extract the zip file to the folder, then open the project in eclipse.

Then you would need to create a mysql database with the correct info. You can change the connection string in the code.

You should be able the then run it though the IDE.
You would then also have the option of compiling it.

Once i have chats working (which i may do today) i will be working on an easier way to run it tongue.gif
BDwinsAlt - Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:13 am
Post subject:
Ohhhh I see. I'll do that when I get back from church.
Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif
Mine GO BOOM - Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:27 am
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
mgb the biller also provides ?squad stuff, and banner saving not sure if asss can do that on its own.

All of which is stored in the billing server's database, which can be stored into a database with the user accounts. All the billing server is, is an interface to a database.
BDwinsAlt - Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:51 pm
Post subject:
I have a question. How does continuum get the squad name and put it beside your name? Like what is sent to the clients? I'm guessing ASSS could override a squad name and make it one you specify. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic.

On topic:
Code: Show/Hide

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.playSubSpace.TCPBiller.Main
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.70)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.playSubSpace.TCPBiller.Main not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/home/brad/Desktop/biller/,file:/home/brad/Desktop/biller/mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader.findClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(libgcj.so.70)
   at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run(libgcj.so.70)

Here is what my classpath looks like.
Code: Show/Hide

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<classpath>

<classpathentry kind="src" path=""/>

<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/jre1.5.0_06"/>

<classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="/home/brad/Desktop/biller/mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar"/>

<classpathentry kind="output" path=""/>

</classpath>

Also I have the mysql-connector jar thing in the same folder as the classpath (/home/brad/Desktop/biller) I'm guessing I didn't do something right with the classpath.

In enclipse I did a new project, java application, selected from previous source, used the biller folder (contains the extracted biller files), and in Run I ran it as a java application with the Main class as the main class (only option) but it gets to 50% and says that error above. I'll play with it some more until someone responds.
Doc Flabby - Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:40 pm
Post subject:
The problem is its missing a reference to the mysql libary.

i would suggest using file..import..existing projects in to workspace.
the zip file contains the entire project, which will include all the class path stuff.

I think if u create a new project u will need to add a reference to mysql jar file. To do this right click on the project, click properties.

a dialog box pops up. choose java build path. then click libaraies. then choose add external jar. Find the mysql jar and add that then click ok. this should hopeully make it run
BDwinsAlt - Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:35 pm
Post subject:
Bleh I played with it more, still nothing. Either says it can´t find the jar, or it gives errors. Feel like VNCing to my desktop? I guess it isn´t that big of a deal. I just wanted to try it out.
Animate Dreams - Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:46 pm
Post subject:
Mine GO BOOM wrote:
[..]

Why not just create a way for ASSS zones to link up together in nodes and be able to share chat messages that way? If they have direct access to the same database, they'd have the same player authentication so chat names are verified. Don't need a billing server then.

Well, that's kind of what I was getting at, although I wasn't sure if chats could still be possible. That sounds like a cool project to do, only quite a bit above my level. A few problems I can think of off the top of my head would be that the AS3 zones would all have access to the database, which means any of the zone owners(or high ranking staff) could erase the data in the database(I assume? I don't know much about managing databases). Although I assume backups can be made. Also, I think the power of "biller operator", which is now database op, would probably be lowered, which is actually probably good.

What would be even COOLER is if there was an Esc+Z command added(that part would take client work, I know) that gave you a list of currently connected zones, and you could just move between them. I think something like that would really help balance the population between zones. Although, I doubt it will ever happen. Of course there IS that one AS3 command that supposedly connects a player to a different zone, but does that even work?
Smong - Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:08 am
Post subject:
One problem with making the servers talk among themselves is it won't have support for subgame, or even anything that can be easily converted (such as the network layer).

I would imagine each server would blindly spam all other servers for priv and channel messages. Banners and squads don't need session info (whether a player is online or not) so can be stored in a shared db. Messages are more complicated, it would require an initial spammage, then a confirmation whether the message was received, if not then it needs to be saved to the db.

Bans are another issue, I would prefer alias info to be stored in a separate system so server ops can't mess around with it. At least the biller provides flood control whereas server ops can tamper with asss code as much as they like.

