Server Help

Zone Hosting / Advertising - SST Zone Hosting

Confess - Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:17 pm
Post subject: SST Zone Hosting
-= Website =-
http://sstcentral.com
- Admin(s) -
Confess+ (confess321@yahoo.com)

The SST Servers are now accepting good, well-built zones. The zone owners must be intelligent, mature, and must have good, mature, intelligent staff members (although staff members are not required). There are 2 servers, a cable server (mainly development, but also capable of handling a pop), and a dedicated server. We use the SST Billing Service. Statistics are listed below. (Exceptions on restrictions may apply; we uphold the right to deny a zone slot.)

Zones Currently Hosted:

SSCT Star Wars
Beefie's Zone
A few dev zones for me.

Current Slots Available:

Dedicated Server: 8
Cable Server #1: 5

Total Zone Slots used: 4
Total Zone Slots available: 13

-------------------
Dedicated Server:
· Intel Pentium D Dual Core ~ 2.8ghz
· 1024mb Ram
· 80gb hard drive
· Windows 2003 Enterprise
· 100mbps upload port
· 10 Zone Slots Total
· 1 Mervbot Core and Three Spawns per zone.
· SST Billing
· FTP Access
· Serverdoc

-------------------
Cable Server#1:
· Intel Pentium 4 ~ 2.0ghz
· 256mb Ram
· 40gb hard drive
· Windows XP Proffessional
· 2.5mb down/250kbps up
· 5 Zone Slots Total
· SST Billing
· FTP Access
· Serverdoc
-------------------

Things you should know:
? Zone does not need to be finished to be hosted, but the owner must be active and work on it. If the zone is not done, it will not be allowed on the dedicated server, however.
? If a bot core other then Mervbot is wanted to be hosted, a special request must be made and approval will be considered.
? All custom plugins must be overlooked for malicious material. The src must be sent to me, and I will then look it over or have a trusted person look it over.
? Neither the SST Staff members, nor anyone else associated with SST will use your files, if they do, action will be taken.
? If a file is found on the zone that is not property of the zone (a.k.a. stolen) the zone will be removed from the SST Server.
? Neither I, nor any other SST Staff member will make backups. We give you FTP so you can back it up yourself.
? Just as we respect your zone, please respect our servers!
? If the zone crashes, Serverdoc will bring it back up. If Serverdoc does not, try using the Serverdoc Cpanel. ONLY CLICK ONCE ON THE CPANEL! If the zone still does not load, feel free to contact the proper Admin. (I can usually get it done)
-------------------
If you would like hosting, please go to our website and click on “Apply”. Fill the application out, then you may or may not be accepted. Bugging us will NOT help your application WHATSOEVER. So it is highly suggested you don't icon_smile.gif. (An occasional reminder is OKAY).
Chambahs - Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:10 am
Post subject:
There are too many people taking the SST acronym for their zone hosting, and im not trying to be a dick, but why would people trust you with their zones?
Confess - Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:23 am
Post subject:
Never once have I, nor will I use any zone owners files for personal or business or any other kind of use. Nor will they be handed out by me, or any staff members of the SST Network. If something of this degree does happen, action will be taken.

I have proven the fact that I am trustworthy and loyal over and over again. If a 5+ year saga of hosting, with loyalty and honor to all the zones, zones owners, and zone files, does not prove it, then wow, how ignorant can you be?
Contempt+ - Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:57 am
Post subject:
Have you been around for 5+ years? I haven't seen you for more than 1 year.
Assassin2684 - Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:59 am
Post subject:
O hes been around that long. I just dont think you have.
Maverick - Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:58 am
Post subject:
Quote:
· All custom plugins must be overlooked for malicious material. The src must be sent to me, and I will then look it over or have a trusted person look it over.

hahahahaha emot-lol.gif
Confess - Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:41 pm
Post subject:
The reason for this is--after I was threatened (or warned, i should say) that someone was going to load up a malicious plugin that would fuck some crap up, it became necessary to make this rule..if it is a regular Catid plugin (downloadable) however, I do not care.

Bot hosting is not nec. You can host your bot on your 56k computer, and it'll work fine..We provide it despite the fact that we could say "No, we will not host bots" like many other host do.
Confess - Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:47 pm
Post subject:
Update:
We now have a domain! Instead of the old domain, please use http://ssthosting.net/

Also:
We will now be offering webhosting to all the zone owners that would like it. Cpanel will be given if you have your own domain. Statistics will be listed on the webhosting later..You will also recieve a sub-domain if you wish.
Spyed - Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:06 am
Post subject:
You've spent alot of money on this.
newb - Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:11 am
Post subject:
I'm a little tea pot that doesn't know how to follow rules.

Edited by 1stStrike. This isn't the trash talk forum. Keep the trash talk there.
1stStrike - Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:03 pm
Post subject:
None of the posts here are flaming you. I junked/edited all the ones that were. You're the one that needs to chill.
BDwinsAlt - Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:17 pm
Post subject:
TWCore is coming. WOuld you be willing to install java and run TWCore?

Oh btw the silly MERVBot plugins...the source can say one thing and the dll say another. How do you check that? And if you host Java bots, would you know how to check those as well?
cypherus - Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:07 pm
Post subject:
Weither you like him or hate him, you gotta respect the guy for giving people free hosting .
BDwinsAlt - Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:09 am
Post subject:
icon_razz.gif When i get my credit card i told him i was gonna send him some money for last night sa_tongue.gif

Yeahs he's cool after a while. Sometimes you just get upset new_let_it_all_out.gif grav_update.gif ac_withstupid.gif new_all_coholic.gif
Confess - Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:19 pm
Post subject:
Applications are back open after being closed for a while (because of errors/etc). If you would like to apply, even if you have applied before, feel free to do so.
Confess - Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:46 pm
Post subject:
SST will now host ASSS (AS3) zones. If you would like to be hosted on ASSS, simply tell us.

SST Staff
Zamin - Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:46 pm
Post subject:
wew...tough words.

well, as a reference i've been going to his zones and getting to know confess, also seen a few people who used his server and nothing bad ever happened. Infact when my friend quit and then came back after like 2 months and got back his spot on the SST server, he faced no problems and got his old files back from confess which he had lost. So I wouldn't worry about for anything, as far as i'm concerned.
Confess - Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:53 am
Post subject:
Weavil has entered the SST network in hosting zones. One more server has been added. It has a dynamic IP, and thus, will change constantly. Server statistics are listed above. Bots will be hosted on the SST2 server due to the servers stats.
wEaViL - Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:38 pm
Post subject:
Just doing my part to give back to the community. If it bothers you i'll shut it down right now and pawn the server... Could use the cash for the new turbo I am putting on my car icon_lol.gif
Confess - Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:05 am
Post subject:
I would like to announce that SST now has a new dedicated server. This dedicated server will help improve the status of SST's well-being. We are here to help and serve the public. With the lighting of the new dedicated server, SST will be making some adjustments. The current SST zones will be renamed to SSTD and will remain the primary host for the biller. Currently we have abundant space on the servers, however we will not tolerate no-pop zones. As of today, we have 3-4 servers. Stats for the server are listed on the Server Stats page. Applications are open. Please comment us on anything you'd like to see done! icon_smile.gif
Purge - Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:07 am
Post subject:
Hahaha SSTD.
Confess - Mon May 01, 2006 1:15 am
Post subject:
Upon request, I have put up a teamspeak server for SST, you can download TS from http://goteamspeak.com. The IP is 208.101.21.155.
Purge - Wed May 03, 2006 11:22 pm
Post subject:
Will you be speaking on there without Microsoft's Sam voice?
Anonymous - Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:39 am
Post subject:
I hear you have been having troubles with your hosting, if you need to temp transfer over to N.E.X. i will host temp for you while you repair, i've got 99% up time at the moment, just contact me however you like, you know where to find me.
Confess - Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:58 pm
Post subject:
I greatly appreciate the offer, and if we need your services, I will make sure to contact you icon_smile.gif Right now, it is up to the zones whether they move or stay and wait out the issues.
Confess - Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:06 pm
Post subject:
Updates: After some much downtime, we have made a lot of improvement. The dedicated server has been moved to the The Planet datacenter instead of Softlayer. The Cable Server #1 has been removed due to certain reasons, and Cable Server #2 has become #1. Hopefully some new improvements will come soon, of which, I think you will like very much!

Thank you for your help and cooperation.

SST has been online for 8 months, can ya believe it? We'll be celebrating our 1 year anniversary very soon!
Confess - Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Post subject:
I am currently in the process of looking for some help on the SST network. I need someone who can help administrate the server, and the biller. You must have a clean record, be level headed, and show a good moral character to the community. If you'd like to help, private message me. If you post it on here, I will delete your post.
Confess - Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:19 pm
Post subject:
A new server has been added. The total server slots available has totaled to 25. Plenty of room left, keep applying.
Cyphen02 - Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:17 am
Post subject: lol
We are applieng, just takes forever for them to get through (No offense!) lol biggrin.gif
wEaViL - Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:37 am
Post subject:
Some of you have noticed that the SSTQ server went down. Well honestly I shut it down and never turned it back on. I've been having a real rough time this past month and right now nothing seems to be getting better. Confess, I will get with you asap and let you know whats going on and why I was ignoreing your im's. Sorry everyone.
Confess - Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:01 am
Post subject:
SST has plenty of space left. After a much necessary denial of service, we now have decided that anyone that needs a zone may easily get one as long as they show they can and will actually develop it (this is for dev zones). You will be put on a dedicated server with a 100mbit line, so lag will not be an issue, however you will also have the option of being on a cable server. If you applied, feel free to re-apply, or -re-ask us.

What do we require for development zones?
I'd like to see a map (done or not), and some kind of settings other then the default (done or not).

So, what about ASSS?
We currently offer ASSS on Windows only, however, within a short amount of time, we hope to also offer Linux ASSS.

Which biller will we connect too?
SST currently offers 2 billers. SSC and SST. If we find that you are worthy of being hosted on the SSC network, and you meet the requirements for SSC hosting, we will apply for a slot. Other then that, by default you will be connected to the SST Biller and will recieve Lvl 3 Bang op.

Will I be listed on the directory?
If you are not very far on the side of finished, we ask that you please reframe from being listed on the directory, however we will not stop you from being listed.
Confess - Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:32 pm
Post subject:
SST and SSCT hosting will temporarily cease for upwards of 4 months or more or less. Im pissed off right now and dont want to go into details, good day. If you're a zone owner, please backup your things...unfortunetelly, this will also affect SSCE Hockey Zone. Im sorry BG =/ SSL has graciously offered to take over any zones which wish to move over.
Die Hard - Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:00 am
Post subject:
what happend C+ ?
Cyan~Fire - Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:37 pm
Post subject:
Professional. icon_confused.gif
Bak - Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:32 pm
Post subject:
who do I contact about SSL hosting?
Purge - Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:08 am
Post subject:
steigerwald
Confess - Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:11 am
Post subject:
You're being hosted VIA SSCB, Bak-. You dont need to worry about any hosting.
Solo Ace - Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:51 am
Post subject:
Did you actually read the 'SSL' part of Bak's post, Confess?
phong - Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:04 pm
Post subject:
Still hosting ASSS zones here..
Sonic VI - Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:07 pm
Post subject:
I got no reply icon_sad.gif
Confess - Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:06 am
Post subject:
SST's website address has now changed, reason may be explained later on if a further issue occurs, for now please go to:

http://www.sstcentral.com for the SST Website.
Jmunky85 - Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:59 pm
Post subject: Re: SST Zone Hosting
Confess wrote:
-= Website =-
http://sstcentral.com
- Admin(s) -
Confess+ (confess321@yahoo.com)

The SST Servers are now accepting good, well-built zones. The zone owners must be intelligent, mature, and must have good, mature, intelligent staff members (although staff members are not required). There are 2 servers, a cable server (mainly development, but also capable of handling a pop), and a dedicated server. We use the SST Billing Service. Statistics are listed below. (Exceptions on restrictions may apply; we uphold the right to deny a zone slot.)

Zones Currently Hosted:

SSCT Star Wars
Beefie's Zone
A few dev zones for me.

Current Slots Available:

Dedicated Server: 8
Cable Server #1: 5

Total Zone Slots used: 4
Total Zone Slots available: 13

-------------------
Dedicated Server:
· Intel Pentium D Dual Core ~ 2.8ghz
· 1024mb Ram
· 80gb hard drive
· Windows 2003 Enterprise
· 100mbps upload port
· 10 Zone Slots Total
· SST Billing
· FTP Access
· Serverdoc

-------------------
Cable Server#1:
· Intel Pentium 4 ~ 2.0ghz
· 256mb Ram
· 40gb hard drive
· Windows XP Proffessional
· 2.5mb down/250kbps up
· 5 Zone Slots Total
· SST Billing
· FTP Access
· Serverdoc
-------------------

Things you should know:
? Zone does not need to be finished to be hosted, but the owner must be active and work on it. If the zone is not done, it will not be allowed on the dedicated server, however.
? If a bot core other then Mervbot is wanted to be hosted, a special request must be made and approval will be considered.
? All custom plugins must be overlooked for malicious material. The src must be sent to me, and I will then look it over or have a trusted person look it over.
? Neither the SST Staff members, nor anyone else associated with SST will use your files, if they do, action will be taken.
? If a file is found on the zone that is not property of the zone (a.k.a. stolen) the zone will be removed from the SST Server.
? Neither I, nor any other SST Staff member will make backups. We give you FTP so you can back it up yourself.
? Just as we respect your zone, please respect our servers!
? If the zone crashes, Serverdoc will bring it back up. If Serverdoc does not, try using the Serverdoc Cpanel. ONLY CLICK ONCE ON THE CPANEL! If the zone still does not load, feel free to contact the proper Admin. (I can usually get it done)
-------------------
If you would like hosting, please go to our website and click on “Apply”. Fill the application out, then you may or may not be accepted. Bugging us will NOT help your application WHATSOEVER. So it is highly suggested you don't icon_smile.gif. (An occasional reminder is OKAY).

applied but got no confirmation e-mail..
Confess - Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:57 pm
Post subject:
SST/SSCT is relocating to the Asheville, North Carolina datacenter owned by Netriplex.com. We hope that this will greatly decrease pings for many people.

Thanks,
Confess+
All times are -5 GMT
View topic