Server Help

Misc User Apps - SubSpace NewsMaker

Doggeti - Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:46 pm
Post subject: SubSpace NewsMaker
I wrote this little program with VisualBasic. You can open your server's news.txt, edit and save it. The clue is, that it has the same window width, font style and font size as the news window that pops up in the client. So, you immediatly see how the visitors of your zone will see the news page while you edit your news.
When you run the program it will take the folder where it's located as default. Just place it in you server directory and you can skip the step of choosing the directory that contains the news.txt.
If you have problems send me a PM.
Smong - Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:30 pm
Post subject:
How about being able to find the file using the windows "Open" box (see MSPaint as an example). That way you can open any file, not just "news.txt", especially useful for AsssWin as the news.txt can have any name.
That way you can get more screen space to make it exactly the same size as the Ctm news reader (it looks a little shorter to me on 800x600)
Doggeti - Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:27 pm
Post subject:
I didn't use the open box because it means little bit more effort. But if the users are used to standard windows forms icon_smile.gif
I don't have any experience with Asss so i didn't know that feature. I will change the prog so that you can choose what file to open.
I will have a look at the height again.
Doggeti - Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:05 am
Post subject:
Ok, here is the new version. You now can open any txt file with standard windows dialogs and the height is the same as in the client window. Must have made a error calculating it icon_redface.gif icon_smile.gif
Anonymous - Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:14 pm
Post subject:
O THANK GOD!
SuSE - Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:44 am
Post subject:
mind uploading a copy of your comdlg32.ocx?
Doggeti - Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:31 pm
Post subject:
Here you have it. Put it in your ...\Windows\system32\ folder.
SuSE - Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:08 pm
Post subject:
thankee mucho, I hate trying to find the exact right one for everybody's apps sa_tongue.gif
Doggeti - Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:35 am
Post subject:
Just for your information: The latest version is 1.1.1. You can find it on Subspacedownloads.com under Editors. If you already have 1.0 or 1.1 there is no need to get that version because I only fixed a mistake in the description box at the bottom of the main window.
Doggeti - Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:46 am
Post subject:
I just want to make you aware of v1.2 available on subspacedownloads.com
All times are -5 GMT
View topic