Well at the end of it all it just looks like you would be fragmenting the biller into at least 3 separate parts, each with their own development times and bugs.
Cyan~Fire - Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:24 pm
Post subject:
Yeah, I actually think having a separate billing server is much easier.
Doc Flabby - Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:17 am
Post subject:
A few problems people have had have been trying to run this Biller with the wrong version of java.

You REQUIRE Java version 1.5 or higher to run/compile SkyBill. It does not work with lower versions at all as i have used syntax specific to 1.5 and above.
Doc Flabby - Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:32 pm
Post subject: SkyBill 0.2
Announcing skybill 0.2

Due to problems with the original design skybill has been totally rewritten.

The new design (more event based now) makes is alot easier to extend, it features a module/plugin system.

This current version includes the minimum modules to run a biller.
It does NO authentication of any kind. It has no database either. It allows everyone to connect.

REQUIRES JAVA 1.5
k0zy - Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:13 pm
Post subject:
BDwinsAlt wrote:
Very cool! I like the fact it's in Java. Cross platform with out Wine. icon_biggrin.gif

You know cross-platform is not a matter of the language itself?
Suprise, there are plenty C/C++ programs that work on all platforms.
Animate Dreams - Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:18 pm
Post subject:
Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole.... wrote:
[..]

You know cross-platform is not a matter of the language itself?
Suprise, there are plenty C/C++ programs that work on all platforms.

I think you might need to go check up on "all platforms", and what that really means. Oh, and read the Linux User's Guide. In it, they talk about how most programs will install and run without error 25% of the time. With Java, all you have to do is get the JRE working - and from then on, you're set, with very few exceptions. Even Java itself isn't truly cross-platform, and for that matter, what constitutes a "platform" isn't perfectly defined, and that definition changes. But you'd be extremely hardpressed to find many programs at all that could even come close to having anywhere near the same amount of portability any standard Java application is going to have.

Besides that, cross-platform in Java takes a lot less work. In addition, other programs don't always work as well on other platforms, even though they are technically cross-platform(ASSS being a decent example). I smell a lot of fanboyism in your post.
k0zy - Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:19 pm
Post subject:
Animate Dreams wrote:
[..]I smell a lot of fanboyism in your post.

Yes icon_smile.gif
I dislike Java, I can't even tell you why.
Everytime I see a more complex program written in Java it just looks wrong.
I so hope Ruby 2's VM will kick some java ass.

I agree with you on the platform thing.

I'm not saying Java is a bad language (apparently it isn't).
It's just that in my opinion thinking that "ha, I'll code that thing in Java because it runs on linux and windows" is somehow wrong.
I'm sure there lots of other reasons why people use Java.
Doc Flabby - Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:28 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:

My reason for using java were:
1 - c++ is difficult (ive never coded in c or c++ really)
2 - java is crossplatform without any effort (c# isnt really mono is getting there tho on linux, not sure about mac)
3 - lots of java dev resources and a good ide (eclipse)
4 - not coded much in java and is good practice as i am taking a java class at university.

ill add this one in too
5. Stable platform/well supported (will be around for a while and updates won't break old programs)

Can i request we keep the Java vs Other languages arguement to another thread please.

If you dont like java write your own TCPBiller and don't use SkyBill tongue.gif
k0zy - Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm
Post subject:
Doc Flabby wrote:
If you dont like java write your own TCPBiller and don't use SkyBill tongue.gif

There's a misunderstanding here.
I don't like the language (as in code it myself). This doesn't imply I automatically dislike all programs written in it. I use several programs written in Java.

I haven't tried your biller but I'm sure it does a good job. Keep up working on it.
Animate Dreams - Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:42 pm
Post subject:
Bob Dole.. Bob Dole... Bob Dole...... bob dole.... bob... dole.... wrote:
[..]

Yes icon_smile.gif
I dislike Java, I can't even tell you why.

That's the way I felt about Python before, just from the things I'd heard about it. I wouldn't have ever tried to tell someone not to use Python, or not to bother to learn it, or anything like that, I just disliked it. But after I looked at how AS3 uses Python, I was impressed. That's probably the kind of thing Python was meant for. It's not a fully-fleshed programming language, anyway(I don't think). You should check out SkyBill. I'd never looked through the source of a Java program that used packets before, SkyBill makes it look pretty simple.
Mine GO BOOM - Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:17 am
Post subject:
Animate Dreams wrote:
That's probably the kind of thing Python was meant for.

