Server Help

ASSS Questions - changefreq won't work

Smong - Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:30 pm
Post subject: changefreq won't work
If I use /?setfreq I don't get notified of the change and CHANGEFREQ:# doesn't seem to work even if I stick SEND: and SEND:CMD: in front, has this not been implemented into the server yet or am I doing something wrong?

OT: In Ctm how do I join a chat channel? I noticed that channels seem to work in Chatnet from looking at the ASSS terminal window.
Dr Brain - Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:36 pm
Post subject:
You are making a chatnet client too?

Chats dont work as there is no biller support. The server never seems to send SHIPFREQCHANGE messages either.
Grelminar - Tue Mar 04, 2003 6:11 pm
Post subject:
It simply hasn't been implemented yet. Mostly because I haven't figured out how I want to implement it. Oh, and lack of time. Anyway, who cares about freqs? The point of a chat client is to chat, right? icon_biggrin.gif
Smong - Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:37 am
Post subject:
Quote:
Anyway, who cares about freqs?

Freqs might be useful if players not in Chatnet change frequencies so you can adjust the FREQ freq number. Unless you change it to send:teamprivate:playernameonthatteam:message or something similar.

Quote:
The point of a chat client is to chat, right?

If someone customised the modules it might be possible to send extra data about the players and make a bot using chatnet.

I've put the source in the zip for the GUI so people can make their own.
If you do please send it to me.
Edit: Please use the new version because of a silly bug that shouldn't have happened (I forgot to initialise a string).
All times are -5 GMT
View topic