Server Help

ASSS Custom Projects - CNC Generals (half-done)

Smong - Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:24 pm
Post subject: CNC Generals (half-done)
As usual I've had this lying around for a while. I don't have time to finish it so I'm releasing it.

What it comes with:
Humvee and Overlord models made in Blender.
Arena settings.
Vehicle rabbit (rush to center, grab the vehicle which you keep until you die).
Team creds from turf flags (plus the usual lvz junk).
Vehicles you can buy with team creds next time you spawn.
Modules compiled for windows 1.4.0.
Suitable map layout and game related lvz.

What needs doing:
Map needs skinning with lvz properly.
Remaining ships need modelling (crusader, battlemaster, gatling tank).

I briefly looked over the code and tested the gameplay, all the debug stuff should be turned off and it seems to work as is.
D1st0rt - Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:34 pm
Post subject:
Looks good Smong, I like how the rotator script is included biggrin.gif

I just found out the other day that 1.4.1 has been out for weeks, maybe it needs to be more announced sa_tongue.gif
Anonymous - Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:24 pm
Post subject:
how do you use this thing and what does it do because looks interesting =)
Smong - Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:21 am
Post subject:
If you aren't already familiar with asss, and feel brave enough you can download it from http://sscx.net/asss. Once you can successfully get it running then you can try out this CNC mod.
  1. If you are running windows and asss-1.4.0 place the .dll files in the bin directory. Otherwise compile them for your system and version of asss (note this is possibly the hardest step). Don't forget to move the compiled modules to bin directory after compiling .
  2. Add fm_shiplimits:fm_shiplimits, vrabbit:vrabbit, fg_creds:fg_creds and vshop:vshop each on a seperate line to the end of conf/modules.conf.
  3. Create a new arena called cnc by creating a new directory called cnc inside the arenas directory.
  4. Place .lvl, .lvz, arena.conf, cnc.conf and cnc-ship into the arenas/cnc directory.
  5. Start asss, enter with cont, type ?go cnc.

All times are -5 GMT
View topic