Server Help

Bot Questions - AI bot (possibly new version)

Bjorn - Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Post subject: AI bot (possibly new version)
Hey,

Ive been away for quite awhile and while I was gone I've recieved ALOT of feedback concerning problems and new features of the AI bot.

I was thinking I would make a thread where people could suggest new features or improvements and report problems. Now that I have abit more time I hope to be able to release a new version.

And while im at it, if you report a problem you have to go into great detail if you want any chance of getting the problem resolved. The bot is basically a miniclient of cont so its very experimental and bound to have problems with certain settings and other things.

/Bjorn (maker of the aibotty)
BDwinsAlt - Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:37 pm
Post subject:
I don't really play much Cotninuum anymore, or make bots, but I did notice that after a while the bot would not take damage from bombs, only bullets. It shows on the console that it was hit but shows 0 damage. Another cool feature would be to make burst damage the bot. That's all I can really think of. Good job with the bot though, it's really nice. Thanks for taking the time to code a bot like that. Not many people want to take the time to code a bot and do all the physics. :-D
Bjorn - Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:29 pm
Post subject:
The problem with the bomb damage is acctually kinda known. i thought i had solved that problem, guess not icon_smile.gif
I'll have a look at that again.

About the burst damage it should be fairly easy to add but the bouncing of projectiles isn't 100% accurate (Just couldnt replicate the physhics code well enough). especially not over a couple bounces so I never bothered.
I guess some kind of implementation is better then none though.
Anonymous - Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:31 pm
Post subject: :p
Bjorn, could you please release your missile AS3 plugin? I saw it in your old dev zone once, and I loved it. >_<
xsp0rtsfanx - Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:43 pm
Post subject:
AS3 Plugin? isnt that like an oxymoron?

One thing that would be cool is if you could make the bot put into AS3 so all the new zone owners are more likely to go that route instead of the 10 year old subgame. I personally have not used your bot since I have had no need to, but from what I've heard I'd like to say great job well done!
Confess - Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm
Post subject:
You can kill the bot through walls.
Bjorn - Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:46 pm
Post subject:
Confess wrote:
You can kill the bot through walls.

If set up correctly you cant.
EliteAssassin - Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 am
Post subject:
Could I get the a version of this because the only ones I could find had broken links..
Maverick - Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:34 am
Post subject:
It should be downloadable at:
http://www.dsbleague.com/aibot.html

(Original) topic:
http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=5376
EliteAssassin - Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 am
Post subject:
I Looked there but for some reason the site says server cannot be found...do you think you could send it to me? VizKid560@Gmail.com
Gondola - Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:18 am
Post subject:
Yeah, dsbleague.com doesn't work for me either.
Maverick - Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:30 pm
Post subject:
I don't have the original package, but here is what I packaged for someone else. It contains AIMervbot 1.02 and everything is set to default, so its equal to what you would download from Bjorn's page.

dsbleague.com/aibot.html Google cache:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.dsbleague.com/aibot.html
cypherus - Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:08 pm
Post subject:
Having probs with this. Bots keep speccing themselves.

Edit: Ok now they enter the arena, but you cant see them and it's as if they dont even exist.

Edit: It's probably conflicting with my pub bot and one of it's many plugins. I tested it without and works fine. It would be great if you could make it more compatable with other bots in a future version though, like make it immune to other bot functions so that it can operate normally without interferance.
Samapico - Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Post subject:
*BIG BUMP*

http://aibot.ss-network.net/

A lot of people keep asking for that link... Maverick also attached it in this thread
I added AI bot to the Quick Links topic as well
All times are -5 GMT
View topic