Server Help

Trash Talk - linux server...

Anonymous - Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:35 am
Post subject: linux server...
whats up with the linux server - i have found a newsitem dated oct 4 in the news archive of www.shanky.com but i cant find the server anywhere..

i just need a status update because thats about the only thing which keeps me from not running a server myself.. (yes, windows blows as a server icon_smile.gif)
Dr Brain - Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:16 pm
Post subject:
Its not done yet.

Wait in line like the rest of us icon_smile.gif
Mine GO BOOM - Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:02 pm
Post subject:
The big hold up is that it doesn't support continuum encryption yet since priitk sent us part of the encryption code. A continuum client can connect, just it will default back to VIE encryption, which is easily hacked now-a-days. Still waiting on priitk...
Anonymous - Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:04 pm
Post subject:
might we expect it as a christmas present? :/
Mine GO BOOM - Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:03 pm
Post subject:
Sure, but don't ask what year.
Anonymous - Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:47 pm
Post subject:
Ahem.

priitk never sent you anything, mgb, as far as I know :)

Cont encryption support is there, it's just limited in certain ways. I've talked with priitk about how to finish it, and I think he's planning on helping (one of the possibilities involves updating cont). Of course, it's priitk, so who knows how long that'll take.

Only part of it is waiting on priit. There are a few other things that need to get done before an inital release that are only waiting on me. Fortunately, I'm on my winter break now, and I plan on getting most of them done in the next month. We'll see how that works out.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic