Server Help

Trash Talk - Zone idea -- looking for helpers

Anonymous - Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:35 pm
Post subject: Zone idea -- looking for helpers
Zone idea (for those interested in either hearing it or joining the development team)

You are a miner-mercenary, tasked with getting precious metals from other planets and sending them back to earth for the betterment of your home planet. To do this, you find minerals (powerballs) and take them to a refinery (goal). Upon succesfully delivering minerals, you get a cut of the profits to upgrade your ship.

At the same time you are a also a mercenary, tasked by your government with protecting your cargo, other miners, and the fields used to procure your precious metals. Other races (teams) are desperate to cut into your profits and this simply cannot be allowed.

Teams:
Two (maybe more as we grow) public teams will compete.

We will allow individual races (private teams) to attempt to get their cut of the profits. Some will do this by taking over mineral deposits, some will do this by killing miners as they approach the refinery and steal the cargo for their own gain. I believe this will encourage the growth of pirate squads who are devoted to the zone moreso than their pub freq counterparts.

Classes:
Miners -- the ones who cheifly do the heavy lifting. Their ships have more powerful engines able to carry the heavy loads, but are therefore quite a bit less agile when carrying minerals, and essentially defenseless.

Pirates -- Light, quick, and deadly. Unable to carry minerals due to the weight of the metals, they are the attackers and defenders of the team.

Mercenaries -- Can carry minerals, but speed and manueverability will be mildly diminished. They are the middle road between Pirates and Miners.

Engineers -- Every team needs at least one to rule the game. They can erect large powerful walls (at a price) that can seal in their mineral deposit from outside attack. They are also the only ones in posession of a powerful warp core that allows miners to attach to them back home after depositing minerals (or when under attack) thereby cutting mining time effectively in half.

Thats about it. If you are interested in helping design/build/code, AIM me @ Euphoricism.

Thanks!
Nous
newb - Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:33 pm
Post subject:
I like the gameplay ideas! I might contact you later!

lpstvb@hotmail.com (MSN) if you can.
Or e-mail, whatever. icon_smile.gif
Assassin2684 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:14 pm
Post subject:
That is very interesting idea! I loved it. I would truly hope to see this come true because it sounds very neat.
Anonymous - Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:09 pm
Post subject:
I will need help. I have the idea, and I know what I want the map to look like -- but I'm not a graphics guy -- can't design the ships, tilesets, etc.

I'll also need a temporary host as I'm behind a router that I don't have access to.

Email me: Euphoricism@gmail.com
AIM me: Euphoricism

~Nous~
Anonymous - Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:01 pm
Post subject:
Its a soccer zone with an illusion of a story line. icon_razz.gif
Confess - Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:36 pm
Post subject:
Zone sounds real cool! I'd be glad to help ya!
Contact me on AIM/etc <my info is on my contact information> and I will host your zone on SST icon_smile.gif
Spyed - Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:51 am
Post subject:
I like the idea of miners and stuff (you could add a great story line).

Surely then this would be RPG?
Anonymous - Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:20 pm
Post subject:
Yes, a type of RPG. I'm thinking of putting the game on say a 20-30 minute timer, so that every one starts with a blank slate at the lowest levels and has to work as a team to upgrade. The team that works best together will then get the best upgrades.
Spyed - Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 am
Post subject:
So when will this zone have a test zone open?
Default - Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:21 am
Post subject:
I love to help but I just begin to play Continuum, this month.
I am learning right now icon_smile.gif
Anonymous - Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:01 pm
Post subject:
The zone is up under the name SST Conquest.

However, without a bot coder, I'm dead in the water.
1stStrike - Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:13 am
Post subject:
Try using ASSS instead or learning yourself. Sometimes it's just better to do things yourself rather then trying to track down people to do it for you.

From what I'm told creating plugins for mervbot is quite easy.
Cyan~Fire - Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:42 pm
Post subject:
It is if you actually know C++.
D1st0rt - Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:53 pm
Post subject:
Even script kiddies can write mervbot plugins if they use Underlord's tutorial as a reference

(I did back in the day when I only knew Java)
Spyed - Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:23 am
Post subject:
What is the age where people no longer are refered to as kids?
Assassin2684 - Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:53 am
Post subject:
about 13 or 14 because thats when they become teens/young adults.
Cyan~Fire - Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Post subject:
It's easy if you know C++, but you can work it out with underlord's if you don't.
Anonymous - Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:18 pm
Post subject:
My coding knowledge died with QBasic back in middle school. ;/
Spyed - Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:51 am
Post subject:
Thank you for telling us that "guest" i'm sure he'll contact you really easily.
BDwinsAlt - Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:18 pm
Post subject:
Sounds cool, i bet there are some nice Java coders who will code you a bot in TWCore. icon_lol.gif
D1st0rt - Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:38 pm
Post subject:
I could be wrong, but I think he just volunteered to write you a bot.
BDwinsAlt - Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:41 pm
Post subject:
Yea if i have time, im putting the finishing touches on my duel bot and race bot. School and all new_let_it_all_out.gif . I'll come by and check it out sometime.
Spyed - Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:03 am
Post subject:
I have no Idea what's happening with this zone now?
Smong - Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:10 am
Post subject:
What's stopping everyone being a pirate and reducing the zone to deathmatch which will then mean everyone leaves?
All times are -5 GMT
View topic