Give PyGame a look around.
BDwinsAlt - Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:34 am
Post subject:
Yes, PYGame is awesome. That's what I used for my hypertension game.
Animate Dreams - Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27 am
Post subject:
So, I went all through that source, and I didn't find anything that looked like commands to me. Where did you put the player commands?
Doc Flabby - Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:39 am
Post subject:
Thats because there is no player commands yet tongue.gif

It just contains the basics at the moment to allow a server to connect and login. Im going to write some plugins, that will handle player commands etc.
Animate Dreams - Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:08 pm
Post subject:
Lol, I guess that explains it then... guess I'll have to hold off then.
Doc Flabby - Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:34 pm
Post subject: SkyBill 0.3
SKYBILL 0.3
----------------

All you need is java runtime 5 or higher

Current does NO player or biller authentication

Anyone can connect with any name.

Still need to create player commands plugin tongue.gif

Chats are fully implemented icon_smile.gif
Unlimited number of chats allowed!
tcsoccerman - Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:51 pm
Post subject:
I'd be willing to use it in PSS CTF Fury, since you're hosting the zone for me anyways icon_smile.gif. Not now, but once you have player commands and stuff. I wanna be the first to test it live icon_smile.gif :O
Animate Dreams - Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:34 pm
Post subject:
I wanna use it too. As soon as you get a basic player commands module, I'll see if I can help out some, too.
Doc Flabby - Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:16 am
Post subject:
I'm trying to get it to the point where its easy to contribute new modules tongue.gif
Smong - Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:40 pm
Post subject:
I just want to point out to the keen testers not to use this biller in public servers until the player auth is added. Otherwise you are running the risk of allowing players to connect under your name using any password. This means any player can login as sysop with little effort.
Anonymous - Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 pm
Post subject:
I added basic commands because I was bored.

Place these files in your plugin folder with ChatManager.class and stuff.
(Server will automatically detect it on start.)

Command.java and Command.class are attached in the zip. Enjoy.
Doc Flabby - Wed May 09, 2007 8:57 am
Post subject:
I've had a look at the command class btw, impressed someone acctually managed to write a plugin lol.

A release of a version of skybill with player authentication via mysql is imminent.

Other jdbc compatible databases can be supported, but drivers will have to be written/fixed/finished for them.
Doc Flabby - Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 pm
Post subject:
SKYBILL v3.0.1 (new build)

Features player and optional zone auth

uses mysql database

supports squads and unlimited chats

DO NOT USE THIS BILLER IT HAS A NUMBER OF CRITICAL BUGS I NEED TO FIX.
Animate Dreams - Thu May 10, 2007 6:32 pm
Post subject:
Lol wtf
Hook me up with that :D
BDwinsAlt - Thu May 10, 2007 11:40 pm
Post subject:
Aww were my commands not good enough for the release? icon_smile.gif

Great biller btw. Easy to work with on Windows (I assume) and Linux.

<3
Doc Flabby - Fri May 11, 2007 6:28 am
Post subject:
Animate Dreams wrote:
Lol wtf
Hook me up with that biggrin.gif

I will tongue.gif

I've done all my developement work on windows tongue.gif Kinda rushed this release out a bit. So i didnt have time to implement the command module i wanted to.

I want to improve a few things for the next version

- its still missing remote messaging support and squad messaging support
- i'm not too sure how it will handle when more than one zone is connected. (not tested it very much)

- The connection to the database is very ugly at the moment. I'm pretty sure i could do it in a better way. also the squad management code is a bit of a mess.

If anyone has an idea about how to write the database linking stuff in a nicer way -that can be extended easily with the plugins please let me know!
tcsoccerman - Fri May 11, 2007 6:34 pm
Post subject:
what is the help command, like ?man in sst biller
BDwinsAlt - Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 pm
Post subject:
He'll probably add commands later. Download my command module above and add to it.
Doc Flabby - Sun May 13, 2007 5:02 am
Post subject:
I've removed the biller from active use. as it has a number of critial bugs i need to fix.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic