Server Help

Misc User Apps - conf cleaner (asss)

Anonymous - Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:29 am
Post subject: conf cleaner (asss)
When you change settings in asss through the game it just appends them to the end of the conf file. This program will try and group all the settings into sections and discard old duplicates.

Since it is fairly dumb any preprocessor directives in your conf file may get screwed up.
Also I notice this program isn't case-insensitive, so any lazy people doing ?seta misc:sheepmessage=baah may find that it appears before [Misc] SheepMessage (so you need to go in and fix this yourself).
Ok so there are at least two glitches as mentioned above, but it will save you loads of time cleaning up your arena.conf's.
Grelminar - Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:11 pm
Post subject:
how about some source code to go with those binaries? we can't work on fixing those glitches without it.
Anonymous - Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:19 pm
Post subject:
Always nice to know someone is at least trying to fix ones own problems.

Edit by CypherJF (by request): "there should be 'afree(map);' after line 106; I added prototypes in after uploading (good job I double checked)." - Smong
Grelminar - Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:39 am
Post subject:
if you check the util.c/h in cvs, you'll find a nifty LLSort function for sorting linked lists. it uses a merge sort. you might also want to use RemoveCRLF.

my best advice, though, would be to write this sort of thing in python. it's much much easier to use than C for string manipulation, has built-in dictionaries and lists, automatic memory management, etc.
Smong - Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:56 pm
Post subject:
I'll take a look at those two things you mentioned. As for the Python thing, I'm not sure if windows users will have it installed and I don't really know python.

I hoped you would be releasing a conf cleaning script at some point but I have been waiting a while so I wrote my own (I just spent about 5min looking for the thread where it was brought up before).
Grelminar - Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:57 pm
Post subject:
the next windows package will include python, so hopefully that's not an issue. i would like to try it myself at some point, but i'm not sure when that'll be.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic