Server Help

Misc User Apps - Greenland Lvz Editor

50% Packetloss - Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:56 am
Post subject: Greenland Lvz Editor
I noticed a new lvz editor on ssdownloads.com and I went to take a look
http://www.ssdownloads.com/index.php?act=file&fid=1096

Ill try to make my criticism useful, so i wont mention that .net framework blows goats.

1. I should be able to open files inside the program, not have to close and then startup a new instance of it in order to load a file. Plus the FILE menu on the toolbar doesn’t work, so when did you plan on letting people save their work?
2. After i loaded the test map, the window-inside-window thing is just too difficult to manage. I had to grab the small window and drag it over just so that i could maximize it.
3. How is it that the radar isn’t square, last i checked maps are 1024x1024
4. the tileset is always the same size, no need to have a resizable window for them
5. placing the zoom tool over the map makes a big X sign, change that
6. rendering is slow, when I press zoom out, i have to run to my time machine and travel into the future
7. WTF are nodes, and they don’t do shit

I could type for hours but it would be pointless, i understand that the program is beta but maybe it should actually be able to do something before you release it. The tiling seems to work, along with the tools except the letters tool. I’m not sure if the author was racing to get the editor out before anyone else, but the product is just wasting hard drive space on my comp. I even managed to crash it, just click on the link to shanky.com in the about menu.
CypherJF - Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:02 am
Post subject:
I believe this was not a full release? But rather showing how far he/she had gotten done; and suggestions people might have.
50% Packetloss - Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:40 am
Post subject:
still you would think that it could actually do something. Its like designing a SS client but you cant get in the game.
btw, nice website
SuSE - Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:13 pm
Post subject:
in all likelihood, bajan or testtube or some sillyhead just put it up on their own without craigg's knowledge

btw -> http://forums.minegoboom.com/viewtopic.php?t=2616

(that's the thread RIGHT below this one sa_tongue.gif )
CypherJF - Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:27 pm
Post subject:
biggrin.gif thats what I was thinking, they went through and grabbed files... but hey, that's alright :/ (in a certain aspect)

ty 50% biggrin.gif
50% Packetloss - Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:03 pm
Post subject:
oh so ssdownloads just grabs files. my bad
SuSE - Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:36 pm
Post subject:
probably - that's my motto anyways

"when in doubt, blame ssdl"
Mine GO BOOM - Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:34 pm
Post subject:
They still havn't updated my lvztoolkit on their site yet. Not like its a critical update, but still.
SuSE - Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:02 pm
Post subject:
Mine GO BOOM wrote:
They still havn't updated my lvztoolkit on their site yet. Not like its a critical update, but still.

it's so annoying having to explain over and over to download from your site instead of ssdownloads
CypherJF - Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:53 pm
Post subject:
Submit the URL for downloading it... :/ I do it all the time tongue.gif
Mine GO BOOM - Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:40 pm
Post subject:
Yeah, I don't really ever visit their site, or for that matter, almost any other Subspace site.
D1st0rt - Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:27 pm
Post subject:
I was downloading some maps off of ssdl, and I got the pub map from Gundam Wing, although I don't think its up there anymore
All times are -5 GMT
View topic