Server Help

Misc User Apps - Continuum on a mac?

Anonymous - Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:22 pm
Post subject: Continuum on a mac?
Has anyone been able to pull this off? I recently made the switch, which I'm very happy about, although I do terribly miss good old SS.

I tried installing a windows emulator, downloaded it into my emulater (called 'Q') but when I tried to open it, nothing happened.

Does anyone play on a Mac?
Animate Dreams - Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:39 am
Post subject:
Well, people managed to get it to run with Wine, which makes me wonder if you can't also get it to run with DarWine, but apparently Continuum is tricky to get to run on other systems. Find a topic(trash talk) called "Finally, Continuum in Linux!" for more info on this.
xsp0rtsfanx - Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:53 pm
Post subject:
why would you play games on a mac.. i thought they were expensive to just look good..

also i know people have gotten on but i dont know how they did icon_sad.gif
Doc Flabby - Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:55 pm
Post subject:
i think they used virtual pc
BDwinsAlt - Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 am
Post subject:
Hmm it seems VMWare is only made for Windows and Linux. I'm clueless then.
(Deactived B l a h e r) - Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am
Post subject: Re: Continuum on a mac?
Anonymous wrote:
H recently made the switch, which I'm very happy about

Wow, never come up to me in real life, or I will stab your eyes out.
Why the fuck would you switch from windows to mac, it's a waste of money, you could at least go in the path of Linux, but seemingly you like things that only look good and have no real intention of doing other things then office work, and pictures, I hope you die!
Another has fallen to the commercial view of macintrash focusing on the young youth of today, it's sad really. They give free computers to schools, so that kids are grown up with using apples, and they have no real direction in to the IT fields...

Personally, I do have a mac, but I only use it for one purpose.

The only way you'll ever get to see SS again, is if you step back in to reality, and come back to the windows side, or in to Linux with wine. I remembered the guy who claimed he had set up wine with apple, but he forgot to state, he was using boot camp and had put Linux and windows on it instead of wasting his time with Macintrash.
Contempt+ - Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:03 pm
Post subject:
Animate Dreams wrote:
Well, people managed to get it to run with Wine, which makes me wonder if you can't also get it to run with DarWine, but apparently Continuum is tricky to get to run on other systems. Find a topic(trash talk) called "Finally, Continuum in Linux!" for more info on this.

He said he's running a Mac, not Linux.
(Deactived B l a h e r) - Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:28 pm
Post subject:
I'de be supprised if it didn't crash though...
Doc Flabby - Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:57 am
Post subject:
This is what you need: Some people on macs play in tw using this.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/applications/virtualpc/
Lynx - Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 pm
Post subject:
I've written a brief walkthrough that can help you running Continuum on OS X via wine. It's not much different to Linux, but if you're not CMDLUI savvy, it's a nice newb-friendly walkthrough. I still need to make a few edits, but it should be fine.

http://krslynx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=59

Have fun,

krslynx
All times are -5 GMT
View topic